Creative outlet for budding novelists has wide range.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 July 15, 2010

it's fun and interesting

It's good for those with writing talent, or those who don't but want to try anyway. For younger kids, the site will make you confirm your age on stories marked R in their ratings. Like youtube, this can be cheated. But, the site still tries. Stories can be dark and adult, or it can by fun for kids. Swearing isn't allowed, but people do anyway. Actually, I've got a story going on Textnovel right now, and I'm still working at it. Like youtube, there's a great vareity with the content of the stories. Thing is, you have to read to find yout what. For parents of children who can't sit still, this may be a lucky break.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfire eater March 2, 2012

I great place to become a better writer.

A really great selection of stories to read and practice writing. You get reviews by other writers and become a better writer. I love Textnovel.
Teen, 16 years old Written byxheartbeat July 14, 2011
Writing is something that I'll always love and possibly make a profession out of and I really did love this site when I found out about it. Seeing all the other kids out there with similar talents when it comes to writing, getting inspiration for your own or just enjoying other's works from afar is really a nice online environment.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRosebud95 July 12, 2010

Cool Site!

I never used it, but I think might want to register cuz it seems really cool. There are some inappropriate stories so u could just not read them. I like it that they have ratings for stories (R, PG-13 etc) But other than that, it's looks really cool!
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2010

Nikko Thinks ...

I LOVE this Websites it's for writers like me i also like how they make rating in it like G P-G it makes it really safe so you don't go into Iky stuff
Teen, 16 years old Written bybriskniji July 6, 2010

Anyone can write

I think it's a great idea so kids can express themselves in the way they recognize by texting. I've trying to write a novel recently I'll check it out myself. But the only "bad" thing is what the author writes about it can be innocent or little more adult it doesn't matter.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bymycounsel January 12, 2010

Updates to Site to Make it Even More Family Friendly

There are some great comments on the review. One thing we are implementing this week is restrictions on R rated stories to help protect younger teens and children -- no one will be able to see those stories unless they verify they are 17 or older. I have children of my own, including a 16 year old, and I want to make sure that I would be comfortable with my own daughter using the site without my supervision. Thanks for the helpful and positive review and if you have any more ideas for us, let us know. Stan Soper Founder Textnovel.com
Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger January 8, 2010

An excellent site; Can be as good or as bad as the story being read.

I personally love this site. It allows me and teens like me to get into writing books and stories, and is very similar to fictionpress.com, except that it's newer and has more features. It's educational, encourages freedom of thought and expression, and has a very kind circle of authors and other users who will give you constructive criticism. In other words, this is writer heaven. Of course, stories are allowed to contain anything (and often do) but the site provides a ratings system that helps the reader determine what is and is not appropriate for a particular age group. Overall, I can say nothing bad about this site. This is where an author is born.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byReader72 January 1, 2010

Perfect for 13 and up

I love this site! Most social networks are a waste of time. This one helps young people learn to write and think critically.
Parent of a 4, 11, 12, 13, 15, and 16 year old Written by7mom7 December 23, 2009
My 16 year old loves it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshlleey December 22, 2009

Starting off

I lovve this idea. i think its a greeatt way for begainner (sorry can't spell) to start off. Cause i beileve it's very hard to get into being an author. but yes WONDERFUL idea:D