Engaging virtual world for teens and adults.

Parent Written byconcernedmomoftwo June 26, 2014

Disgusted!

Smallworlds.com is a virtual game based around 13 years of age and older, complete with cyber bullying, virtual sex, swearing and violence. Moderation are not official employees of Outsmart and are handpicked average players. Moderation abuses players IP addresses in order to spy on playing accounts, chat conversations and transactions for their own amusement. Smallworlds.com is unsafe and unsecure. Since the cyber bullying, virtual sex, swearing and violence has got so severe, they now place an official Outsmart Staff member in a known popular space called Town Center. I have witnessed this particular Staff member belittle their very own paying customers and players who are most likely teenagers. Below are screenshots. I do not, nor will I ever, recommend this game to any parent let alone any human being. Just say NO to Smallworlds.com! Screen 1: http://i57.tinypic.com/2jbjgiu.png Screen 2: http://i59.tinypic.com/517qme.png
Parent of a 12 year old Written byStexan March 18, 2009

SmallWorlds NOT for Kids

Who are we kidding? If you want a safe web site for your child to play games on, go to Disney. Smallworlds is not a safe website for children of any age. I've been on the website with more than one avatar and if I am not being bombarded by some 14 year old asking if I want to be their girlfriend of boyfriend (depending on what avatar I'm playing) someone else walks in the room with an Avatar whose name is Sexy Panther. SmallWorlds moderators are usually 14 year olds in my experience and are not all that helpful. Their response to being harassed by anyone is to block them and or lock your room. There are many adults on SmallWorlds, most of the people I've run across are between the ages of 17-45. I won't allow my 12 year old play this game and I wouldn't allow him to play it if he was 15 years old unless I was sitting right next to him. Some rooms might not allow the use of swear words or any other type of inappropriate language but there is NO sensorship of email whatsoever. I've repeatedly asked Smallworlds to make a over 18 portion and an under 18 portion but I am sure they won't. I've even come across men posing as teens trying to pick up young girls, reported them and seen them banned for a day or two, but nothing prevents them from creating another Avatar or 10. This site scares me in regards to SmallWorlds attitude about harassment especially when it comes to sexual harassment. There is no way to prove or disprove your age on SmallWorlds and until they come out with a way to enfore AGE proof and be able to recognize it on the avatar itself, my child won't play. For the person who wrote the clothes are sexless, I've seen avatars that look like whores or worse with mid-driff tops and mini-skirts and more make up than a clown. I've seen avatars that look better than people, who cares if they aren't anatomical...ask anyone on there and they'll tell you that there are some sexy avatars on SmallWorlds. This place IS NOT suitable for CHILDREN or UNSUPERVISED.
Parent Written byRandom Guest August 15, 2015

CrapWorlds

SmallWorlds is a virtual game for ages 13+. There is no age verification so basically anyone can play. If you're a parent, this game is unsuitable for kids under 18. As an adult player, I have never met any genuine adults out of 4,500 online players. And let's face it, 4,500 daily players sucks for a worldwide game. The game includes foul language, harrassment, bullying, cyber sex, pedophiles, a Moderation who steals from players and has access to players accounts just for snooping purposes, and bugs and glitches galore in which Outsmart (SWHQ) is too lazy to fix. The kids act like, well, kids. The adults are wishful thinkers who pretend like they're back in high school with their gossip and bullying. I'm an adult, and wasted 7 years on this crap. I quit cold turkey 2 weeks ago and experienced gaming withdrawal. It's my fault for being sucked into this pile of trash. If you want a real escape from the stress of everyday life, get off your butt and get outside and go for walk or spend the weekend at a wilderness retreat. Do something! Don't waste your life on virtual games, let alone THIS game. By the way, anytime Outsmart releases a new product on SmallWorlds, the product is misleading and faulty. Sometimes they don't even bother to fix it. It's the same as buying something at the store, bringing it home and it doesn't work. Only in the REAL world, we can return it and get it fixed, replaced or refunded. SmallWorlds does neither. So if you purchase any of their products and it doesn't work? You're screwed. Their Testing Team is worthless. Just like their game.
Adult Written bySmallworlds007 August 10, 2013

Most Corrupt Game EVER

Smallworlds had a broken space search function for almost a year preventing all but one player to have spaces for sale appear. They have been allowed by staff of the game to take over virtually all sales of used spaces, and the owners refuse to take action despite a year long attempt by one player in the forums to make staff and players aware of this. It's plainly obvious to all players that staff doesn't care and refuse to take any action to mitigate the issue. Despite repeated posts in the How Are We Doing and Voice Your Opinion forums, staff remain silent. Don't waste your money on this game as your kids will just end up losing it all because of owners and staff that just don't care.
Parent Written byPippen July 6, 2015

