All parent member reviews for Starfall.com

Educator and Parent Written byrpaditya May 20, 2011

good tool to learn letters and phonics

good for teaching mouse skills and has the right balance of incentives and rewards
Parent of a 4, 7, 9, and 11 year old Written byaasaints April 26, 2010

my son loves it

my son loves it so much
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byKZMama February 15, 2011

Both my three year old and kindergartner love this website!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byedguerrier May 7, 2009
Parent of a 2, 5, and 5 year old Written bypiatt lake April 6, 2009

Well Done

Simple to use, effective and fun. My experience is with five year old twins (Boy and Girl). I can't imagine a better 'learn to read' site. Well done.
Parent Written bypeacefulpup July 24, 2011

Teaches Letters & Numbers

LOVE this website. I started using it in my classroom and now I use it at home with my two year old. He loves going through the letters, numbers, sound machines, and games. Purchased the More Starfall subscription to use at home. My son says every day, "Let's do letters and numbers!!" (on starfall)
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byamosua April 12, 2011

i love it , my five year old boy who hate reading is learning now.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byhpitts May 10, 2010

Wonderful Phonics & Reading Educational Website!

Website you and your kids will love! I love that Starfall.com is free and easy for small children to navigate. My boys, now almost 4 & 6 have been playing games on this site for several years now. The content reinforces the letter recognition, phonics & reading skills I am trying to teach them. My 3-yr-old is starting to write and recognize short words. Yay Reading!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymellybean1226@h... December 10, 2009

This is a wonderful site that my 16 month old loves. It works very well on my slow laptop that I allow her to pound on. We have mostly used the young user information but she watches and tries to poke the screen to move on to the next section. There is some ASL information in the alphabet section and great little songs.
Educator and Parent of a 2, 6, and 8 year old Written byKittycat56 April 5, 2014

Don't bother.

AGGGGGGHH!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 29, 2012

starfall

here are numerous ways to encourage children of all ages to become and continue to be readers. Check out Common Sense Media's expert article on How to Get Your Kids Reading.
Parent Written byMutya April 8, 2012

Very Recommended.

It's a supplementary learning, with really entertaining activities that reinforce learning. Your kids chooses what they want, and learns. Although, there are no step by step learning guide like abcmouse, timefor learning, and or readingeggs. But FAR EDUCATIONAL ENTERTAINING than any site. I recommend this as a supplement to other online programs. In case your child gets bored to any other program, use starfall for a while and get back to you original program.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bypoorhaus January 26, 2012

5 Stars for Starfall

I encourage my 1st grade students to visit this site in our computer classes. It offers a variety of reading material on different levels from beginning phonics to tongue-twisters, plays, and poetry. The children enjoy clicking on the pictures to watch the characters sing, dance, or do magic tricks. If a child gets stuck on a word, he or she can click on it and a child's voice will pronounce the word while the syllables of the word are highlighted. There are sesonal activities, calendar activities, phonics games, and so much more! It is easy for six-year olds to navigate. You will be very pleased with this site.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byMaryKay January 26, 2012

Learning disguised as fun

An excellent, easy to use, and educational website you'll be happy your children visit.
Educator Written byTechTeacherElem December 16, 2011

Resourceful

It is excellent resource for primary students, and for a small fee you have access to extra content as well.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byCP Padre January 12, 2011

Perfect for beginning readers

Our two year old loves this website. My wife is a teacher and when the weather is bad she can sit with him for hours going through the stories over and over again. The lessons are portrayed in a way that, even at his age, he is able to grasp some of the concepts.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byckmidwife November 23, 2010

A Winner

This is one of our staple websites, a bit repetitive after a while but when cycled every few weeks the kids enjoy the activities.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bybarbee girl August 23, 2010

Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written bySchnauzer July 26, 2010

great for the pre-k k crowd

My five year old was introduced to this site at junior kindergarten and loves it so much he chooses it over other higher tech games.
Parent of a 4, 6, and 9 year old Written byAniF February 18, 2010

100% Wonderful.

Easy to use for pre-schoolers and pre-readers, no advertisements, interesting section on music history. This website has been a favourite in our house for years, and we have recommended it to our preschool too.This website is just about as PERFECT as perfect gets!