All teen and kid member reviews for Stardoll

Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2011

great website, great educational value

i think its a great website, it also teaches kids how to use money, items are a couple of stardollars or starcoins each, so you cant have everything on the website, you can earn money by rating other dolls suites, basically learing, that when you are nice to people, people are nice to you back, as long as your carefull to who you speak to, and dont give any personal infomation, making friends can be fun, all in all a great website, i rate on for 10 and up
Kid, 8 years old November 28, 2011

Stardoll

I play Stardoll and someone hacked into my account and spent my money.Some people can say bad words and have inappropriate names.There is a thing called chatting where it is a person and you talk and you can't report bad words in chatting so it is not that safe. My mom keeps a close eye on my account and I think if the parent can do that and knows their kid is responsible, it is ok.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2011

ADD ME

Add me im wrestler2 and a ROYALTY!
Kid, 9 years old September 25, 2011

brillant but content needs aproving

i love it its so addictive but some of the content may have to be approved first because some of the parties on it are called inappopriate things but i wont name any, the thing that bugs me even more is on most of the features you have to be a superstar which can be annoying as now stardollars aren't the official money is starcoins now and you don't do a hell of a lot with them as they can make your play really frustating and want to quit . There is also quite a lot of chainmail on stardoll such as do you want 2500 starpoints and 600 outfits copy this on another club and go to ur suite and open a pink and black bag, see but apart from that stardoll is telling kids to be creative and think more about money and how valuble it is
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe book dork<3 July 9, 2011

Fine for nearly anyone

The only thing to know is people will find desperate ways to be rude. But those encounters are so easily avoidable it's not even funny. I love stardoll for just an absent minded game to play. If you don't want your kid to be able to communicate to others, then close their guestbook, make them so they can't add friends and can't join clubs. They block out anything that deals with phone numbers (A.K.A. 7 numbers), and bag words in even other languages. If you trust your kid not to give out personal information (although it is beyond hard to) then let them just have fun(: I know i go on too, just to have fun and try to become an 'Elite' as they're called.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2011

I don't know......

ok, i don't think even i would play this i would consider looking at it before your kids do, i was about to play it but i decided to get on common sense before i check it for myself and start playing, thank u for common sense!
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

good for tweens and kids, but a BAD idea for kids and tots!!!!

the thing with this website is this: their is clubs, and regular members can access them. some people say things like " i sorta eat my discharge" and things like that. great for tweens and teens, but a BAD idea if you have small kids!
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

amazing website

i love it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMileyRayCyrusRo... April 14, 2011

It IS a good site. Monitor kids under 13!

Well the website is safe. I have a stardoll called StardollTester feel free to visit it. I found 1 inappropriate person while searching for a couple of mins. (WAY more than 1 if you look) her name is verydirtygirl if u dont like sexual talk/cybersex DONT visit people like that! There are also numerous inappropriate Clubs/Partys/Forums/Blogs/Stardolls/Presentations/Clothes!
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2011

Good for 5th grade and up.

OKay now the filters are okay, but they let the A word through, i know this because other people post the A word, not me because I don't cuss. Also the dress-up dolls they wear bras if you take all the clothes off, and cleverage is shown, Also some of the shirts can have some scary pictures on them but not too bad. This is a fun network, but if your 13 and under then you won't get acess to: adding friends joining clubs posting comments in guestbooks Having a guestbook posting comments anywhere The only way you can do this and your under 13 if you put a fake age or if you print out a permission slip, your parents has to sign and fax/mail to the stardoll company. *If your child knows the house number and doesn't know about "weird people, and hackers* then i do not suggest this because You can have a blog and an albumn which you *CAN* put numbers.
Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2011
This site is perfectly geared toward ages 7+ . There are some bad charecters and bad role models but not very many. If you are under 8 have a parent look at it and go on with you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNaya B. February 3, 2011
Ok, for a few years when I was around 10, 11, 12, I liked this websitee. It is fun and has some cool games, as well as taught me how important it was to save money (seeing that without money you couldnt buy clothes). But, I know from experience that many, many of the dolls are naughty and inapropriate about what they do and what they say. Parents need to be aware at what kids are putting on their profile pictures as well as their "information" box. As far as privacy goes, its pretty good. Unless you are flat out saying where you live and your house number I dont think kids ar at risk.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysingstar1123 February 1, 2011

PERFECT AMAZING LOVE ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

i love it use it all the the time! add me if ur reading this...user name...singstar1123
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2011
some bad stuff but if your mature you should be able to handle it
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011
I love this website! But since it's a free-chat website you can say whatever you want like cuss words. Other than that stardoll is a good website.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff January 17, 2011
Cool. It's probably more fun with the membership, though.
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2011

Lil kids might think its fun until the parents get nagged when they have to pay money.

Its fun but like, the paypal and all the other things you got to buy with your own money, limits kids from signing on. BUT OVerall you just dress celebritys up and save them in a album, and you play games and earn coins to buy your stardoll clothes. In order to be a superstar you got to pay money.
Kid, 9 years old January 15, 2011

Perfect for 6 and up

LOVE IT BEST SITE EVER Stop moping there are LOADS of good things for non superstar reccomend it for 6 up best site.So what thier are bikinis so what people talk bout s*x its fine just ignore stuff like a club called Virtual Chat it gets a bit naughty!!!!!!! not for li'l kids!!
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2011

Gimme $

Virtually worthless without money. Users talk about inappropriate things. Bad language on some peoples pages. Don't bother
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2011

Tries To Weedle Money Out Of You!

OK, so I had heard of Stardoll, so I decided to sign up. I had no idea that there were upgrades to Superstar, and I thought you could buy anything you wanted without being a Superstar but I was wrong. You had to become a Superstar to buy all items from all shops, sell your own clothes, buy second hand clothes, play all dress-up games, etc. However this isn't such a big problem, because Regular members can still buy some clothes, but the clothes they can buy are basic and limited. For example, a Regular member can't buy a posh evening dress or a piece of nice jewellery, but they could buy a plain black skirt, a white blouse, basic jeans etc. A Superstar member could buy all of that, including the dress and jewellery. OK, so you're probably thinking, "Well, upgrade to Superstar then!" Easier said than done. You have to pay to be a Superstar, and unless your family can afford it, then Stardoll can be quite dull, as Regular members have rather plain suites, while Superstars have all-sorts of interiors, decor etc. Also, regular members only earn 5 Stardollars a day (70 Stardollars a month), and guess what - 4 of those 5 Stardollars expire in a day! However, when you upgrade to Superstar, you get 200 Stardollars a month until your Superstar membership runs out, while poor Regular members only have 70 a month! I am very lucky because I am a Superstar with a lot of Stardollars but trust me, I have two accounts, one Superstar with a lot of Stardollars and one Regular with very little Stardollars. So, because I am a Superstar, I enjoy Stardoll, but while I am on my Regular account I don't. Stardoll also focuses mainly on things that only Superstars can buy or get too. By withdrawing things from Regular members that Superstar members can get, Stardoll is trying to get money out of you so you will become a Superstar, which is very sneaky, and in this respect I don't like Stardoll. There are also some inappropriate clubs with unsuitable content for the younger members of the site. However, the site sends out a nice message. You know, girly, glittery, celebs, fame, fashion and creativity, which is nice. The last thing I need to say is making friends and socializing with other members on Stardoll. If you are under 13, you can choose to Kidlock an account, which means you can't have a guestbook for other members to write messages in, and you can't join any clubs. But being a non-Kidlocked member isn't a problem either, because you can block or report any member who is being abusive. Hope I helped, I know it is a long review but I had a lot to say!