Sexual Predators Galore

I have played this game for 5 years now, off and on. At times I am disgusted and have to take long breaks from this game. There is constant profanity and many adult players mixed with teen players. My avatar is continuously propositioned by older male men asking my age and if Im "naughty". Smallworlds has had to actually BAN using words such as "nude" and "cam" because of the influx in sexual predators preying on younger players. Not to mention the intense bullying! Stay away from the avatar named "Why Bother the 6th" this charachter is a little of both. Filth, corruption, and absolutely no moderation. Dont waste your time.
Parent Written bychappy_1269 June 12, 2012

MAJOR SECURITY FLAWS / NO WAY TO CANCEL ACCOUNT

If your child leaves their smallworld account logged in somewhere (school, library, friend's house) someone can change the password and associated email address without knowing the original password. That person can then pretend to be your child and get personal infromation from his/her friends. If you are unfortunate enough to have entered your credit/debit card information into the system they can buy whatever crap they want. Not sure if they can get your credit card info for purchases outside the site, but it is bad enough for me to opt out. By opt out, I mean change the password and take control of the account, because I can't find an easy way to cancel.
Parent Written byBentfish May 21, 2014

Worthless Company

Do not let your children play here. People (adults and children) talk about sex and other raunchy stuff everywhere in this game. You are supposed to be 13 to play, but I've seen 8 year old getting hit on by sexual predators. Moderation in this game is none existent. People can swear and talk nasty all they want and there is little to no discipline acted. Also, this company steals money from its players. Stay away.
Adult Written byavatar159 March 8, 2010

more for 20-100 than for kids

Far more involved that it appears, more violent content that it should have, more sexual exploits than one would expect, lots of ninny-gossips, lots of name-saying, lots of "who can we dog if they ain't VIP" etc. etc.
Parent Written byfarmmum February 8, 2012

No suitable for young teens...

Dont bother with Smallworlds. My daughter played avidly and i helped her by doing the 'factory' surveys to save up gold tokens to become a VIP member (i wouldn't let her spend her hard earned real money). What a waste of time! No sooner had she secured some gold tokens, then a avatar she didn't know approached her and asked to be her friend, and her account was HACKED! all gold stolen, clothes stolen... VERY upset. We even found out the name of the person and approached them on Smallworlds, but they denied it. We reported them but as they are a VIP member Smallworlds didn't block. I asked my daughter to delete her account as we were worried her email address would be made public. She will not play Smallworlds now. Don't bother to put your kids through the pain unless they are really really savvy...play moshi monsters or bin weavils instead!
Parent Written byTbladeKing September 12, 2011

My Smallworlds Review :)

I Think Smallworlds is great! In matter of fact one thing you gotta becareful of is [HACKERS] these individuals can do a lot of things like; Hack into there account,find information,etc all those sorts of thing's thats all that matters and being scammed is worst smallworlds is a safety environmental because there's no need to worry it matter if the Child Or Teen Either and Adult is mature enough to take immaturity from other Teens or other's who can't control there selves. The one thing I judge about parents about is called blocking avatars on smallworlds which they always forget to do it's always to keep it that way if they have a bad name or such kind of potential just ignore them parents should teach there kids how to do that, because parents should not just get mad. Well thats all i have for today thanks for reading this folks :).
Adult Written byReikaGreen July 25, 2011

To address parental concerns

I am an avid user of this game. Honestly, I think it's just fine for most teens to use. I do not agree with parents that say this site is not safe for any teen to use. If that is the case then they should be banning their child from all internet and cell phone privliges! The internet and most other technology has made things that you would normally want to keep from children readily available. I have been playing this game for a little over 1 year now and I think it's great! They have wonderful missions that teach users how to avoid scammers and teach how to report someone that is harrassing them. If the child/teen decides not to use these methods of protection then that is their choice. There are also many missions with positive, educational, and even moral issues addressed. So aside from the ocasional bad apple (in my experience, for anyone who is being lude or harrasing, usually there are many regular members who will come to help a person in need of help to get a moderator or help them block that user. Most people in the game are pleasant and want to keep the game that way.) the game is a wonderful outlet for children ages 13 and older. I think it is a great way to help children deal with real world situations as you are dealing with people from around the world. So as long as you take measures to protect yourself (as you would need to do on ANY social website) this can be a great game for anyone!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bystargirl13 May 1, 2011

good for 12 years and up

my daughter plays it. it seems very edcucational but on the other hand there sre some bad words that people say that i have seen. so i suggest for people 12 and up. its a fun game but it can also influence the kids and can put out some personal information
Parent Written bymotherofall July 20, 2013

