All member reviews for SecretBuilders

Vast virtual world appeals to wide age range.

Learning(i)

Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2011

bravo great game

This is great. But sometimes on the game there is alot of sexual talk. This is as far as some people go: Seax party at my place! or there is some swearing but they substitute the words with new ones, for example: seax bioch puck etc. There is also alot of talk about scamming and hacking and scamming and hacking.I have had a dizzy scammed out of me before. I met a girl in urbanopolis she said she just wanted to try my dizzy on and that she will give it back. She begged and begged until I finally said yes. Well you can kinda guess what happened after that. So remember. if you are playing this game. dont let the sexual talk swearing get to you.If someone asks u to go out with them... say no. Dont go to those spin the bottle or "seax partys". Dont do anything that semms suspicias I mean that in scamming or hacking especially scamming.and if someone asks u for your password and say they wont hack...never give it away cause I can garuntee u WILL get hacked. Remember. SB is trying there best to make this a safe environment for everyone so please dont blame this on SB. Anyway on SB I am currently a superbuilder on SB. My screen name is godrocks7... come visit me.
Kid, 10 years old October 21, 2011

Ok!

It's an ok game I like the clothing,but the language is a downer. I say don't let your child out of the tree house because there are very bad words. Safe play:stay in the tree house, Write stories,play games, dress up, only! hang with friends you know
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2011

Too much sexual activity in inappropiate behavior!

I played this website alot. I am kgirl_builders. I got too old for it so i gave my account to my sister. People use fake cursing words and crazy things. Like "bllch" or "cx" , or drinkz vodka! Yes they say vodka! They hit and slap each other by simply saying slapz and hitz. They can simply say their age. This is horrible behavior for little kids!
Parent Written byeicats January 1, 2013

LEARNING

Childs safety regarding inappropriate acts/ comments questioned!

My daughter loves it, she is 10. I have to monitor her activity on secret builders because of others! Kids are able to get around the safe chat and create codes and tricks to kiss and pretend sexual acts with others. My daughters avatar was approached and asked about sex. I am trying to figure out if I can prevent this somehow so she can safely play. It can be addictive as well!
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2011

fun... but some of the chat is inappropriate

I like the site. But even though it is fun, many phrases people use are not appropriate which upsets me a lot for the rest of the site is very enjoyable.
Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2013

One of the best games I've seen!

Age range: 5 year olds to 17 year olds. This site is amazing! People don't even realize it's educational when it actually is. The quests are somewhat challenging and range from little kids to old teenagers. For kids: games, stories such as Alice in Wonderland, etc. For teenagers: Stories by Edgar Allen Poe such as The Raven and The Tell Tale Heart, challenging quests, etc. It's also very safe, and if another player is causing problems, you can ignore them.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2013

I dunno

Parent Written byNerdyChique82 July 29, 2012

PARENTS BEWARE….

My daughter is 11 years old and became addicted to this site. Then, boys started coming up to her ALL the time asking her sexual questions and being EXTREMELY graphic and inappropriate. It was disgusting. You have the ability to block users, but there are so many gross boys on there that they can just keep making different avatars. I can't even let her use the site anymore. They don't regulate any of this…they say they do, but guess what…IT STILL HAPPENS and MORE OFTEN than other sites. It really was bad…..
Parent Written byayiticherie January 20, 2013

DRUG DEALERS ON THIS SITE

I was lulled into thinking that this was a safe place for kids when I saw the Parent magazine endorsement on the bottom of their website. Boy did I have another thing coming. I signed up specifically with commonsense to WARN OTHERS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE. There is one part of the website where they can decorate their own rooms and that seems innocent enough but if you flick on the map button on the top it will take you to several chat room filled with "kids" who are having conversations. As I type this there is someone in the North Pole chat room asking others if they want to buy any "trees" (Marijuana) another offering "ice" (Crystal Meth), someone else saying that they have free girls in their room and they want to party and another saying they want to kill themselves. Appalling. STAY AWAY.
Kid, 8 years old August 29, 2012

Who in the world likes this?!

