All member reviews for Scallyroo

Social site lets kids track goals -- and request rewards.

Adult Written byRiley45 May 19, 2011

Breath of fresh air...

What a breath of fresh air. So many websites are vying for my kids attention but this is the one I endorse because it is safe and is grounded in positive values for my two daughters (ages 10 and 12, respectively). The site allows my to monitor their account as they are under the age of 13 and cant sign up w/o my consent. Great idea. Great site.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2010

Great Website for kids ages 9+

i have been on scallyroo for about a year. i never seen anything bad on the site.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymyagrrl May 12, 2010

Best site for Teens

LOVE this Site. My favorite place to visit on the web. I get an hour of computer time a day and Scallyroo.com is where I go. The new feature called Scallyroo Gmes is totally cool!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysage10113 February 11, 2010

Great Site. Highly recommend for Teens

Great Site. It is so fun. My friends and I are all on Scallyroo. It is much more teen-friendly then the other social networks I have seen.
Adult Written bymy2kids February 10, 2010

Perfect for Teens and Tweens

I have two kids (ages 12 and 14) and both use this site religiously and I actually encourage it. Scallyroo actually allows parents to join in on the action and connect with their kids on the site. It is really neat. Being a parent of two 'coming of age' teens you would think this might be a detractor, but it's just the opposite. I highly recommend parents with young teens to check out Scallyroo.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfirewire February 9, 2010

My #1 site right now

Love it. So many cool tools to use. It's exclusively for young people (unlike facebook) which I like, and has really good privacy controls.
Adult Written byScienceLady December 24, 2009

Great site for Teachers and Parents

Fantastic site. I highly recommend. I am a teacher in the Warner School District and our district is beginning to utilize Scallyroo to better communicate with our students. The parent body is also becoming more involved in their child's academic studies using the Parent Dashboard.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byMediaMommy December 9, 2009

Two Thumbs Up from a Media Mom

What a great concept. I review sites like Scallyroo.com and come across numerous websites that try to be the next "big thing" for teens and tweens. Scallyroo hits on all primary tenets important to a parent like me. It is safe for kids, fun for parents, and gives a direct line of communication between both mediums. My two boys love the site and I highly recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywk12 December 9, 2009

Love It

Love it. Great tools for school. Great for shopping too!
Adult Written bychildadvocate November 13, 2009

Perfect Social Media Site For Kids

Scallyroo.com is a great resource for getting your child involved in online networking. The site is geared for Teens and Tweens and allows parents to monitor their actions on the site, while also providing parents the tools to better communicate with them. Many schools and institutions are beginning to adopt the Scallyroo platform as learning tool, both inside and outside of the classroom. As a parent, I find this is a great parenting tool, because it gives parents the control over their child's site experience. Scallyroo is the most transcendent website for kids and it I spend much of my professional life in this space as an author, columnist and child advocate. There isn't another site like it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfmf2000 November 13, 2009

Love the Calendar and the Ability to Get Rewards

Been on scallyroo.com for almost a year. My friends and I love the features. Setting goals and getting rewards is probably my favorite thing to do on the site. I also use the calendar a lot for coordinating school work with classmates. This is one site my parents encourage me to use (lol)!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byjmarin33 November 13, 2009

I'm Obsessed With Scallyroo

Use the site every day. Very fun. Love the ability to shop with friends.
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2009

Scallyroo is AWESOME

My FAVORITE site. My brothers and I all use it. It's a lot of fun and they have really cool products.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byknowledgebowl November 4, 2009

Perfect for Tweens Teens AND Parents

I am a father of three boys and work as a security, privacy and cyberspace lawyer and child advocate. Scallyroo is the only site that I found that truly takes child privacy laws seriously. Parents can monitor their child's actions remotely which is definitely the future of Internet industry as it relates to children under the age of 13. I highly recommend this site for responsible parents.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymetsfan16 November 4, 2009

Truly A Great Concept

I highly recommend Scallyroo because it is easy for parents, and fun for kids. It makes goal-setting fun for the whole family. Plus there are other features that parents will like as far as safety is concerned. I have two kids ages 8 and 11 and they are on this site several times a week.
Adult Written byflutedpole September 17, 2009

Breath of Fresh Air for Kids and Parents

This site is a real breath of fresh air. Its a great tool for kids to learn the positives of social networking and gives the parent the ultimate control over what their kids are up to on the site. As a parent you have the control over their friends and can take advantage of many cool features like sharing calendar events and goal setting. My three kids love the site and I give it two big thumbs up.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bynewsguru1 August 14, 2009

Great tool for Parents and Teachers

My daughter (9yrs old) loves Scallyroo... And so do I. It serves as a great communication tool between a child and a parent. I am an educator by trade and have been using this application in the classroom to motivate my students (setting class goals and motivating my students with rewards). The kids love it and the parents do too as they can check their progress. I give this site an A++++++
Teen, 14 years old Written bypaws121 August 14, 2009

I use this site daily

Such a cool site, especially the calendar. My friends and I use it to coordinate our plans. The wish list is pretty neat too. No other site for like it for people my age (14)
Teen, 14 years old Written bycrb9396 July 15, 2009

Best Social Site

Awesome site! I just joined and this is my favorite website. It's much safer than facebook and is strictly for people my age. I mostly use it for the cool calendar and for creating wish lists to send to my folks. Definitely useful.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysportsfan121 June 24, 2009

Really cool site. I love ability to set goals and track them on the calnendar. Plus, its great to use to coordinate plans with friends.