All member reviews for Roblox

Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 June 14, 2010

For Any Age

I love this website. You can go onto games and fight or play minigames or anything. The violence is not bad, you can use rockets/bombs/paintball guns/bouncey balls/sling shots/and many other things. This is not bloody. Your kids can learn about scripting, which is an essential when it comes to video game designing, and you can build whatever you want. Parents, there is no filter with language, ive ran into some people who have a tongue of a sailor. (means they cuss alot) but they get banned and cant get back on ROBLOX. You can buy things in the catalog (not real money, your character earns something called tix/robux that you use to buy other things.) And there is one more thing, ROBLOX players can put anything on their game. You have something called decals that you can paint on walls or your house or anything. Sometimes there is blood on walls, but thats only at like a zombie game or something. This also requires a download to play the games, which isnt alot of MB. Administrators are always standing by to make sure your child is safe, like if someone posted a decal of freddy krueger and admin would check the picture and deny it to be uploaded on ROBLOX. So you dont need to worry about anything image wise. There is a 1 in a thousand change that you will find a game where someone cusses. There is a report button too, that you can click put in the characters name, and tell them what theyve said or done something wrong. And the word "noob"is common. This is not a bad word. If you did something stupid people would call you a noob. This just mean you are new to the game or acting like you are. You can make many friends, and if you have any questions, go to the forum, and ask it. Users respond almost immediately and will help you with your problems.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySoulxBow February 18, 2011

Hmm...

I'm 16. I don't know why I play roblox but I guess I wanted to try it out. Off Topic, TONS of innapropriate forums and tons of trolls. Every other word seems to make another user mad. Safety is also a problem. You can even give out where you live in the SAFE chat. To me that's just messed up. I don't think I'm going to stick to roblox.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysuchanoddity February 17, 2011

Not as good.

It used to be fun in it's younger stages, but there are too many "noobs" (as people on the site call them), or kids that don't really know what they're doing, or they are obnoxious. It really ruins the site
Teen, 13 years old Written byzc97 March 15, 2010

Good site, just make sure to monitor your kids

Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2009

ITS AWESOME

Roblox is a kid friendly website that needs a download to play. But it IS viris free and is truste aprooved. This safe online game is fun and is a good way to keep in touch with your friends. And one more good feature, if you are under 13 years of age you are needed to use safe mode. safe mode is a feature that makes you use a series of pre-written senteces that are safe. if you curse it will filter the word and you will be banned.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZacmac1997 May 26, 2009

An excellent game

I am Zacmac1997, who won WPBC. Roblox is well thought of, and is mostly aged for 10 year olds.One problem is language because in almost every game,( though with report button), People Cuss. But, you can report them. Another problem is diffuculty. The building aspect can be extremely hard. But, if you find out how to play, this game can become addicting!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnaaBellee February 16, 2011

Good game.

Hey, I'm from Off Topic. Ima give you a lesson. OT is mostly the innappropriate forum, as we're known for some pretty disturbing stuff... RT's full of flamewars. You get my point. Oh, and face it. Hackers. ROBLOX wants money. All that. But, my neighbor plays along with his brother. They started playing when they were 3 and 6. Now they're 4 and 7.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBusea September 17, 2011

DON'T GO TO ROBLOX!!

well it started out likke um okay but now it sucks. Almost everything on the site costs money, If you play for free you will just want to pay for it because free players dont get many options i used to be OBC but i see now that most people on roblox are jerks or perverts and its not really fun anymore unless your someone who plays with their own family on their own places. Be warned, either make your own child suitable games, or Go into the deep dark world that is the community of roblox. Including realistic nudity, an example is at 123sixtymam's place, unless it was deleted, and bad language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki April 16, 2011

Kids shouldn't be on the Internet. Roblox is an example of why.

