All member reviews for Stardoll

Dress-up doll fun with safe features for younger users.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bymoosesaj June 18, 2015

REALLY?!

Ok this is seriously the most annoying game EVER. I can't stand how kids think they can be like this. So perfect and pretty. Even MY child can't be that way, and that's saying alot. Don't even SAY its kid friendly because we all know its not. I mean SERIOUSLY? What's with all the innapropriate content? And i even let my kid play Hay Day. We all know how innapropriate Hay Day is!!!! So be warned. On this game, your kid has no limits. They can buy NAIL POLISH for goodness sakes!!! That stuff is highly toxic. You may think I'm being overprotective, but beware of this game. Its full of stealing and lies. My kid bought some"mascara" from the star store and it didn't take it out of her star coins for almost 2 Seconds!!! It should immediatly erase the money your child spends so us parents don't think its stealing. Yeah Stardoll, that's right! call me crazy, but this is coming from a sincere parent who actually cares about their kid and their mental health. No way do i approve. thank you to all you grateful parents for always sticking by your child when times get rough on these games. Love ya, parents!!!! sincerely,Katherine Applebee the third
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie_lover44 October 9, 2014

good for kids and teens

If you make a stardoll account and you are under 13, then you get a kidsafe membership that won't let you chat with others, friend others, or message or go to parties and chats. It is just a fun shopping game. But, if you are over 13, then you can communicate with everybody, you can chat, go to parties, and do other things. This is fun, but not for people under 13.
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2014

Superstar membership

We need superstar membership for free
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2014

I like it!

I really like it. I talk to myself and just put makeup on covergirls. Its pretty much how i have fun. The only bad thing is that i'm not a superstar, but even if you aren't, you still can do what they can do pretty much. I have a kid safe membership, and it works pretty well. I just would recommend this not to be for girls 6-.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySophie_Person February 21, 2014

THE TRUTH ABOUT STARDOLL.

The site is a good site but then it all comes down to the issue of cyber-bullying. I don't believe there is really a serious problem of cyber bullying on the site but, there is a problem. The kids on this site are rude and they like making others feel inferior. Its an on-line inflated ego thing. Many leave the site because they feel intimidated by others. Swearing and Abusive language is a problem and they get away with it by using words such as 'bxtch'. I Would never recommend anyone I know from a younger youth audience to join this site. The site is good minus the untrained kids.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2014

Parents, chill out!

Jeez. Firstly, thanks for reading, nice to know you care. Secondly, why you getting so worked out about chats. You can easily ask your child to "check your email" and actually put on kidsafe. The chats aint good for anyone 11-. And make sure your child doesn't make anything which includes peoples hoo hoos and haa haas or smoking or stuff. Alota hackin happens... nuff' said. Apart from that. Its moola~
Parent Written byAmuletAmber February 10, 2014

My view

Okay so I think what this site should have is make u conform a email before u even start to play the game. There are so many trolls (as in the ones who have the dog enlarged so u cant see there stardoll or the ones who come in dressed with random items and make there doll look ugly as possible as to put no effort into it) and stuff and lately ive been getting thes random friend requests sayin if i go to "so in so website" ( its the same website everytime but i cant remb it off the top of my head) i can earn free sd. I have never payed for anything on this site i have only earned my sd through surveys and I dont understand or whats the point in paying for SS or Royal when u can just take some time out of ur day and compelte some surveys. but what really ticks me off is this one person or multiple people sending me that friend request telling me to go to this website to earn"free sd" when in reality its just someone who is wanting to hack ur account. Besides that yes there is kinda alot of swearing from bratty kids. i went to this one chat room and the owner and her "side kick" is what u could say would make fun of everyone who joined the chat room. It was mostly about the way other stardoll users doll looked .So I wouldn't quite recommend this for kids at age 13 maybe more for 15 -19 (idk) but i have become friends with kids who are young and i have tried to help them with personal problems.Also ive been seeing alot of despos and no just cause 2 people of opp. sex are talking to each other does not mean they are despos. im talking about the ones who ask right off the bat if u wanna date them or they say they love u or some dumb thing. I kinda wish theys also make the sd easier to earn so people wouldnt be trying to hack and all
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2014

Eh, not that good now

The game's more fine, but it's so much more unfair now. You just HAVE to be Superstar (which is membership) to get the best clothes, have the best doll, the best hair, and even sell clothes! And it's costly! Even my mother wouldn't buy it! It's so unfair, and you'd have to go upset because your doll looks so "ugly" compared to the ones who buy facial masks and other things from the bazaar to make themselves look so realistic! Stardoll needs to work on this because it's wrong.
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2014

A Fun Online Game :)

Stardoll is really fun, you can make your own 'doll' and buy clothes and makeup for it. But it has some bad language in quite a lot of chatrooms.
Teen, 16 years old Written byreviewerguurl December 31, 2013

14&up.

