All member reviews for Sploder

Game design site promotes creation and sharing.

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byStargon February 2, 2013

A Great Site with Value!

Sploder has transformed me not just in potential but in maturity. The site gives you many options. I grew up with this through middle school. I joined when I was 11 or 12 and now I am 14. It has given me a home. There are many updates and things to hope for, and each creator has its own special thing that I have come to appreciate. The moderation system is ok. The site's owner has a full team of moderators who I can count myself amongst the ranks of. The commenting may not be well moderated because we as a team of about 50 people cannot get every single comment and game and delete it or report it to the site's owner. The only way to have total moderation of games and comments would that a bot would have to sort through everything or have very strict limits. That would constrict us kids from expressing our opinions. Unfortunately there will always be conflict and that is impossible to completely topple. Now you may think "MODERATORS AS KIDS?" Yes, we may not be as intelligent or efficient as bots or "adults" however the role teaches us how to handle vast responsibilities, so do the other two jobs available. Onto the actual learning content, each creator may not offer direct learning like science, but it does offer math. Not traditional math, but more like deductive reasoning. It also teaches people that every action has a reaction. In order to make a successful game you have to use logic to determine whether your trap or puzzle will work. Looking at the ppg creator, which is by far the most advanced, it is the most experimental of the bunch. Cause and effect is the biggest aspect in making a ppg game. While it may not be the most kid friendly because it is complex, once you get a hold of it after some persistence, you can go far. Each game creator also teaches perseverance, a skill that can take any person far in life. Obviously the site isn't made just to teach you math and other academic values, but it does it anyway. The biggest thing this site has going for it is its creativity factor. When you open the creator you are left with a blank canvas and you have to, shall I say, paint a masterpiece. Starting from nothing and building a full scale adventure does not happen overnight, but with persistence and intelligence it can happen quickly. As the site and creators expand, more options become available and things become better and more fun to play. When creating a game your ultimate goal is to make it fun, no? Using all of the skills to make a game and your own "set of paint" or style, you can make a fun adventure that reflects your skill as a maker. You can play others games and learn and grow from each trial you play. Negative qualities? Other than the fact that we don't have the most efficient moderation staff in the world due to the size of the site, there isn't anything noticeable. You can join the community, meet new people, and just enjoy what the site has to offer. Obviously privacy is an issue on sploder, but privacy is an issue almost EVERYWHERE you can comment. It is at the user's digression to how much they reveal. The main site offers some privacy options of course, but again, sploder, or the internet for that matter, cannot protect all children at all times. The internet is a vast ocean full of beautiful reefs, such as this site, and toxic dumps, such as some other...not so nice sites. Overall I think this site is worth a visit at least. It has a lot to offer, many great options, and it is just an overall blast to be on. I have enjoyed it and I still do. Of course this is just my opinion, find out for yourself!
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2012

Yaya

This is a cool website. The most popular members make brilliant games, but these are difficult to make. There is a lot of spammers, swearers, hackers and online daters, but to be honest which online games dont have these people.
Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2013

A decent site.

Ah, Sploder. What a brilliant site, and while it does have the simplest creators ever (obviously excluding the Physics creator), so much potential can be unleashed, you won't even believe it. Amazing and enjoyable games can be found easily on the site, and if you are a hardcore or intelligent gamer, you may want to try out some of those extremely hard games. The site also has a forum, which you have contact with many users. Swearing is unavoidable, but thankfully, there's a censor. However, because of it's advantages, the site can be full of annoying kids who simply wreck the experience at times. The forum, while much more mature, can also be unpleasant, due to certain incidents such as spamming, hacking, ect, and the forum moderators can be pretty inactive, as most of them are nearly adults. While you should hesitate about letting your child join this site, it really isn't a bad site. It's not perfect at all, but it also lets your child have opportunities to show responsibility by getting MS badges, which can be received when the child turns worthy enough. Overall, this is a great site, and Geoff, the creator of Sploder, is making the site even better. Think about making your child join soon.
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

