All member reviews for Roblox

Teen, 16 years old Written bySoulxBow February 18, 2011

Hmm...

I'm 16. I don't know why I play roblox but I guess I wanted to try it out. Off Topic, TONS of innapropriate forums and tons of trolls. Every other word seems to make another user mad. Safety is also a problem. You can even give out where you live in the SAFE chat. To me that's just messed up. I don't think I'm going to stick to roblox.
Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 June 14, 2010

For Any Age

I love this website. You can go onto games and fight or play minigames or anything. The violence is not bad, you can use rockets/bombs/paintball guns/bouncey balls/sling shots/and many other things. This is not bloody. Your kids can learn about scripting, which is an essential when it comes to video game designing, and you can build whatever you want. Parents, there is no filter with language, ive ran into some people who have a tongue of a sailor. (means they cuss alot) but they get banned and cant get back on ROBLOX. You can buy things in the catalog (not real money, your character earns something called tix/robux that you use to buy other things.) And there is one more thing, ROBLOX players can put anything on their game. You have something called decals that you can paint on walls or your house or anything. Sometimes there is blood on walls, but thats only at like a zombie game or something. This also requires a download to play the games, which isnt alot of MB. Administrators are always standing by to make sure your child is safe, like if someone posted a decal of freddy krueger and admin would check the picture and deny it to be uploaded on ROBLOX. So you dont need to worry about anything image wise. There is a 1 in a thousand change that you will find a game where someone cusses. There is a report button too, that you can click put in the characters name, and tell them what theyve said or done something wrong. And the word "noob"is common. This is not a bad word. If you did something stupid people would call you a noob. This just mean you are new to the game or acting like you are. You can make many friends, and if you have any questions, go to the forum, and ask it. Users respond almost immediately and will help you with your problems.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabatonfan June 27, 2012

LEARNING

Four year player. Parents need to be involved with their child.

I have currently played this game for well over four years and have seen the best and worst of the community. In some of the most popular games, online dating, foul language, and exploiting (people finding ways to break ROBLOX's firewalls to do things from simply adding extra bricks to a published place to inserting severe sexual content) are becoming issues that the ROBLOX team fails to resolve. Though, if parents find places appropriate for their children, the game can become a safe environment where children can practice programming, mathematical, and language skills valuable for a career in gaming design. The community ranges from horrid to superb. There are always your trolls (people posting statements intended to upset certain users, such as "so-and-so is an idiot and should be banned) and buffoons, but it is also known that college students use the site to study programming and enjoy giving a helping hand to newer players. Parents should be warned that there is no way to block a user from contacting your child, and that the ROBLOX moderation and support teams have sup-par responses to issues in its community, including a very rude email from one of the ROBLOX support team when I have sent a complaint about them not taking action against a bully I have been facing for well over a year and countless automatic, fill-in-the-blank, emails for other issues. Parents need to be involved with their children in this game. There is an option where parents can link their accounts to their children's and view things such as punishments given to their child, items bought, and friends recently made. Because this site has a very open filter (the game sometimes filters out swear words and offensive stuff, though it is easy to get around this), there is a potential for very young kids to see something offensive if they are not programmed to not view these chat messages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki April 16, 2011

Kids shouldn't be on the Internet. Roblox is an example of why.

I've played Roblox for THREE years now. I can say, it's worse than Sonic Unleashed. First of all, they completely ignore any excessive violence. They ignore all reports on online dating. The filter sucks, and noticeable product placement? DISNEY. Users can add drugs into the game, and kids like my cousin feel insecure playing this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzc97 March 15, 2010

Good site, just make sure to monitor your kids

Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2009

ITS AWESOME

Roblox is a kid friendly website that needs a download to play. But it IS viris free and is truste aprooved. This safe online game is fun and is a good way to keep in touch with your friends. And one more good feature, if you are under 13 years of age you are needed to use safe mode. safe mode is a feature that makes you use a series of pre-written senteces that are safe. if you curse it will filter the word and you will be banned.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywerened4868 January 13, 2014

