All member reviews for Stardoll

Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2013

Stardoll, yes, some features, no

When I first started Stardoll back in 2011, I didn't use it that much, and I never joined any clubs or joined a chat room. It was nice back then, and everyone was friends. Now, its a like there's always some snotty bratty group of cliquey girls who think they can say an do anything they want. Its a competition for who's the richest, the hottest, and who has the best social/gossip life, including boyfriends. I have, numerous times, been bullied in a chat room for nothing! They will do anything to make themselves look better, and bring you down with how you look, dress, and say things like, "OMG, look at her. She's so fat and ugly. I'm so glad I'm not her, I mean, what a pathetic little brat." They have also invented a 'slang' for cussing, such as baytch, fawk, s@xy, thottie, etc. Fortunately, I used a method that involves acting dumb, but replying with witty, smart remarks such as "Wow cool! Right back atcha'!" in response to bullying and mean comments. I also hate it that many girls care so much about their virtual fantasy life that thy back and steal and lie. Make sure you have a bullying strategy that works. Also, sooooooo many girls put on gobs of makeup, wigs, and fake b()()bs. It bugs the heck out of me! And watch out for boyfriends. They suck. So, you might experience e some drama from the screwed up 'elites'. If you do......let them have it with your clever comebacks.
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2013

I RECOMMEND THIS!

THIS WEBSITE IS SO GOOD! I first joined when i was about 9. I was a superstar but then i lost interest in anything to do with the computer so i just stopped going on it and my account was deactivated and stuff... Then i made a new account and OMG IT IS SO AMAZING! I RECOMMEND!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheFrayress November 10, 2013

Fun website for girls!

I think this website is a fun game for girls. I found a cool blog about the site (take out the spaces): stardolltips1000.blogspot. co m/
Kid, 10 years old September 23, 2013

Great website ( but be careful )

So when I was in grade 3 or 2 My parents were out doing something and my aunt was watching me and my sister. She also brought my cousin, So I was on stardoll and my cousin saw me on it and watched me, I went into a chat room and there was swearing and everyone crushing on the only guy in the room. My cousin then told my aunt about it and the next day she told my parents. They banned me from the website. :( It has been a few years now and I asked my mom if I could go on stardoll she said yes! I have noticed a few things on stardoll that is kinda not for kids, 1. every one has tattoos!, 2. There is this covergirl thing that everyone goes crazy about! 3.there are mostly teenagers on there. Stardoll is one of my favourite websites to play on. I could go all day talking about the bad parts! BUT all that could be changed by just choosing KID SAFE! With kid safe you can't see all the nasty stuff! And you can still shop, play dressup, decorate your little house and all that good stuff! Kid safe can have the settings changed when you go into my account. If you don't want kid safe then word of the wise don't go in the chat rooms when a Boy enters or a person starts swearing! Make sure you know the safe parts of stardoll and be careful. You should get the best results.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhaleys4281 August 24, 2013

Um.. idk a title lol

The reason for the high rating is that its extremely fun and addicting. ITs fine for kids 11 and under, but once your doll is twelve on there, you can have extreme sexual relations. Nuff said.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykathad421 August 19, 2013

peodo heaven, rape,abuse fakes etc... on stardoll

stardoll is like a online peado heaven. just a few weeks ago i was talking to my boy friend on there (yes i have met him he lives 2 minutes away from me) and this random guy joins and says to me "you se%y little gal can suck my big black banana c0_ck where do u live we can meet up cause i know you wanna look at it stroke it suck it jump on it (really fast) and fill your vajayj with my semanyy curm" i said no and he said "come on sweet cheeks i have loads of vodka and some kokaine for ya cause i want you to jump on ma big black banana c0_ck" i left after that but he kept sending me messages with his number and skype,facebook and twitter name i blocked him bbut then he started messaging my boyfriend saying the same stuff my boy friend blocked him too and then the person who kepted messageing me stopped and i think he finally gave which was great after tha i joined this club chat and this girl was on telling everyone about how her step father rapes her and abuses her i was disgusted theere are many chats like this on stardoll some people even make sad little storys up for attention not thinking about the cosequuences and that that had actually happed to real people before i have deleted stardoll now i always advise not to go on there especially young and vunverable kids and teens. thanks katelyn kotan x
Teen, 14 years old Written by092898 July 11, 2013

pretty fun game, has kidlock feature

Fine for any age. You can only interact with other users if you're 13 or older. (It isn't hard to lie about your age, though.) You can say anything you want in the clubs/forums except swear, however lately the Stardoll staff are moderating the clubs more heavily and deleting inappropriate posts. In the process, they've banned some users that don't deserve it. Some clubs aren't moderated enough, and some are moderated too much. Besides that, it's a cute and fun game for kids and maybe teens. Some might get bored of it quickly, some might never get bored. Many features require a superstar membership, though, which is $5-$7 a month. The consumerism is pretty high. There are advertisements on the site, and Stardoll often sponsors a movie, book, product etc. in hopes of getting its users to see/read/buy that thing.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2013

There is such thing as Kids Safe.

