All member reviews for Stardoll

Kid, 8 years old February 16, 2013

HORRIBLE !!

Fact is , They show your avatar in a bra and underwear and allow to take pics like that and show everybody VERRY BAD DO NOT SIGN UP !!
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2013

I LUV STARDOLL

i think stardoll is appropriate 4 kids under 13, stardoll is a fun website, tween girls would probably be the most interested in Stardoll! i luv stardoll!, however, it can be addictive! ;) and the reason i say stardoll should be 4 9&up, is Stardoll can be a little difficult 4 children under 9, but NOT inappropriate! again i luv stardoll! ;)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysammy02 December 30, 2012

Stardoll: A fun game or a money making business?

Though at first stardoll may seem like an innocent website packed with fun and games, it is filled with far too much advertising that targets children in order to persuade them to upgrade their membership with a paid subscription. On every part of stardoll whilst you play along using all the feature that the website has to offer to its members, a message comes up a lot saying that the action you are trying to carry out cannot be done as you have not upgraded to superstar. Due to this reason children will feel the need to ask their parents to buy them superstar membership in order to unlock all the superstar only features. However once that member upgrades their membership it is not long till they will be bombarded by the websites royalty members only messages on some features. The royalty membership is classed by stardoll as "an exclusive club" where members who have bought a whole years worth of superstar membership will recieve a exclusive invitation from stardoll where they will become the "elite" of stardoll. Literally....if you go on help and ask stardoll what royalty is, stardoll describes royalty members as elites of stardoll, as if superstars and non-superstars mean nothing in comparison. All in all stardoll is a money-making machine, which at each turn tries to convince it's teen and pre-teen members to spend more money on the site.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBUCKBUCK November 30, 2012

Not loving it

I dont like it. In order to have a good time you must buy Stardollars with actual money and the chatting made my uncomfortable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewpoint4kelsie February 11, 2012

SUCKS!

I hate it! For one, the Stardoll Company took away stardollars from regular members that actually don't like spending real money on worthless memberships. Sex is an issue, girls go on there looking for sex and it is plain out disgusting. and Theres predators; BIG TIME! they seem like a teenage boy but their not. and Swearing is an issue; the members found a "code" to let them curse, so really, don't let your kids on the website. I don't get on it anymore, and niether should your kids.
Kid, 9 years old April 25, 2011

Depends

It's great for letting your kids be creative. Some of the people there aren't the nicest. Parents need to see and approve of friends and their suites for inappropriate material.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2011

good for mature preteens

If you go to parties under friends and clubs, they are really inappropriate, like se%, or se%y biiiiitc*es, or something like that. I tell y little sister to steer clear of that section, and I do too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina January 29, 2011

Good for kids but can be BAD!

Ok so this site is accualy pretty bad but you gotta dig deep I was looking and I did find a story bout somthing very iffy but otherwise most of the content is safe and cool it teachs kids how to spend money wisely and how to pick good clothes some of the clothes are a little skimpy but not to bad. Fun site but watch your kids when their on it. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie_lover44 October 9, 2014

good for kids and teens

If you make a stardoll account and you are under 13, then you get a kidsafe membership that won't let you chat with others, friend others, or message or go to parties and chats. It is just a fun shopping game. But, if you are over 13, then you can communicate with everybody, you can chat, go to parties, and do other things. This is fun, but not for people under 13.
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2014

Superstar membership

We need superstar membership for free
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2014

Pretty much completely safe really.

I use this site frequently, and yes, there can be some not-so-appropriate users, but if you enter your correct birthdate then under-13s can't see ANYTHING iffy at all. Yes, some items of clothing are 'skimpy', but there's no full on nudity at all. It is centred on fashion and design, and gives a message that there is nothing more to life, but in small doses can be a very good site for girls to play on. My seven year old sister manages to stay out of trouble on Stardoll even without KidSafe, and she loves the site. I reccommend to any girls who love fashion (however after a while it can get boring, but this is no problem because it's better to have less screen time!!!)
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2014

I like it!