HOW TO KEEP YOUR CHILD SAFE ON ROBLOX

Hi, I've been with Roblox almost when they started so I have some good first hand experience along with how to keep your child safe on the Roblox TIP 1: Make sure your child is using a 12 and under account. This means when your child enters a server (game) they will only be able to view and send pre-made chat messages. In any Roblox game there should be a blue chat bubble to the left of your screen in which you can click and select a chat message. You can go ahead and check out what those messages are by playing a game using a guest account. (Roblox will prompt you to select a male or female guest avatar before entering unless you are logged in with an account). IF your child uses a thirteen and up account you will be able send and receive custom chat messages made by other players and you. The custom chat is censored to an extent but many people find loop holes to bypass censorship. (Meaning there will be rude language passed around). To make sure your child is on a twelve and under account you can go to the top of your home screen on a personal account and click the account button. There you should find an option to change your date of birth, ALWAYS make sure your child is using the correct date of birth. TIP 2: Moniter your child's private messages. Be aware that private messages are NOT moderated and it is up to your child to be honest and report inappropriate content to moderators (I will touch on reporting abuses later). You can access your child's private messaging by going into their account and clicking the chat bubble on the home screen in the top right. TIP 3: Reporting abuses. If your child sees something that seems inappropriate TELL THEM TO TELL YOU FIRST before any course of action is taken. Often times children will report perfectly safe things and get in trouble for it. Anywhere in Roblox a report abuses button exists. It should be red with an exclamation mark in front or behind it. If you think the content is inappropriate YOU fill out the message moderators will recieve. You can be punished for a false report so beware. TIP 4: If you want to know when your child is online or not make their password something only you know. They COULD possibly set up an alternate account, if you see them playing Roblox after they didn't ask you to log them in means something might be fishy. ALWAYS tell your child to click the log out button, sometimes you don't have to log into roblox if you have been on recently (if you have been offline for around a week you will have to log in again). However by pressing the log out button you can make sure the next time your child decides to play Roblox you will have to enter their username and password. TIP 5: Tell them to NEVER give out personal information. I would recommend having a talk with your child about not giving out personal information before using the internet at all. TIP 6: Tell your child that if they feel mad at someone for whatever reason to just leave the game. Even with me, sometimes if someone is taunting me or being rude I just leave. I do use a thirteen plus account and this shouldn't be a problem if your child is using a twelve and under account. My Roblox username is awesomeroblox500 in case you need to ask me any questions through private messaging. I only accept friend requests from people I have actually met, however simply accepting a random friend request on Roblox shouldn't affect your privacy AT ALL, it's sort of like smiling back at someone when they smile at you. I would recommend checking on what your child is doing on Roblox about every 20 minutes. If you see something inappropriate make SURE to report it and tell your child to leave that game. Happy internet surfing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysuchanoddity February 17, 2011

Not as good.

It used to be fun in it's younger stages, but there are too many "noobs" (as people on the site call them), or kids that don't really know what they're doing, or they are obnoxious. It really ruins the site
Teen, 17 years old Written byZhaydog February 21, 2014

LEARNING

Don't even try it.