Good fun but the site is not fussy about bullies

Sploder is a great website for creating games; it has way less bugs than Game Gonzo. You can make very creative games on it. However though, the site allows bullying. Years ago, when I was on it, I was bullied. People that have a disorder (even if unrevealed) will probably be bullied. Overall, the site would be near-perfect if there was less bullying. Sure, some of us are idiots, but no one deserves to get bullied (unless they were criminals)
Teen, 16 years old Written byherşeys July 9, 2014

iyi

bakarsak
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2014

Pretty good

Sploder is the best game making site I've played so far. It has a good educational value, but there are some bad things that come out of it. First, I'd like to say, some of the game creators use guns and weapons to kill enemies, but no blood and gore is shown, unless you use the graphic tool which is only for platformer and physics puzzle. I have seen people make highly inappropriate graphics, but I always ignore that. Bullying is a rare occasion, but it can happen. People can also post messages and comments on your games and pages and I don't have a problem with that. The last thing I'd like to say is that you should remember that this is a game making site, so use it correctly.Thank you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlaming Gaming J May 7, 2014

Yeah, cooool

The website is more for fun, and once you've grasped how to design, then you can start making good games. After you learn little tricks, like adjusting the textures, your games start getting very good. For kids interested in designing stuff and games, it is very good practice.
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014

Love that website.

I am Spaceface2.
Kid, 9 years old August 19, 2013

Sploder is great!

Sploder has easy to use creators which I think is perfect. With trial and error kids can make some super games! There is a problem with language and violence though. There is blood but it isn't bad. and there is swearing which is unaviodable but there are moderators and foul talk is blocked out. Sploder is fun and teaches kids to be creative!
Parent of a 3, 8, 10, 11, 13, and 16 year old Written byEliza Keaton August 15, 2013

Sploder's not just your average toy, but a useful survival kit for school subjects.

This is very good! It helped my 11 year old son to be recreative with his work, using puzzles and other widgets to make him want to do more. It's just like maths and this is what we want for our son to do. We want our children to go to college, of course and this website does very good handling when it comes to this. I would recommend this for all ages, it doesn't matter where you are. Sign up or not, I don't care. Play it, there's lots to do and lots to toy with. Give it a go, I assure you you will enjoy it! Thanks for reading.
Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2013

My Review

This site is for 9 and up, because I see many 9 year olds, and I see no one 8. Nothing is bad about it except for the language. They use words like crap and hell. Not really bad, but kinda offensive. I give Sploder 4 stars. I love all the game creators, and I have an account on there and it is REALLY cool. The end.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2013

Kid, 9 years old February 17, 2013

Sploder review review

Teen, 15 years old Written byJames Caldwell February 10, 2013

Sploder's A Good Catch

It's a good opportunity for children to start for recreation and to socialize with everyone else. Sharing your opinions and thoughts would improvise the Sploder community. Safety is ensured and they install moderators to make sure the site is up to potential. There hasn't been anything disturbing on the site; if a moderator catches inappropriate language or any other forms of misbehavior, the suspect has either been warned or is now prohibited from commenting and sending awards for a period of time. Even though the games could be violent, it doesn't do any harm. There's no blood involved; and killing someone would just make them disappear; so game making and playing is safe. Recreate, have fun and enjoy. Sploder's a good place for recreation.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCharismatic SwaG February 3, 2013

5 Star Review for a 5 Star Website

If you have a kid who wants to be a game designer, or maybe you want to make a game yourself, Sploder is a GREAT tool to unleash your imagination! Sploder does not involve any type of coding, all it uses is a simple drag-and-drop method or building. There are currently five different types of creators available, all using different mechanics for different types of games. Sploder has a huge staff of moderators to make sure the website remains safe and fun for kids. It also has reviewers, who could possibly review a game YOU make, and editors who feature the best games on the website. With a great staff working to make Sploder the best it can be, it remains a quality and safe gaming service. Tired of making games? Play millions of other games created by users around the world! Rate games you like, friend users you know outside of Sploder, and even vote games into a contest, maybe your game will win! Having trouble? There is a huge Sploder community who will answer any questions you may have, and many different boards to submit bugs, glitches, problems, and even ideas for future updates. If you don't want your child to access the comment and friend system, you can disable it before he/she joins. Sploder couldn't get safer. Sploder couldn't be better, and yet its still in Beta! 5 stars
Teen, 14 years old Written by123Tommy123 February 2, 2013

Hands-on, Creative, Fun Website for People of Many Ages

I started an account on Sploder ever since I was 8, I'm 14 now. It is probably one of the best websites I have come across. It allows me to express creativity in a way I never was able to before. I can make art, make games, and interact with other teenagers of the same age. Even adults should use this website if they just want to be creative and make games. There are some problems such as spammers, swearers, hackers and online daters, but what websites these days don't have those kind of people? To help stop that problem, there swear word sensors and mods that look around the website, looking for the spammers, swearers, ect. trying to make Sploder a kid-friendly environment, and they do a very good job in doing so. I would recommend this website to people 4 and up.