Um guys, did you know you can activate kids safe? If you don't, your dumb. I like stardoll!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyJewelDiamond June 30, 2013

Depends on kids' maturity.

Before exploring the wonders of the cyberworld, each kid should know at least the basic rules to keeping safe online. Depending on how mature your kid is at online safety, this game is a great game for any users who wants to express their creativity. If you're worried about your child's safety, do turn on the Kid Membership safety feature. It reduces the amount of things that your child can do with his/her account but the fun is still unlimited. Do note that the tasks that Stardoll asks you to complete for their in-game currency, Starcoins/Stardollars, are NOT safe.
Kid, 9 years old June 23, 2013

Why do people bully on Stardoll?

Well i am a member of Stardoll and sometimes the website can be a little bit sexual at 13 but if you are 9 or younger then you will not get sexual content , but my character is black and a lot of users be racist about me and a lot of users swear at me, sometimes Stardoll has racist bullying so you've gotta keep a good eye on that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

It's a good website but be careful

Come on guys stardoll is a great website but you have to be careful like things like hacking and peer pressure and other stuff like that hey I was on stardoll since I was 10 and there was one bad thing I did and I gave my account to someone cuz they said they would give me 800 stardollers hey I was only 10 don't juge me ok but I got my account back so that's a good thing you just have tone very careful
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavestrider May 26, 2013

do i even need to get started on this shet. first of all the girls dont even look like girls they look like some fake asss barbies its just plain nasty. i was in there once and some stupid user called ilovebieber or something like that was mean to me. i dont even care anymore but this website is disturbing. they dissed my room and i made it so cool i made all the small detailed and i made apple juice out of the cheap dumb fashion designer thing and all they did was laugh at me all i ever wanted to do was fit in in a girl site but everyone was mean
Teen, 16 years old Written byMollyRose-xo May 4, 2013

Great site, with safe features and options available for younger children.

Stardoll is a great site. Although some ignorant members may try and swear, or talk 'dirty', this isn't often and there are so many ways to block it. Stardoll deletes these people all the time, and there are so many good people on stardoll who know exactly when to press the report button. If you are worried about your child going on stardoll, don't be! Stardoll filters everything, and if you're still worried you can put kidsafe on your childs account, so they cant interact with others at all! If you don't want to use kidsafe, any user can close their guestbook so no-one can contact them there, and no-one can private message/chat you unless you accept their friend request. You can block and report people on stardoll who make you feel uncomfortable. Although there is paid memberships on stardoll, you can still have an amazing time if you don't pay, and people like me are here to help with that. Overall, stardoll is amazing, me and my sister have it. I'm 14, she's 8. She doesn't have kidsafe, her guestbook isn't closed, and no-one has been mean to her. I am a royalty member, and she is normal although she was once superstar.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2013

Not For Kids, Horrible!

I seriously thought this site was AMAZING when I first started a year ago. I got membership, and then my account got hacked. But before any of that, I went to parties and regular chat rooms. People would cuss on different levels, with using 'short' codes for it. There was alot of innapropriate things on there, along with REALLY innapropriate clothes. Dolls can get piercings and can get cigars. Random guys, would ask you to be their 'friend'. First of all why would GUYS be on a dress up site? People had weddings and even pool parties. In their bikinis! It was sick! And above all that, the hacking was really common. I lost my whole membership doll. The account was deleted and I never went on stardoll A G A I N. The whole point is, kids should not be on this site, ever.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydolingaspercival March 6, 2013

Mmmmeh

So the dressing up part of the website is fine. Totally fine. Same goes for the designing. It's the community that can be rude. Leave your account's guestbook open for a week, and it's guaranteed that a small child having fun with the Internet will leave a random comment calling you ugly and/or ask you rude questions. Lots of kids are obsessed with the sexualities of other users, so in chatrooms kids tend to ask eachother if they're, in their words, gay or 'lez', either because they want to ridicule you or they want to e-date. Some good advice is to keep your guestbook closed or open only to friends. Because of the small children on the site, it's typical to get insulted for no reason. BEWARE OF CHATROOMS. Also, Stardoll thinks it's alright to post up gossip from other sites, such as Perez Hilton and Celeb!tchy. The gossip in question sometimes gets too sexy or too political for little kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byredpaperperson February 17, 2013

NO.JUST NO.