I've played Roblox for THREE years now. I can say, it's worse than Sonic Unleashed. First of all, they completely ignore any excessive violence. They ignore all reports on online dating. The filter sucks, and noticeable product placement? DISNEY. Users can add drugs into the game, and kids like my cousin feel insecure playing this.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

ROBLOX IS SCARY

It is good... but the games are scary. Theres a game called "The Cursed House" and when you go into this one part of the hallway a zombie face pops up on your screen and makes a disturbing noise. now the weird part was that you couldnt get past it, and right after it popped up it would kick you out of the game. Ive also seen an ad with the exorcist lady on it. it covered the whole thing. and the haunted houses are freaky. I was exploring a haunted house and there was a window that lead into the bedroom and it showed a robloxian with a decal of the exorcist face on its head staring at you. And Koomikes F.E.A.R.s gave me nightmares. theres also a game created by WillieTehWierdo200 called ghost hunters. it is freaky cause if ur in the bathroom and you stare at the mirror a zombie face comes up and makes a noise that gives me the chillies at night. and the front bell rings and a ghost walks by and scares alot of users. theres also the theater screen, (makes a cough noise and a zombie comes up and its frightening) and in the attic thers a room with a chair, and a picture of mona lisa. if u sit in the chair and stare at it lightning flashes and mona lisas face is a scary alien thing. Now, if you can avoid these games, you will like roblox ;D
Teen, 16 years old Written byernesto123456789 February 24, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byStere0123 December 4, 2009

BEST WEBSITE EVER.

EPIC! ITS THE BEST GAMING WEBSITE EVER!
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 6, 2011

I Dislike Roblox

I think Roblox is a safe place for children to play on, but the website sucks in my opinion, anyway. But children can use curse words, some games are violent, and there is product placement. Roblox is tremendously boring, so boring I got off of it after ten minutes. I am an older girl and this kind of sort is crappy to me, teenagers and adults exposed to this may be upset. This website is rubbish. But younger kids may enjoy it.
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2010

Pretty good

sometimes people cuss but great site!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabatonfan June 27, 2012

LEARNING

Four year player. Parents need to be involved with their child.

I have currently played this game for well over four years and have seen the best and worst of the community. In some of the most popular games, online dating, foul language, and exploiting (people finding ways to break ROBLOX's firewalls to do things from simply adding extra bricks to a published place to inserting severe sexual content) are becoming issues that the ROBLOX team fails to resolve. Though, if parents find places appropriate for their children, the game can become a safe environment where children can practice programming, mathematical, and language skills valuable for a career in gaming design. The community ranges from horrid to superb. There are always your trolls (people posting statements intended to upset certain users, such as "so-and-so is an idiot and should be banned) and buffoons, but it is also known that college students use the site to study programming and enjoy giving a helping hand to newer players. Parents should be warned that there is no way to block a user from contacting your child, and that the ROBLOX moderation and support teams have sup-par responses to issues in its community, including a very rude email from one of the ROBLOX support team when I have sent a complaint about them not taking action against a bully I have been facing for well over a year and countless automatic, fill-in-the-blank, emails for other issues. Parents need to be involved with their children in this game. There is an option where parents can link their accounts to their children's and view things such as punishments given to their child, items bought, and friends recently made. Because this site has a very open filter (the game sometimes filters out swear words and offensive stuff, though it is easy to get around this), there is a potential for very young kids to see something offensive if they are not programmed to not view these chat messages.
Teen, 16 years old Written byElectricfirebolt January 2, 2012

STAY AWAY!

Roblox to the untrained eye looks brilliant but if you look the people who have experience roblox as a user not a parent are not satisfied with roblox, I myself can also tell you that in not satisfied as a user and I created an account in late 2007. Roblox back in 2006, 2007 and 2008 was much more positive and friendly towards the users, the community was more friendly and administrators were more helpful but as years have went on the Roblox Corporation seems to be changing their views of roblox as once a fun development innovative game to a money making scam, there was once the option of one builders club and the price for it was not through the roof but nowadays there trying to get money out of you at every chance they can, they introduced another two types of membership which are very expensive and then they've put the prices up on buying virtual currency and virtual shop so that kids have to buy more currency. The safety of kids on the website is far from what it was originally although they will tell you its more safe. They show ads on basic members that more than often are innapropriate for the age group that is using the website, games are not moderated and often contain violence and users who use bad language frequently and are not banned, and the users who do get banned are the users who are behaving correctly. The community and forums are very ignorant and nasty to other users and often contains online bullying. There is alot of spammers who get away with links that lead to adult content but are shortened therefore hidden and not moderated. The support which is given is poor, contact them and if your lucky enough to get a reply then you might aswell stop their becouse if you continue your conversation about the issue your experience or go onto further issues they'll block your email no matter what. I have experienced roblox for 5 years and i can gladly say that i never want to return to roblox again. I could say alot more but this explains the basics. MONEY MAKING CORPORATION!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChaocrazy December 3, 2009

