All member reviews for Stardoll

Dress-up doll fun with safe features for younger users.

Kid, 9 years old April 25, 2011

Depends

It's great for letting your kids be creative. Some of the people there aren't the nicest. Parents need to see and approve of friends and their suites for inappropriate material.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2011

good for mature preteens

If you go to parties under friends and clubs, they are really inappropriate, like se%, or se%y biiiiitc*es, or something like that. I tell y little sister to steer clear of that section, and I do too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina January 29, 2011

Good for kids but can be BAD!

Ok so this site is accualy pretty bad but you gotta dig deep I was looking and I did find a story bout somthing very iffy but otherwise most of the content is safe and cool it teachs kids how to spend money wisely and how to pick good clothes some of the clothes are a little skimpy but not to bad. Fun site but watch your kids when their on it. :)
Parent of a 16 year old Written bykalauati12 December 30, 2010

how much i love it so much! :) n this is good for older kids ! not teens

i love iitt!! and don't be a hater ok peoples :)
Parent of a 11 year old Written byhannah rocks October 5, 2010

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i like it alittle bit
Parent of a 10 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... September 25, 2010

Perfect for preteens until a young women!!!

My daughter loves it. But there can be mild swearing or saying offensive things about other people. And there is this club called V nightclub and its TOTALY inaproprite. But i check my daughters site monthly. I love stardoll as much as a 10 yr. old girl would. BE CAREFUL! its addicting!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bymoosesaj June 18, 2015

REALLY?!

Ok this is seriously the most annoying game EVER. I can't stand how kids think they can be like this. So perfect and pretty. Even MY child can't be that way, and that's saying alot. Don't even SAY its kid friendly because we all know its not. I mean SERIOUSLY? What's with all the innapropriate content? And i even let my kid play Hay Day. We all know how innapropriate Hay Day is!!!! So be warned. On this game, your kid has no limits. They can buy NAIL POLISH for goodness sakes!!! That stuff is highly toxic. You may think I'm being overprotective, but beware of this game. Its full of stealing and lies. My kid bought some"mascara" from the star store and it didn't take it out of her star coins for almost 2 Seconds!!! It should immediatly erase the money your child spends so us parents don't think its stealing. Yeah Stardoll, that's right! call me crazy, but this is coming from a sincere parent who actually cares about their kid and their mental health. No way do i approve. thank you to all you grateful parents for always sticking by your child when times get rough on these games. Love ya, parents!!!! sincerely,Katherine Applebee the third
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie_lover44 October 9, 2014

good for kids and teens

If you make a stardoll account and you are under 13, then you get a kidsafe membership that won't let you chat with others, friend others, or message or go to parties and chats. It is just a fun shopping game. But, if you are over 13, then you can communicate with everybody, you can chat, go to parties, and do other things. This is fun, but not for people under 13.
Parent Written bySafetyMom123 June 25, 2014

Safety Quiz

On stardoll, there is a safety quiz in the 'Dress Up & Games' section. I had my daughter take the quiz and she got an 100% so I let her play. I gave her a small quiz about online safety every time I wanted her to join a game. Nothing has happened since.
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2014

Superstar membership

We need superstar membership for free
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2014

Pretty much completely safe really.

I use this site frequently, and yes, there can be some not-so-appropriate users, but if you enter your correct birthdate then under-13s can't see ANYTHING iffy at all. Yes, some items of clothing are 'skimpy', but there's no full on nudity at all. It is centred on fashion and design, and gives a message that there is nothing more to life, but in small doses can be a very good site for girls to play on. My seven year old sister manages to stay out of trouble on Stardoll even without KidSafe, and she loves the site. I reccommend to any girls who love fashion (however after a while it can get boring, but this is no problem because it's better to have less screen time!!!)
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2014

I like it!

I really like it. I talk to myself and just put makeup on covergirls. Its pretty much how i have fun. The only bad thing is that i'm not a superstar, but even if you aren't, you still can do what they can do pretty much. I have a kid safe membership, and it works pretty well. I just would recommend this not to be for girls 6-.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySophie_Person February 21, 2014

THE TRUTH ABOUT STARDOLL.

