All parent member reviews for Starfall.com

Parent of a 3 year old Written byAmyluya November 5, 2009

Great for parent and child together, learning to read.

My son is 3 years old, and he really loves this site! He has always been enthralled with letters, so this is a perfect step towards reading for him. Each one of the 'books' has clickable words that sound them out so he can start to get the hang of that. However, it doesn't actually 'read' the pages to him. He much prefers the little movies and lessons along the way. This is definitely a website that younger children will love, but it is one that the parent needs to do with the child. Plus, there are fun little surprises if you click on the characters in the story pages!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byRachelNZ October 19, 2009

One of the best sites around

My children (4 & 6) love this site - and so do I. It's fun, interactive and educational. One of the best sites around.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymya_mom August 29, 2009

Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written bymskclandry April 8, 2009

We Love It!

I have a daycare and love this site for children ages 2 up to whatever! It has an ABC section that is easy enough for my 2 and 3 year olds to use and enjoy, but also offers much more for the older kids learning how to read!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

free reading help

I absence of an adult reading with a child, this is a great alternative to expensive reading toys. Allows child to read words they know as well as get help help sounding out words they don't know.
Adult Written byallisonpet April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Great Site... totally reccommend it!!!

this site is awesome for children to learn from and my son can play on it for hours! there are no links to other sites so you don't have to worry about your child accidentally browsing away from the site to find something they should not on the internet. It is good clean fun and very educational. the site was started by a man who is a DR. now but learned to read very late in life and does not want that to happen to any other kids. So he puts this website out there free of charge for children to enjoy and most of all it helps them learn to read!!! Awesome site!!!
Adult Written byjkstec8 April 9, 2008

A real help to afterschool literacy tutors!

As an afterschool literacy teacher, I was overjoyed to find this site! Many of my students need help sounding out words and moving through stories, but I just don't have the time to help each of them to read the stories that interest them. Many of the activities on www.starfall.com are just like having a tutor helping the student along, and even my most reluctant readers love to "play" with the interactive stories. A real find for an underfunded afterschool program!
Adult Written bynapple April 9, 2008

Great way to learn the ABCs and to read

I teach technology K-5. I started using this with my kindgergarteners to help them with some mouse control excercises while at the same time learning something. I then showed it to my four year old and he loved it. It is now something my almost 4 year old asks to do with me. The flash videos are engaging and the begging reading section has some great beginning sound exercises. It teaches some basic skills using technology to enhance and not be bells and whistles. I don't use it on any of my students above 1st grade as the content even on the higher "know how to read" can be too juvenile.
Adult Written byboxofws April 9, 2008

Parent of a 5 year old Written bysadiethompson April 9, 2008

Kindergartener Learning to Read

My daughter has just started Kindergarten, and she has taken a shine to the Starfall site. I am very pleased with the quality of materials, and the fun she has while experiencing the website. The PDF printables are also very cool. I try to give her Starfall printouts that are similar to what she is learning in school (today we are working on the letter B!)
Adult Written byknautel April 9, 2008

Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Great site for young readers at many levels

This is one of the websites that my son's 1st grade class goes to during computer class. He liked it so much that we bookmarked it at home. He is a fluent, above grade reader but it holds his interest and does the same for the less proficient readers in his class.