All member reviews for SoundCloud

Fun audio-sharing site; some iffy content, watch privacy.

Learning(i)

Parent Written byroyhuddle October 8, 2013

Profanity on Soundcloud

Regarding profanity, there is lots of it even in songs that don't have it, because people post comments on different parts of the song. Don't know if there is a way to turn off those comments yet. The fact that Soundcloud itself uses profanity in their Rules page shows that, whatever their rules about profanity, it wouldn't be my rule. I have chosen 17 because I wouldn't want to subject myself to the language in the posts.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycinnagurl February 16, 2014

LEARNING

Soundcloud

I love this site and I am on it all the time. I go on my favorite DJs soundcloud and they sometimes give out free songs. Also I can listen to music and make playlists and like different "sounds". It does swear but come on. We can handle it. I have no problem with swearing whatsoever. I just think people need to let the swearing thing go. It's out there and you cant protect your kids from it 100%. it is a part of everyday language now. i think we have to admit that. anyway great site for keeping up with your favorite DJs :D
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2013

I am a 13 year old dubstep artist and even though my old songs were bad, people were still supportive

I don't really have any specific age for a kid to be on it, but I am a Dubstep artist, and I'm turning 13 next month. I started in the summer and everyone that has viewed my music have been very nice, and I honestly think you should let them depending on their knowledge of the internet and how to be safe on it. Every once and a while there might be something you might not want your kid(s) to hear and if you don't think they're ready yet... you don't have to let them be on it. My advice would just be a warning if you hear something once, and if you hear them listening to something else bad, you take it away for a while. Now, if they've listened to it a lot (ex. 5 or more times) just stop the membership. This is just my honest opinion, and that's about it. Thank you for your time, and I hope this review helped! X)