I used to be obsessed with Stardoll. Theres an option called 'Clubs & Chat'. On the chat feature it's mainly 8-10 year olds looking for virtual boyfriends. There's a club section and I used to go on a club called OriginalClub. I was 8 or 9 and they were all horrible to me. They used a swear code which if I remember correctly, it was ;&shy and if you put it in between a swear word then the word would come up without Stardoll blocking it. The makers of Stardoll are definitely not monitoring the clubs section otherwise all of the virtual boyfriend stuff would stop happening.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuluuu November 30, 2013

Stardoll Review

Stardoll can be extremely fun, but some people spend so much money on their accounts it's ridiculous. Their customer support has become terrible. As far as language and sexual content, it's not as bad as it was as long as you stay out of the chatrooms. If you keep your focus on the fashion aspect, it's an amazing website. PS the kidsafe feature= :P and alot of younger kids SAY they're 13+ to have full acess (I should know cuz that's what I did when I was 11)... be aware.
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2013

I RECOMMEND THIS!

THIS WEBSITE IS SO GOOD! I first joined when i was about 9. I was a superstar but then i lost interest in anything to do with the computer so i just stopped going on it and my account was deactivated and stuff... Then i made a new account and OMG IT IS SO AMAZING! I RECOMMEND!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheFrayress November 10, 2013

Fun website for girls!

I think this website is a fun game for girls. I found a cool blog about the site (take out the spaces): stardolltips1000.blogspot. co m/
Kid, 10 years old September 23, 2013

Great website ( but be careful )

So when I was in grade 3 or 2 My parents were out doing something and my aunt was watching me and my sister. She also brought my cousin, So I was on stardoll and my cousin saw me on it and watched me, I went into a chat room and there was swearing and everyone crushing on the only guy in the room. My cousin then told my aunt about it and the next day she told my parents. They banned me from the website. :( It has been a few years now and I asked my mom if I could go on stardoll she said yes! I have noticed a few things on stardoll that is kinda not for kids, 1. every one has tattoos!, 2. There is this covergirl thing that everyone goes crazy about! 3.there are mostly teenagers on there. Stardoll is one of my favourite websites to play on. I could go all day talking about the bad parts! BUT all that could be changed by just choosing KID SAFE! With kid safe you can't see all the nasty stuff! And you can still shop, play dressup, decorate your little house and all that good stuff! Kid safe can have the settings changed when you go into my account. If you don't want kid safe then word of the wise don't go in the chat rooms when a Boy enters or a person starts swearing! Make sure you know the safe parts of stardoll and be careful. You should get the best results.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhaleys4281 August 24, 2013

Um.. idk a title lol

The reason for the high rating is that its extremely fun and addicting. ITs fine for kids 11 and under, but once your doll is twelve on there, you can have extreme sexual relations. Nuff said.
Teen, 14 years old Written by092898 July 11, 2013

pretty fun game, has kidlock feature

Fine for any age. You can only interact with other users if you're 13 or older. (It isn't hard to lie about your age, though.) You can say anything you want in the clubs/forums except swear, however lately the Stardoll staff are moderating the clubs more heavily and deleting inappropriate posts. In the process, they've banned some users that don't deserve it. Some clubs aren't moderated enough, and some are moderated too much. Besides that, it's a cute and fun game for kids and maybe teens. Some might get bored of it quickly, some might never get bored. Many features require a superstar membership, though, which is $5-$7 a month. The consumerism is pretty high. There are advertisements on the site, and Stardoll often sponsors a movie, book, product etc. in hopes of getting its users to see/read/buy that thing.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2013

There is such thing as Kids Safe.

Um guys, did you know you can activate kids safe? If you don't, your dumb. I like stardoll!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyJewelDiamond June 30, 2013

Depends on kids' maturity.

Before exploring the wonders of the cyberworld, each kid should know at least the basic rules to keeping safe online. Depending on how mature your kid is at online safety, this game is a great game for any users who wants to express their creativity. If you're worried about your child's safety, do turn on the Kid Membership safety feature. It reduces the amount of things that your child can do with his/her account but the fun is still unlimited. Do note that the tasks that Stardoll asks you to complete for their in-game currency, Starcoins/Stardollars, are NOT safe.
Kid, 9 years old June 23, 2013

Why do people bully on Stardoll?

Well i am a member of Stardoll and sometimes the website can be a little bit sexual at 13 but if you are 9 or younger then you will not get sexual content , but my character is black and a lot of users be racist about me and a lot of users swear at me, sometimes Stardoll has racist bullying so you've gotta keep a good eye on that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

It's a good website but be careful

Come on guys stardoll is a great website but you have to be careful like things like hacking and peer pressure and other stuff like that hey I was on stardoll since I was 10 and there was one bad thing I did and I gave my account to someone cuz they said they would give me 800 stardollers hey I was only 10 don't juge me ok but I got my account back so that's a good thing you just have tone very careful