Trust me on this. I've been a veteran of ROBLOX for six years now. Back in 2008, the community was fair-off. Minor insulting, Minor issues on sexual content, and minor issues on privacy. In 2009, ROBLOX added consumerism to it's silver platter. It added 3 "memberships" (And now if you don't have those memberships you'll be fiercely threatened with being maimed.) The first membership was the one I got for 1 month to try it out, called "Builder's Club." It cost 5 dollars per month and for lifetime, cost $99. allowed you to get 15 Robux per day. We will talk about currency later. It was horrible. The next one- Turbo Builders Club. It allowed you to get a orange hard hat, and get 35 Robux per day, all for $10 a month. What a ripoff. But that is nothing compared to the last one. The Outrageous Builder's Club allowed you to get 60 Robux a day, have a black hardhat, and have access to OBCTV, to let you know first what was in the next update. The primary person has no membership, and is treated as a lower-class individual from the people with memberships. There is, on some servers, people who are even racist against these people-Quote from OBC Member thepicduck124 to non-premium member dahlea83- U litl ni**er gt of mah gm b*tch ur d*ck is smll Incase you couldn't understand that, then it went You little Ni**er, get off my game b*tch, your d*ck is small. See, people don't even spell right. Next, let's talk about violence. There are games that are like "survive Freddy Krueger, and Kill the president" I went on to a seemingly happy game called Have a house and live there" and when my character joined, then the "Exorcist" face showed up on my screen. Next, sexual content. People make games where you can hit buttons, and girl pops up, and you know what happens next. Next- Currency The nonmembers get 10 ROtix a day, and back in the developement days, 10 ROtix was equal to 1 RObux. Well, after the ratio change, then 30 ROtix was equal to 1 RObux. Good luck buying that "Sparkle time fedora" that will make you famous, because it costs 10000 RObux.Next up- Moderation. First, there is a 1 in 253 chance that if your child "reports" something that the mods will read it. The CEO, Shedletsky, is the LEAST active person on ROBLOX. Next, privacy In 2008, then there was no asking for personal info. Now- Quote-Dude i can give you free 1,000,000 RObux if you say your [social security number]. Guess what. Someone actually did it. And on swearing- People find loopholes like @ss and 8itch, and fVck. It sucks if your'e playing a game and the chat is flooded with profanity. Parents, for your child's sake, don't let them play this game. ~Zhay
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2013

Do not go on this site, EVER!

I would not go on this website if I were you, people call each other 'noobs'. People also swear a lot. Plus, people online date even though it is against the website rules. And also, Roblox is EXTREMELY greedy. There's this stuff called 'Robux' that can be used to buy cool stuff, but guess what? You need to use real money to pay for it! And there are LOTS of weapons in this game. There are, bombs, nukes, and even guns.
Kid, 8 years old August 7, 2014

So bad.

I used to play Roblox for almost a year with my friends and at first I thought it was great, but when I realized that people dated, said bad words, put REALLY gross stuff in the internet, and put bad gear, it had to go.
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2013

worst game ever!

I have played Roblox for almost 2 years.I have seen private parts of the body.my dad has been scammed twice because he was charged twice.I have been banned twice for no reason once for 3 days and today for 1 day.There is poor moderation twice I have reported and Roblox didn't nothing.I have been called very hurtful things.There is one person who has bullied me since I have started he has been putting that I have to be banned from his server...that was the only time I reported and it worked.I would not recommend this game to anyone under 18 years of age.They say it is "child friendly" but it is not. There is a lot of favoritism on Roblox because there is an account called ROBLOX that is friends with the server called Apocalypse Rising and that is ROBLOX's favorite server.My dad thought this game was okay at first after the first month there was stuff on boys and girls hangout like 123 for a hot bf or gf.And they will ban you for no reason after the fifth time they ban you your ip. address and your computer.People will make fun of you if you do not have builders club.People have threatened me like saying they are going to kill me.Once I was on a server I got attacked using very in appropriate description.Then I got a nasty message from somebody saying... roses are red violets are blue I have five fingers the middle one is for you.Then the same person said he was gonna stab me with his knife and he was going to shoot me in the eye with his BB gun then Roblox started attacking my parents that they owed them $1800.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

ROBLOX is a great game, some disgusting material though...

I really love ROBLOX, but the game can get extremely inappropriate, with a whole lot of bad games and good, it's a great building game, but mind what your kid plays, every once in a while there's a sexual game, watch out. The shooters aren't bad, neither are the sword fighting games, there ARE hackers, they will use disgusting hacks and stuff, there's amazing creations, moderators are lazy. There is a LOT of swearing, but there's a censor for younger kids now. See you. (^^)/ Oops! Almost forgot! The horror games can be extremely scary, especially the SCP Containment Breach games.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDiscovery71 September 30, 2011

