All member reviews for Stardoll

Dress-up doll fun with safe features for younger users.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookcupcake January 28, 2012

I love this site, not for little girls though.

Just gonna warn everyone this site does have girls dressed in undies. So what??? This is a dress up site. Most dolls start out with a girl dressed in a plain white top. I love dress up so this is a good site for me. You don't have to make an account to play most of the dress up games (near 1000) Don't make an account, or go on to any of the blog post BAM!!!!! problem solved. Just go to the dress up games play for a bit and go off. This is so fun!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2012

Warning: Addictive!

I LOVE this website! I got an account when I was 11. I think it can be a little bad if you have someone that doesn't know about bras and such that wants to join. Also, I wouldn't let a boy join unless he was like 15. But it is SUPER safe if you join and are under 13! You can't comment on anything, but you have the same features as 13 year olds accept for clubs and friends. It's so cool and I can't stop playing it!
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Is ok but

It's a nice game but some people use it to date and stuff. Outfits are cute and have many styles. some people wear are inappropriate outfits
Kid, 10 years old December 18, 2011

Drama, Competition, and Dating :p

The point of Stardoll is designing jewelery and fashion, go shopping, decorate suite, message friends, dress up dolls, be in clubs and parties. I think it has a lot of fun things to do, but the privacy and sexual behavior are the issues. Privacy can be a issue if a kid is on Stardoll, and thinks they are dating a kid their age, when it is really a 26 year old. They can ask for their phone number, address, full name, photo, and more. Usually boys go on Stardoll, and they don't care about "fashion, fame and friends" they care about "sex, girls, dating" Some male users should be blocked. I also hate all the competition, everyone is cah-razy about being Covergirl. It drives me crazy! Users are bragging on my guestbook; Vote me Covergirl! Vote me Covergirl! Vote me Covergirl! Uggh.... Another thing I hate is the greed. Stardoll Staff keep bragging about how good it is to be a Superstar. Too many features are for SuperStars, too. Most Clothes are for Superstars. And last but not least, members make "chain-mail" and say copy and paste this to 7 clubs and you will be a SuperStar an have 2000 starcoins. They say A Stardoll staff such as Callie.Stardoll created that chain-mail and makes users want to copy and paste. Users also claim that they are a stardoll staff. I just hate all the drama and competition. I would give the site 2 out of 5 stars. Very disappointing.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2011

great website, great educational value

i think its a great website, it also teaches kids how to use money, items are a couple of stardollars or starcoins each, so you cant have everything on the website, you can earn money by rating other dolls suites, basically learing, that when you are nice to people, people are nice to you back, as long as your carefull to who you speak to, and dont give any personal infomation, making friends can be fun, all in all a great website, i rate on for 10 and up
Kid, 8 years old November 28, 2011

Stardoll

I play Stardoll and someone hacked into my account and spent my money.Some people can say bad words and have inappropriate names.There is a thing called chatting where it is a person and you talk and you can't report bad words in chatting so it is not that safe. My mom keeps a close eye on my account and I think if the parent can do that and knows their kid is responsible, it is ok.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2011

ADD ME

Add me im wrestler2 and a ROYALTY!
Kid, 9 years old September 25, 2011

brillant but content needs aproving

i love it its so addictive but some of the content may have to be approved first because some of the parties on it are called inappopriate things but i wont name any, the thing that bugs me even more is on most of the features you have to be a superstar which can be annoying as now stardollars aren't the official money is starcoins now and you don't do a hell of a lot with them as they can make your play really frustating and want to quit . There is also quite a lot of chainmail on stardoll such as do you want 2500 starpoints and 600 outfits copy this on another club and go to ur suite and open a pink and black bag, see but apart from that stardoll is telling kids to be creative and think more about money and how valuble it is
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe book dork<3 July 9, 2011

Fine for nearly anyone

The only thing to know is people will find desperate ways to be rude. But those encounters are so easily avoidable it's not even funny. I love stardoll for just an absent minded game to play. If you don't want your kid to be able to communicate to others, then close their guestbook, make them so they can't add friends and can't join clubs. They block out anything that deals with phone numbers (A.K.A. 7 numbers), and bag words in even other languages. If you trust your kid not to give out personal information (although it is beyond hard to) then let them just have fun(: I know i go on too, just to have fun and try to become an 'Elite' as they're called.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2011

I don't know......

ok, i don't think even i would play this i would consider looking at it before your kids do, i was about to play it but i decided to get on common sense before i check it for myself and start playing, thank u for common sense!
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

good for tweens and kids, but a BAD idea for kids and tots!!!!

the thing with this website is this: their is clubs, and regular members can access them. some people say things like " i sorta eat my discharge" and things like that. great for tweens and teens, but a BAD idea if you have small kids!
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

amazing website

i love it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMileyRayCyrusRo... April 14, 2011

It IS a good site. Monitor kids under 13!

Well the website is safe. I have a stardoll called StardollTester feel free to visit it. I found 1 inappropriate person while searching for a couple of mins. (WAY more than 1 if you look) her name is verydirtygirl if u dont like sexual talk/cybersex DONT visit people like that! There are also numerous inappropriate Clubs/Partys/Forums/Blogs/Stardolls/Presentations/Clothes!
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2011

Good for 5th grade and up.

OKay now the filters are okay, but they let the A word through, i know this because other people post the A word, not me because I don't cuss. Also the dress-up dolls they wear bras if you take all the clothes off, and cleverage is shown, Also some of the shirts can have some scary pictures on them but not too bad. This is a fun network, but if your 13 and under then you won't get acess to: adding friends joining clubs posting comments in guestbooks Having a guestbook posting comments anywhere The only way you can do this and your under 13 if you put a fake age or if you print out a permission slip, your parents has to sign and fax/mail to the stardoll company. *If your child knows the house number and doesn't know about "weird people, and hackers* then i do not suggest this because You can have a blog and an albumn which you *CAN* put numbers.
Adult Written byHelen6789 February 15, 2011

Need to make sure your kids are not doing bad things.

This website is awesome for tweens. You need to look and make sure that your kids are not putting personal info (State CITY phone number) My only thing is that you can buy skippy things to wear and dress in. Just have fun and shop with you child and first tell them right away what they can and cant do.If they dont follow the rules tell them if you dont stop them next time you can be on for 5 days (or week). If they get on before 5 days ban the website. (Just advise)
Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2011

This site is perfectly geared toward ages 7+ . There are some bad charecters and bad role models but not very many. If you are under 8 have a parent look at it and go on with you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNaya B. February 3, 2011

Ok, for a few years when I was around 10, 11, 12, I liked this websitee. It is fun and has some cool games, as well as taught me how important it was to save money (seeing that without money you couldnt buy clothes). But, I know from experience that many, many of the dolls are naughty and inapropriate about what they do and what they say. Parents need to be aware at what kids are putting on their profile pictures as well as their "information" box. As far as privacy goes, its pretty good. Unless you are flat out saying where you live and your house number I dont think kids ar at risk.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysingstar1123 February 1, 2011

PERFECT AMAZING LOVE ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

i love it use it all the the time! add me if ur reading this...user name...singstar1123
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2011

some bad stuff but if your mature you should be able to handle it
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011

I love this website! But since it's a free-chat website you can say whatever you want like cuss words. Other than that stardoll is a good website.