All member reviews for Spotify

Teen, 14 years old Written byTechn0boy96 November 26, 2011

Overall well designed with minor flaws

It's a great application, however requires a Facebook account. The best thing about it is the sharing and social aspect, it allows you to discover new music and share your own personal tastes.
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2014

LEARNING

I love love love Spotify!!!

I have an account on spotify (my mum's Facebook account, I'm not allowed one) and it's amazing! My brother has a couple of playlists on my account which I let him use sometimes and he is seven. My little sister loves dancing to my playlists as well!!! She has her own playlist which is full of songs from her favourite shows - and Happy by Pharrell Williams! - like Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins soundtracks. Unless you type in something you shouldn't, results won't come up for it, even in the Top Charts they take out the ones your child shouldn't listen to. I wouldn't give an off rating for any age because it is my three year old sister with the Disney songs and my one year old second cousin (who I see a lot more than my cousins) loves the songs as well - pop songs, inherited that from my sister as her favourites are Happy, Wrecking Ball (NOT the video!), Scream & Shout and The Monster! My 2C's (second cousin's) favourites are Taylor Swift, he is obsessed with Taylor's songs though he doesn't really understand the meaning of them. Good for any age I just put eight because by that age you would know not to type in things you shouldn't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byelmo1997 April 25, 2012

im thinking that there is a lot of music that parents dont want there kids to listen to. Make sure they see that,
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2014

Spotify

I Think that Most kids 10 and up should be aloud on Spotify it is very rare that anyone is going to hear a swear in a song and even if they don't know swears it's just going to pass over their heads. I have Spotify and I listen to it almost every day. Great free app.
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2014

Know what you're doing.

Spotify is an amazing music service. I love it and I listen to it all the time! Be careful though. Some music is explicit and it doesn't have the symbol that shows it as explicit. All kinds of music goes on there. Okay, so I didn't really agree with the review CommonSense gave it. It doesn't focus on sharing, it focuses on music. You have the option of allowing followers and you can follow others. You can share music or playlists you make with your followers along with a message. You can chat with other users and that can contain language too. They will recommend artists to you and you can follow them. When you follow someone, all of their activity is put in the activity log on the right side. It shows their shared playlists, their messages, and songs they have recently listened to. If you don't want your activity recorded, you can go into settings and turn on the "private session" mode. This will go for as long as you don't have activity on Spotify for a while, or when you restart Spotify. You can connect your account with Facebook and then you will have a profile picture - your Facebook picture. It will also have your friends that are also Spotify users. You can upgrade to Spotify Premium for $10 a month and you can have unlimited skips for songs on the iPhone and Android (You can only have the playlist shuffle on your mobile device and can't choose which song you want. Thats where it becomes like Pandora.) You also have no advertisements. Overall, I think this is a very good music service. I like it better than Pandora and others.
Teen, 14 years old Written byryder3x3 July 25, 2013

Fantastic source of music!

Great site for music. Where I listen to all my music. The only problem are the advertisements and occasional unavailable songs. Explicit music is possible to come along, but a lot of albums have clean versions of songs. Overall great website.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymaria1236 April 7, 2013

listening to it right now!

i really love spotify, its a free download site, where you can listen to any song you want, and create playlists, so tht u can always just play "your songs" instead of the radio ones. to me its better than pandora, but the song limit thing is the downfall. i got introduced to so many artists, and bands tht i didnt even know where out there, you can even listen to genre of music, like i listen to indie genre. which is like underground. i just love music, like i say music is who i am. spotify is just really great!
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 January 25, 2013

Really awesome

Obviously, since you can listen to most music, they're some iffy content, but overall, it's a fun (app?)
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 November 30, 2012

Free radio station, but some things are iffy

Spotify is a really nice radio station. I love how you can listen to millions of songs for free. Although free users have more limited options than paid users, I don't think it'll be hard for free users to have fun on Spotify--you can listen up to 10hr of songs a month, but it doesn't seem too bad of a deal to me. One of the major issues on Spotify (not their fault, though) is that since you can access just about any song, it's easy to find inappropriate ones (I think you can even listen to explicit ones). Of course you have to have a Facebook account, which means you should at least be 13, but they could still listen to songs parents may not like. So you may want to set some rules for you teen on what you do and don't want them to hear.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygirl4natwolff July 8, 2012

Addictive!

Music is my drug, and it's awesome to have all my favorite songs to open and listen to whenever I'm online. I'm listening to a song on Spotify right now!