I really like it. I talk to myself and just put makeup on covergirls. Its pretty much how i have fun. The only bad thing is that i'm not a superstar, but even if you aren't, you still can do what they can do pretty much. I have a kid safe membership, and it works pretty well. I just would recommend this not to be for girls 6-.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySophie_Person February 21, 2014

THE TRUTH ABOUT STARDOLL.

The site is a good site but then it all comes down to the issue of cyber-bullying. I don't believe there is really a serious problem of cyber bullying on the site but, there is a problem. The kids on this site are rude and they like making others feel inferior. Its an on-line inflated ego thing. Many leave the site because they feel intimidated by others. Swearing and Abusive language is a problem and they get away with it by using words such as 'bxtch'. I Would never recommend anyone I know from a younger youth audience to join this site. The site is good minus the untrained kids.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2014

Parents, chill out!

Jeez. Firstly, thanks for reading, nice to know you care. Secondly, why you getting so worked out about chats. You can easily ask your child to "check your email" and actually put on kidsafe. The chats aint good for anyone 11-. And make sure your child doesn't make anything which includes peoples hoo hoos and haa haas or smoking or stuff. Alota hackin happens... nuff' said. Apart from that. Its moola~
Teen, 13 years old Written bypinkshupti January 20, 2014

it's okay but...

Stardoll seems okay but it's inappropriate sometimes. some users try to hack u like saying they'll make u a free member. u just have to give ur password and thats all.Oneday, i was chatting and this girl started to talk about inappropriate stuff and my personal info so i had to block her.plus on the chatting rooms, most ppl are like swearing and talking about inappropriate stuff.on the other hand, they keep ur personal info safe and they don't let u chat or communicate if u are under 13.
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2014

Eh, not that good now

The game's more fine, but it's so much more unfair now. You just HAVE to be Superstar (which is membership) to get the best clothes, have the best doll, the best hair, and even sell clothes! And it's costly! Even my mother wouldn't buy it! It's so unfair, and you'd have to go upset because your doll looks so "ugly" compared to the ones who buy facial masks and other things from the bazaar to make themselves look so realistic! Stardoll needs to work on this because it's wrong.
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2014

A Fun Online Game :)

Stardoll is really fun, you can make your own 'doll' and buy clothes and makeup for it. But it has some bad language in quite a lot of chatrooms.
Teen, 16 years old Written byreviewerguurl December 31, 2013

14&up.

I used to be obsessed with Stardoll. Theres an option called 'Clubs & Chat'. On the chat feature it's mainly 8-10 year olds looking for virtual boyfriends. There's a club section and I used to go on a club called OriginalClub. I was 8 or 9 and they were all horrible to me. They used a swear code which if I remember correctly, it was ;&shy and if you put it in between a swear word then the word would come up without Stardoll blocking it. The makers of Stardoll are definitely not monitoring the clubs section otherwise all of the virtual boyfriend stuff would stop happening.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylottie29 November 30, 2013

It's actually not that bad.

I joined Stardoll about a year ago and thoroughly enjoy my time on it . If your child wants to join, let them. You need to sit down with them and explain to them what can happen. There is language filters on Stardoll but they can be worked around. On stardoll I've never heard anyone ask someone if they want 'se%'. You need to have trust in your children that they are responsible enough to do the right thing. I've made many friends on there and I'm really close to a couple. They don't know my personal details and I don't know theirs but that doesn't matter because we trust each other. When I'm having issues at home or school they're always there for me. Give Stardoll a go, it's a great social website.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuluuu November 30, 2013

Stardoll Review

Stardoll can be extremely fun, but some people spend so much money on their accounts it's ridiculous. Their customer support has become terrible. As far as language and sexual content, it's not as bad as it was as long as you stay out of the chatrooms. If you keep your focus on the fashion aspect, it's an amazing website. PS the kidsafe feature= :P and alot of younger kids SAY they're 13+ to have full acess (I should know cuz that's what I did when I was 11)... be aware.