All member reviews for Teen Ink

Teen, 14 years old Written byoriginality95 March 15, 2010

Writers and Readers Will LOVE!

I found out about Teen Ink from my local library. I love reading their magazine, and submitting my own work on their website. I'm also on their Student Advisory Board, and am glad to have such a great website to head to to read other teens writing, and post my own. It's a very safe website, that I trust when using. I don't find any problems with the work, occasionally you'll see a swear word, or something "sexually" related but the writing is very well thought out and for the most part positive. I definitely recommend The website and the magazine!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAubrey123 January 10, 2010

What don i do on this web site
Teen, 14 years old Written bymorganllong16 January 5, 2010

Teen, 16 years old Written byskyscoops March 21, 2013

LEARNING

Rather Disappointing

I am a sixteen year old teenage girl who recently signed up for teenink, so this review is from the perspective of a child who does use teenink. I started writing seriously from tumblr, and I have to say tumblr's writing community and such is much more welcoming than teenink's writing community, in my personal experience. I wanted to sign up for teenink because I thought it would be "more legitimate" in case I wanted to showcase my writing in college apps, as saying that I have a "tumblr writing blog" does not seem much. I gained certain amount of fame and praise from other tumblr followers, and followed people on tumblr who had really good writing. Unfortunately for me, I found that submitting my writing articles take a while, and once they are submitted online, rarely do they ever get commented. I think this is because not many articles are commented on, and are featured on the certain sections on teenink. My 3 articles so far have 0 comments and 0 ratings. Articles that are featured in magazines or are extremely creative (in some ways) are the ones that get most of the feedback. In these cases, I'm extremely disappointed and am probably going to use tumblr more for writing as it has much more creativity in it. I do not recommend using teenink only for writing purposes, because I personally believe there are better writing communities out there where people do appreciate each individual writer. Other than that, I do find the safety/privacy of teenink secure, but people may be a little rude if you go on the forums (although I have not seen this much, but the debates on religious topics can get feisty).
Teen, 14 years old Written byDEADMOUSE May 7, 2014

LEARNING
I LIKE IT!!!!!!!! XD
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatherinekitty September 3, 2013

Fun site

Teenink is an online forum where you can share your art, writing, and videos. You can get feedback on the forums and chat with other teens. Though the forums have filters, there can be sexual references and obscenities on the forums and in the writing, so it really is just for teens. However, it is a very fun site, I have an account, I recommend
Teen, 16 years old Written byinvisiblehiddengirl April 11, 2012

I LOVE TEEN INK

I love this website. I post my poems on there a lot and people can comment on it. I love teen ink a lot if i never knew about it my life would be very different
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2012

Teninks Family

Hey. I chose this name beause it is the same as my teenink one. I get on teenink and I love it. You post your writing and get open and honest reviews. I am a poet and people comment on my stuff honestly, and say that it's good. You can even chat with other teens. This is a site ONLY for teenagers. My boyfriend gets on, his friends get on. Teenink is a site for teens to post their writing, talk about problems and just randomly talk to our big happy "family." I hope you let your children join because we welcome new members with warm welcomes and tell who we are, our ages, and about us. Then we ask about them.Thank you.