All member reviews for SMITHTeens

Site challenges teens to summarize their lives in six words.

Learning(i)

Teen, 15 years old Written bySmithtenner January 13, 2010

Smithteener

Honestly, I think this site is amazing. I have my own user account. I think it should be used for only teens who know the limit on what content to put, like no full names or stuff like that. But it helps me express my feeling and I get other inputs and other teens relate with me. I think its awesome! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byYellow Carnation August 4, 2012

SMITHteens :D

Well, obviously, it's a site for teens. Join any younger and you would undoubtedly feel immensely out of place. The site got a "facelift" as we, the users, like to call it, in February, and navigation and more has been improved. The whole community is very supportive and loving of each other, and we give great advice, if I do say so myself ;) Even though we've never met, a lot of us feel very strong bonds with each other. I've made very good friends on this website and they've really helped me during tough times in my life. Some people are gunna complain about the profanity in the site... but this is a site solely for teens. We swear. Of course, if you look closer, we very usually only swear when we're frustrated or upset, and very often, another user immediately comments on their post asking what's wrong. It's also rather safe, even if the site may not allude to the fact. I remember once, there was a post, and some of us were distributing our phone numbers to each other so we can call or text each other easily. The moderators stepped in and took the post down, explaining that they're still watching out for our personal safety- even if none of us mean any harm, shady visitors may. So yeah, that's that. I've enjoyed my time there :)
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written bybeautifuly me April 26, 2010

Wonderful for any teen.

I am currently a member of the smithteens community. and I love it. I've developed friends there and I feel true compassion for the other members on there. It may sound easy but try and some up your greatest triumph into six words, and it's quite difficult. I love this sight and i would recomend it to anyone.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2009

teens only

it seems kinda bad with all the cussing but other than that...
Parent of a 12 year old Written bygadgetman49 July 20, 2009

May be good for older teens.. no observed security

We're not sure whether to continue letting our daughter use this site (she will be 13 next month). It is a way for some parents to find out issues in their kid's lives, since they often use it for communicating like a social network. However, I don't find any age limitation for Registration, and I see no way to secure the child's threads so that only friends and family can see and respond to postings. A friend of hers was contacted yesterday by an unknown person, who the friend described as "creepy" and displayed the opportunity for inappropriate communications to exist. Not sure, at this point..............