Roblox was ONCE a Great Game, But has recently fallen apart

Take it from me, a Roblox veteran (4 years on the game), this was once a great game environment for children. You could meet your friends, and socialize, make new friends, and create places for others to marvel at. Notice the key word 'was'. Since 2010, the virtual world of Roblox has become infested with kids who swear every time they fall over. There are now only 3 types of games: pointless, easy obstacle courses, Violent shooters that get worse every day, and places to hang around at where the only 3 phrases you are GUARENTEED to hear are "say 123 for bf/gf", "shut up/ I hate you/go away loser (commonly spell looser)", and/or some sort of Role playing (people create families which also tie into BF's and GF"s). I believe that this is a safety issue which has not been dealt with. Violence i now common on Roblox. When I first joined, shooting games were rare. Games that had weapons were usually designed for older kids. Now that people can create advertisements for their games, many kids (around 4-6) are playing remakes of 'Call of Duty' where the objective to to shoot the other player until his limbs are battered to a pulp. Finally, maney ppz talc liek they doent noe how to spel. If you did not understand that, it said many people talk like they don't know how to spell. It has become rare to find a single word that has been spelt right, creating a concern for later child development. There are SOME "stress on the some" pros to Roblox however. The game itself is very physics bases, with all properties of real life included. Other than that, I do not recommend Roblox for your child.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBadrocks March 8, 2014

Repulsive and vile game promotes cyber bullying

I think this is the worst game. It's good real good. At promoting cyber bullying. This game is all about self image. If you don't have the latest clothes and hair. You'll get bullied. The bullying has gone from naming calling to asking the other player to kill themselves. My son was tricked into telling some jerks he had aspergers. They told him to kill himself. He got banned permenetelly. In his next account he met some kids who said they hated family guy and that it was a stupid show just because he said he liked it. New people to the game are labeled noobs and made fun of for it. There is online dating. Also the reporting system does not favor the victim instead it ignores reports and bans people for reporting. Now let's talk about the game they trick you into spending money with builders club. Not to mention how laggy it is. It's not fun to play at all.
Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2012

I <3 roblox

Roblox is a super fun game,i play it i am tdci.If you get hacked it takes a genues (like me) to get your account back.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

ROBLOX IS SCARY

It is good... but the games are scary. Theres a game called "The Cursed House" and when you go into this one part of the hallway a zombie face pops up on your screen and makes a disturbing noise. now the weird part was that you couldnt get past it, and right after it popped up it would kick you out of the game. Ive also seen an ad with the exorcist lady on it. it covered the whole thing. and the haunted houses are freaky. I was exploring a haunted house and there was a window that lead into the bedroom and it showed a robloxian with a decal of the exorcist face on its head staring at you. And Koomikes F.E.A.R.s gave me nightmares. theres also a game created by WillieTehWierdo200 called ghost hunters. it is freaky cause if ur in the bathroom and you stare at the mirror a zombie face comes up and makes a noise that gives me the chillies at night. and the front bell rings and a ghost walks by and scares alot of users. theres also the theater screen, (makes a cough noise and a zombie comes up and its frightening) and in the attic thers a room with a chair, and a picture of mona lisa. if u sit in the chair and stare at it lightning flashes and mona lisas face is a scary alien thing. Now, if you can avoid these games, you will like roblox ;D
Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2010

I like this game a lot. But considering of new scripting (It makes weapons, effects, etc.) there are some games in the horror genre that can have the scary maze face. It scared me, a lot. And some people talk about sexual stuff. And people will cuss, because there is no filter. Anything you can think of, is in the game. People can put cigars in their game, and that isn't very good. So I recommend 14+. Oh, and one more thing, there are dismemberments and people can add blood. And another, there is one good thing about this, this really helps creativity. People can also share personal information.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStere0123 December 4, 2009

BEST WEBSITE EVER.

EPIC! ITS THE BEST GAMING WEBSITE EVER!
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2009

Designed for kids, but is all user-generated content appropriate?

I love and play roblox, but I have run into several things that are innapropriate. They allow you to say "what the h*ll" and "p*ss" and "h*t" uncensored, I'm pretty sure. I've run into some strong/crude/indecent se*ual dialouge/language and images. I've ran into a p*rn image once. That kind of stuff is NOT allowed, but it's there, until someone reports it and/or a moderater/administrator finds it. I rate Roblox iffy for ages 13+ because of the user generated content. The game itself is appropriate for ages 10+, though.