Stay away from this site.Boys and sex and pervs and $ are the biggest part of this site.people cuss by saying things like, pretend binder is a bad word.they would put b*nd*r or bhinhder or bin()der.."parties"are basicly chat rooms.Its all about having a boyfriend and paying money.Little kids who have an attactive medoll will be approached by a "boy" who might even be like "Hey your cute.wanna come to my suite siccy?"(siccy is how they say sexy)I have been approached like that before.i also put the drinking drugs and smoking because like mentioned before, you can make a "cigaratte"in the stardesighn jewlery, people in the partys will talk about being high at the partys.also, people will get into fights. Find a way to block this extremly adicting site and if you have been sucked into the stardollasphere, add me. forevcoolgirl11
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2013

It's fun If your worried get kidsafe. 10+

Well, Now that stardoll is this popular in 2013 there have been some MAJOR changes to their system first of all I've been on stardoll for two years know and the only few problems or inapropriate behaviour is the guys and some few girls but when I see them I report and block them and if the human stardoll monitor's review and detect nothing out of the rules they will leave you alone and torminate the reportie, but if they see even the slights rule breaking your Ip adress is blocked from stardoll, So stardoll is MUCH safer now then it was in 2011, At one point me and my friends were being stalked on stardoll so we reported and shut down our account and re-joined 2 months later, Stardoll does have some sexual content but the only reson for that is the Chat rooms or "Parties" If you just want to have fun with fashion just set yourself on kid-safe mode I'm not on kidsafe mode but I never go to the people with weird avatars of awkward names like this girl named 'Bra' she's so creepy. I really want to become a stylist to the stars one day so stardoll really is fun for me If you just want to have a fun game and learn about new fashions your could always get a kidsafe acount although I don't think you need to unless your under the age of 10. Stardoll In 2012 was named one of the fastest growing fashion websites out there If I were you I'd create a fake account first and try it out then a real one if you like it. I agree that it expensive I've complained to stardoll about that in the past and surely others have complained directly to stardoll on the fourm. They do have alot of basic members things now but some of them you have to level up to get.The safty is fair to me at least.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaariya01 December 30, 2012

what makes children spend so much money on stardoll

i think that stardoll is ok. the only thing is that there is way too much advertising. they encourage non members to waste a lot of money too buy supertstar.some points of how they make make people waste money on the game:1) there is something called stardollars on stardoll which are gold coins. everyone seems to really want them because you can only get stardollars if you are a superstar and you can buy some really good clothes.2) when your superstar it costs £2.50 for 2 weeks superstar £5.oo for 4 weeks and £10 pounds for a month. you dont really get that much stardollars with them so when the children finish there stardollars they instantly want even more and because they parents probably dont want them spending to much on a game some children tend to steal their parents phones or credit cards in order to be superstar. 3) there is also royalty on stardoll which is £25 for a whole year when you become superstar there are some things in the shop where you have to be royalty to buy some certain things. 4) when you first register to stardoll on the second day you get 20 stardollars the gold coins and 500 starcoins they are purple and not very much people find them useful, stardoll give yoy the 20 stardollars to give yoyu a tastre of how it feels to get stardollars, so because the children can not get stardollars whislt they are non sueperstar then they tend to really want to be superstar for the stardollars.when you become non superstar after being supertsar you instantly have no stardollars because you probably spent them when you were superstar so it makes the children want to be superstar again for the stardollars and then get in to the habit of spending money on the game that they cant stop and it wastes a lot of money
Kid, 11 years old December 4, 2012

Not a bad website!

I love stardoll, I have been on it since around 2010, and I think that it is a great website! I love it because, there is so much choice of how you would like to style your "Medoll". If you would like to see what my star doll suite looks like (It`s a pretty good example of a nice suite!) My stardoll username is rrmakana. I would say that it is pretty safe, and not very many stalkers or creepy people. But they are some, but Stardoll staff does a pretty good job of maintaining bad users. There are also some "inappropriate" users who try hard to look "sexy" but you can usually tell if they are bad by there username. There used to be a girl (She is deleted now) named something like "SuperSmxy", and she was very inappropriate. There is also some swearing, and some users get around the no swearing rules by saying the words like "$h!t", so watch out for that. Also, they try and get you to buy membership which cots money, and also to buy the in game currency. Once you have had the paid membership (Called a superstar) for a whole year, you become stardoll royalty. (Im stardoll royalty!) There is also competitions like covergirl, and party planner, and usually only stardoll royalty wins those titles, and once a year they have Miss Stardoll World. I think that this is a good website, to let users try to "achieve their dream" of becoming covergirl or whatever. I love this website!
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2012

Just Okay....

When I found this website online, I really was excited to find this, especially since Girl Sense, one of my favorties, closed down. Now, not saying this is a totally bad website. If you avoid the right things, it's very fun. The only thing that disappoints me is that this webstie advertises tattoos on the dolls. This is the only thing that really suprised me. My family and I are against things like drugs, so that disappoined me, but if you aviod that, the rest is fine. Overall, is game is just okay.