The site is a good site but then it all comes down to the issue of cyber-bullying. I don't believe there is really a serious problem of cyber bullying on the site but, there is a problem. The kids on this site are rude and they like making others feel inferior. Its an on-line inflated ego thing. Many leave the site because they feel intimidated by others. Swearing and Abusive language is a problem and they get away with it by using words such as 'bxtch'. I Would never recommend anyone I know from a younger youth audience to join this site. The site is good minus the untrained kids.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2014

Parents, chill out!

Jeez. Firstly, thanks for reading, nice to know you care. Secondly, why you getting so worked out about chats. You can easily ask your child to "check your email" and actually put on kidsafe. The chats aint good for anyone 11-. And make sure your child doesn't make anything which includes peoples hoo hoos and haa haas or smoking or stuff. Alota hackin happens... nuff' said. Apart from that. Its moola~
Parent Written byAmuletAmber February 10, 2014

My view

Okay so I think what this site should have is make u conform a email before u even start to play the game. There are so many trolls (as in the ones who have the dog enlarged so u cant see there stardoll or the ones who come in dressed with random items and make there doll look ugly as possible as to put no effort into it) and stuff and lately ive been getting thes random friend requests sayin if i go to "so in so website" ( its the same website everytime but i cant remb it off the top of my head) i can earn free sd. I have never payed for anything on this site i have only earned my sd through surveys and I dont understand or whats the point in paying for SS or Royal when u can just take some time out of ur day and compelte some surveys. but what really ticks me off is this one person or multiple people sending me that friend request telling me to go to this website to earn"free sd" when in reality its just someone who is wanting to hack ur account. Besides that yes there is kinda alot of swearing from bratty kids. i went to this one chat room and the owner and her "side kick" is what u could say would make fun of everyone who joined the chat room. It was mostly about the way other stardoll users doll looked .So I wouldn't quite recommend this for kids at age 13 maybe more for 15 -19 (idk) but i have become friends with kids who are young and i have tried to help them with personal problems.Also ive been seeing alot of despos and no just cause 2 people of opp. sex are talking to each other does not mean they are despos. im talking about the ones who ask right off the bat if u wanna date them or they say they love u or some dumb thing. I kinda wish theys also make the sd easier to earn so people wouldnt be trying to hack and all
Teen, 13 years old Written bypinkshupti January 20, 2014

it's okay but...

Stardoll seems okay but it's inappropriate sometimes. some users try to hack u like saying they'll make u a free member. u just have to give ur password and thats all.Oneday, i was chatting and this girl started to talk about inappropriate stuff and my personal info so i had to block her.plus on the chatting rooms, most ppl are like swearing and talking about inappropriate stuff.on the other hand, they keep ur personal info safe and they don't let u chat or communicate if u are under 13.
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2014

Eh, not that good now

The game's more fine, but it's so much more unfair now. You just HAVE to be Superstar (which is membership) to get the best clothes, have the best doll, the best hair, and even sell clothes! And it's costly! Even my mother wouldn't buy it! It's so unfair, and you'd have to go upset because your doll looks so "ugly" compared to the ones who buy facial masks and other things from the bazaar to make themselves look so realistic! Stardoll needs to work on this because it's wrong.
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2014

A Fun Online Game :)

Stardoll is really fun, you can make your own 'doll' and buy clothes and makeup for it. But it has some bad language in quite a lot of chatrooms.
Teen, 16 years old Written byreviewerguurl December 31, 2013

14&up.

I used to be obsessed with Stardoll. Theres an option called 'Clubs & Chat'. On the chat feature it's mainly 8-10 year olds looking for virtual boyfriends. There's a club section and I used to go on a club called OriginalClub. I was 8 or 9 and they were all horrible to me. They used a swear code which if I remember correctly, it was ;&shy and if you put it in between a swear word then the word would come up without Stardoll blocking it. The makers of Stardoll are definitely not monitoring the clubs section otherwise all of the virtual boyfriend stuff would stop happening.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylottie29 November 30, 2013

It's actually not that bad.

I joined Stardoll about a year ago and thoroughly enjoy my time on it . If your child wants to join, let them. You need to sit down with them and explain to them what can happen. There is language filters on Stardoll but they can be worked around. On stardoll I've never heard anyone ask someone if they want 'se%'. You need to have trust in your children that they are responsible enough to do the right thing. I've made many friends on there and I'm really close to a couple. They don't know my personal details and I don't know theirs but that doesn't matter because we trust each other. When I'm having issues at home or school they're always there for me. Give Stardoll a go, it's a great social website.