Its so stupid stupid stupid stupid why do peeps lime this!?
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012

Awful

Well, people curse all the time or make up words that sound like curse words. Very inappropiate.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_Kristian_1030 July 9, 2014

LEARNING

Eh....Probably Not the Best Choice....For Some!

Secretbuilders has some pros and cons. Secretbuilders teaches youth how to manage their money wisely. Yes, I WANT that TV but I also NEED some clothes. Secretbuilders also has some educational games you can play to interact with others at the SB school. Lastly, sitting in front of a computer, you can't actually see the person so there is no judging going on. It teaches your child to only judge someone by their character not what they look like. Okay, now here comes the bad part. When I first joined SB, this boy walked up to me and said, "You free?" He was basically asking me out. People also have spin the bottle parties, meet you match parties and cx "sex" parties. I would not suggest anyone under the age of 14 using SB.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2014

Boring Game

I found this game very boring and the layout was very confusing. I didn't really know where to click. :/ My friend, who's the same age as me loves this game. It's not really anything to do with building. I got a warning for saying a word that wasn't even rude. I haven't been on the website since and you can't delete your account once you've made it. :/
Teen, 16 years old Written byWinchestar February 26, 2014

Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2014

Secret Builders is a pause! NOT for kids under 10!

when i first got on secret builders i thought it was a great sight. i have been a builder for 443 days now. i first learned about it at school so i thought it was going to be a kid friendly sight. i like it because it allows you to dress up and designe clothes but as you get pritier, boys start asking you out and want to come to your home to do inapropriate things. the north pole is a populat hangout where most of the ''pause'' comes on. a lot of kids change a letter in a bad word to be allowed to say it to other builders. i have only reported one person for directly calling me a '' b word'' but have never thought about reporting again. if you go on some of the lower populations you have a better chance of having less problems on the site. i still play secret builders but that is only because i know to be nice, speak nice, and act nice to others. for a childs safety i think the parent should make an account just to be able to monotor what is going on
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Didn't like it

I used this site once. Very disappointing. The "Builders" (Avatars) were using like-curse words, so they wouldn't get banned. When you get banned, it is for one day. If you keep getting banned, then two days, and eventually forever. They can just make a new account and do the same. Also, "Spin The Bottle" is a common game, and I wouldn't recommend kids using it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byslyfox432 September 24, 2013

Dizzywood is better

It's great for learning. You can hatch your own pet ( some are for Superbuilders which are members ) and raise it. However I believe that Dizzywood ( closed ) was a better site.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2013

Secret Builders??? What's Happend?!

I've been on Secret Builders since i was like 9 or 10 and also I don't know what's happend because everything was fine until teens and up came on there.It's like there trying to teach kids that the bad stuff is,like,good. I mean there is spin the bottle which there saying "kzzz" for kiss. And sex parties and there saying "sex" for "cx".And there scaming like one time this girl has been begging to have this dress and I've saved up for and promised she give it back well, you can guess what happened.Anyway, it was all good until the teens and olders came on there.It is sooooo NOT good for kids.I don't know what the adults are saying but I know your going to agree that they should start listening to the kids! So, please read this and make the decision. ;) *wink wink*.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysecretbuilder_spy May 11, 2013

Secret builder spy

I play this game alot and if you would like to know what goses on and what happend i maid a tumblr account so you can check up regulerly or follow to give info on what the kids are doing tumblr - secretbuilder-spy i hope this will help :) ps - it wont let me post a link
Kid, 8 years old February 16, 2013

I think its Fair

I think its fair , Alot of things you can do you can sleep (NOT IN THE SAME BED AS ANYBODY) Also if anybody says do you want to have .... You know they will be banned and the word will not be showed :) Awesome quests that teach kids