Great Game, Fun, But It's Not Exactly "Free"

Ok, ROBLOX is a great game, it can be fun an educational, though they seem to try to get all of your money. The game by itself is free, but there's a lot of extra benefits that are WAY too expensive. First, you can buy a "Builders Club" that can get you more ROBLOX money, and that costs $6.00 a month. Then they create a link where you can buy the virtual money with real money, starting at $10.00. Not good. Now, they have a "Turbo Builders Club" that will get you much more money, and 25 places to create. The most ridiculous thing they've created is "Outrageous Builders Club." I was "iffy" on every other builders club, but they're going too far now. Some games can be violent/scary. The violent games are like "Lego Star Wars," but some of them may contain blood (red bricks, the owner created the blood. Not usually in games.) Now, scary games can contain ghosts, demons, and so on. Now, your kids have the choice to go to those games or not. They should know if it's scary before they go in the game. The bright side of ROBLOX is that it is educational, and it is allowed in many schools. Kids should definately be safe on ROBLOX, but make sure you don't give too much information away. Kids may curse and use innapropriate terms, but they can get banned right away. The ROBLOX staff gives you a chance, though, so you don't get completely banned right away. You just get banned for about a day. The second time, three days, and you can have the same amount of days more the once. It takes a lot to get completely banned, and if people are being too innapropriate and creating more accounts, they will IP ban you (Not allow you to get on ROBLOX under that internet connection at all, if you create another account or not.) ROBLOX is definately a fun game, but you have to be careful with certain things.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDinosaurdan1 January 29, 2012

Roblox is full of violence, swearing, and trolls

Warning to all parents, Roblox is not game for kids under the age of 13. A lot of the games are violent and revolve around killing stuff, or escaping things that are trying to kill you. The game is full of swearers, and they rarely ever get banned. I've seen racist people who don't get banned. Reporting someone is useless. There's a large change that the person you reported will not banned unless they were a hacker or a scammer. There's trolls everywhere, who will kill you, destroy your buildings, and spam the comments. They have multiple accounts, so if you report them, they will just switch to a different account and not get banned. Also some of the stuff in the catalog are models of stuff from M-rated games, and you can get objects covered in blood from the catalog.
Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2010

I like this game a lot. But considering of new scripting (It makes weapons, effects, etc.) there are some games in the horror genre that can have the scary maze face. It scared me, a lot. And some people talk about sexual stuff. And people will cuss, because there is no filter. Anything you can think of, is in the game. People can put cigars in their game, and that isn't very good. So I recommend 14+. Oh, and one more thing, there are dismemberments and people can add blood. And another, there is one good thing about this, this really helps creativity. People can also share personal information.
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2009

Roblox for ALL ages

I have been playing this game for 1 year now, and I can't stop loving it!!! Since I have been playing for a long period of time, I will give you a breakdown of the game: Roblox is a game where you create places with Lego-type objects; although this website has NO conjunction with Lego, Mega Blocks, etc. You can visit other people's places, you can make friends, you make stuff BLOW UP, and best part........IT'S FREE!!!!!!! Yeah, you read this right, it's free. There is a premium package called builder's club, where you get money every day, even if you are not on (Parents, don't be alarmed: all money is virtual, but you will still have to pay for builder's club with your credit card or Paypal account). You can also buy money (you will have to use credit card or paypal for that, too). Also, you can trade currency (this is free). Customize your character with heads, faces, gear, hats/masks/hair, shirts, t-shirts, and pants. (All of that is bought using virtual currency). Parents, wanna track your kids on here? You can, using a parent account. That is all I have to say about Roblox, now over 3.5 million users strong. (If you want to be my friend, my commonsensemedia account name is my roblox account name)