All member reviews for Stardoll

Dress-up doll fun with safe features for younger users.

Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011
I love this website! But since it's a free-chat website you can say whatever you want like cuss words. Other than that stardoll is a good website.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff January 17, 2011
Cool. It's probably more fun with the membership, though.
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2011

Lil kids might think its fun until the parents get nagged when they have to pay money.

Its fun but like, the paypal and all the other things you got to buy with your own money, limits kids from signing on. BUT OVerall you just dress celebritys up and save them in a album, and you play games and earn coins to buy your stardoll clothes. In order to be a superstar you got to pay money.
Kid, 9 years old January 15, 2011

Perfect for 6 and up

LOVE IT BEST SITE EVER Stop moping there are LOADS of good things for non superstar reccomend it for 6 up best site.So what thier are bikinis so what people talk bout s*x its fine just ignore stuff like a club called Virtual Chat it gets a bit naughty!!!!!!! not for li'l kids!!
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2011

Gimme $

Virtually worthless without money. Users talk about inappropriate things. Bad language on some peoples pages. Don't bother
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2011

Tries To Weedle Money Out Of You!

OK, so I had heard of Stardoll, so I decided to sign up. I had no idea that there were upgrades to Superstar, and I thought you could buy anything you wanted without being a Superstar but I was wrong. You had to become a Superstar to buy all items from all shops, sell your own clothes, buy second hand clothes, play all dress-up games, etc. However this isn't such a big problem, because Regular members can still buy some clothes, but the clothes they can buy are basic and limited. For example, a Regular member can't buy a posh evening dress or a piece of nice jewellery, but they could buy a plain black skirt, a white blouse, basic jeans etc. A Superstar member could buy all of that, including the dress and jewellery. OK, so you're probably thinking, "Well, upgrade to Superstar then!" Easier said than done. You have to pay to be a Superstar, and unless your family can afford it, then Stardoll can be quite dull, as Regular members have rather plain suites, while Superstars have all-sorts of interiors, decor etc. Also, regular members only earn 5 Stardollars a day (70 Stardollars a month), and guess what - 4 of those 5 Stardollars expire in a day! However, when you upgrade to Superstar, you get 200 Stardollars a month until your Superstar membership runs out, while poor Regular members only have 70 a month! I am very lucky because I am a Superstar with a lot of Stardollars but trust me, I have two accounts, one Superstar with a lot of Stardollars and one Regular with very little Stardollars. So, because I am a Superstar, I enjoy Stardoll, but while I am on my Regular account I don't. Stardoll also focuses mainly on things that only Superstars can buy or get too. By withdrawing things from Regular members that Superstar members can get, Stardoll is trying to get money out of you so you will become a Superstar, which is very sneaky, and in this respect I don't like Stardoll. There are also some inappropriate clubs with unsuitable content for the younger members of the site. However, the site sends out a nice message. You know, girly, glittery, celebs, fame, fashion and creativity, which is nice. The last thing I need to say is making friends and socializing with other members on Stardoll. If you are under 13, you can choose to Kidlock an account, which means you can't have a guestbook for other members to write messages in, and you can't join any clubs. But being a non-Kidlocked member isn't a problem either, because you can block or report any member who is being abusive. Hope I helped, I know it is a long review but I had a lot to say!
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2011

OK

I used to love it for a good while, had membership, but it gets boring after a while...
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2010

Perfect for older kids.

This site let's kids save up money and spend it on what they want. Some inappropriate clubs. But it's a very entertaining website, and I give it a thumbs up!
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2010

Medium

Some of the girls are dressed in just bras and underwear, and there is considerable product placement, but it's really fun.
Kid, 11 years old November 20, 2010

iffy on member ship

i play on stardoll but one of my concerns are that alot of the clothes,accessories,and furniture are for members i really hate it...SEARCH XxBlueBerrixX......i also hate how i cant add people as friends -_-+
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2010
Kid, 8 years old November 7, 2010
I think the dolls in dress up are to undressed in the beginning and the clothing dose not cover a lot.
Kid, 11 years old October 29, 2010
This is my fav website.It is so much fun! I don't think that little children can go on as some people write words with* in them,or replace a letter with another
Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2010

Fun, but expensive

I think it's a cool site that lets kid learn consumer stuff, but you have to pay in order to do the fun stuff. I think teenagers won't like it as much