the nightmare game for all parents

The game itself while I was on it with many different alts consists of kids having sx online in their private rooms , talking sexually graphic speech in public places by both adult and child . there are also some adults on the game who are ok but some are pedos . one man sent me a nude pic of himself via mail, another asked to have sx without knowing my age . the harrassment that happens on this game is over the top. the game itself seems to support trolling,scamming, harrassment, and sexual misdemeanors by both adults and youths. there is alot of sxtxting from this game going on . that is just apart of it however there is also payment issues with credit cards , debit cards ad other payment methods that I deem as unsafe and unfit to use. I also wonder about the safety or honesty of the staff since most seem to be moderators that are kids. I know many have reported money missing from their credit cards that they never asked for (unexplained purchases made to the card but not by the user) Items missing from accounts that the information was never given out on . When I think of smallworlds I think the service is poor and inefficient run by alot moderators kids whose maturity and honesty is questionable. I think is unsafe for kids for the following reason : inappropriate sexual content & action taking on this issue by staff harrssment & trolling to the extreme and again no action taking on this issue by staff alot of money issues in regards to credit cards debit cards - not safe for a parent or child to use . exposed to pedos , to unsafe sxual advances and talks ,unsafe for harrassment purpose , exposure to drugs n more. the fine line and over all message is that this game is unsafe on so many levels and that the staff is not capable or either that not doing their jobs enough to provide a better safer user friendly enviroment .
Parent Written byMumGamer September 24, 2012

Not suitable for children.

I am actually an adult player of this game myself and have played in virtual worlds for many years. My own 11 year old daughter previously played a game similar to this which claimed to be suitable for 8 year olds and I stopped her from playing it due to her getting messages from boys containing sexual content. Small worlds has an age restriction of 13 and my daughter hasn't played it but I have myself for several months. There are a lot of things that I enjoy about the game and there is a lot to do such as climbing the levels and you can also grow plants, craft objects and that side of the game is fine and thats what I focus on. I rarely use the social side of the game as most of the other players seem to be very young and mostly all they seem to want to talk about is being your boyfriend/girlfriend, asking for money, trying to gain access to your account, using bad language which they simply alter the spelling of to get around the swear word block so constantly seeing 'niga', 'bych' 'hoe' etc. While wandering around the game I've been approached and asked if I wanted to have sex with boys, take part in lesbian threesomes and other crudely worded sexual activity like 'let me suck your titties' etc. None of this is uncommon at all. As an adult I can ignore all this and get on with the quieter side of the game as many of the adults on there do. I dread to think how many dubious adults are on there having roleplay sex with 12 year old girls though.. I wouldn't let a young teenager anywhere near it personally.
Parent Written byantismalls February 10, 2016

The Game Where Kids Don't Belong

Adult women pretending to be hookers. Screenshots below. http://s12.postimg.org/ulnktz8rh/capture_20160210_175749.png http://s14.postimg.org/j2o0ccu29/capture_20160210_180040.png http://s28.postimg.org/wupa2b4sd/capture_20160210_180124.png This game is unsuitable for kids under 18. Needs to be a more solid age verification rather than entering a random year for your birthday. Concerns about fraud as well. Many times they have taken credit card payment and not followed through with the order or that the item in the order is/was faulty and never bothered to fix it.
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byIndigoDreamer November 29, 2014

Bad Influence

I don't know how much time the reviewer actually spent on this site but as someone who has been on and off for quite a while now I have to say nothing about this game is good for children. It is full of incredibly nasty bullies, sex, dreadful language and a staff base who doesn't deem it necessary to do a damn thing about any of it. Over time it has just gotten worse. This site disgusts me. I have seen many avatars asking others to perform virtual sexual acts of various kinds, the general behavior is so despicable it makes me wonder if these kids even have any parents to guide them into becoming decent human beings and it's community is full of hate, greed and elitism. This game is NOT a game you want your teen on, believe me.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2010

It's not that inappropriate....

You know what? If you're actually smart, you can lie to people! LIE to pedos! I live in New York City and I ALWAYS tell people my name is Erikka Monez, I'm from San Diego, California and I'm 19 yrs old. I even made a fake myspace for god sakes! If there are people harassing or using sexual behavior or something else inappropriate, there is and option to report them to the SmallWorlds Moderators and they will get banned for an amount of time due to the severity of the situation. If you can handle some swearing, and the whole boyfriend girlfriend thing, you can play SmallWorlds.
Educator and Parent Written bySnapeeightyeight October 21, 2012

smallworlds is puposterouous

this website is adicting and makes children exessively spend $$$. It is a compleate waste of time for anyone to be on.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bylisajo71 May 18, 2014

grooming

My daughter has been using smallworlds for about 6 months, tonight while monitoring her internet use, I stubbled across across emails in her account from another member that she foolishly gave her email address too, I am mortified, the only thing I can say is my daughter has spent the last month and half being groomed. The filth I have just had to sit and read is unbelievable, please don't let your children use this game
Teen, 13 years old Written byLOVELOVESMILE November 1, 2013

This site is very bad

I was on Smallworlds and at first it was fun. They bullied me because of my skin color and called me noob. Everytime I would go on there they would say I deserved to die,blackhead, or said your so black. I reported so many people and they still didn't get introuble. Some of them dress really inappropriate with there bellies out and really short shorts and skirts. They would listen to music about private parts and foul language. They go around saying twerk team. Most of them are adults or pedohpiles. There are alot of kids dating on there. I remember talking to this one girl I said you don't even know him. She said I don't care hes cute and I date whoever I want. Most of the peoples mottos say "Single <3". Trust me most of you dont even know that your kids probably are playing this game. I wouldn't go back on this site if they give me a million dollars.