All member reviews for There

3-D virtual world can be creative, inappropriate.

Adult Written byBobbi62 May 4, 2009

An adult perspective

There.com is billed as a site for teens, but there are plenty of adults who spend time in here. It's a large enough world, with enough different places waiting to be colonised, that adults who want to create a calm oasis in which to chill and caht can freely do so away from the teenage party areas. For me it's a way to relax away from the pressures of real life, and I've made virtual friends with people from all round the world. Great. Of course, escapism has other interesting sides. I can be whoever and (more-or-less) whatever I want in the There.com world. So I can have a wonderful waterside home with fields and mountains out the back; and the cost of renting the space and buying the goods is likely to feel modest to a middle-aged person. On the other hand - I could pretend to be a teenager (which I'm definielt not) - and so the usual precautions about on-line safety that you'd apply to MSN or Bebe are still important.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypascal April 9, 2008

u need real money for virtual items

game revolves around money-u buy it and how rich you are in the game
Parent of a 6 and 15 year old Written byDOLLY18 February 11, 2011

dont work

A great way to kill the boardom.

Ok... This is getting a bit out of hand. Let da K-man breaggitdown Sex-nothing explicit. Kissing and thats all. Of course, there's always talking.... Violance- Running over people and shooting people. You cant die, and your guy comes out totally unscathed. The guns are unreallistic but can be made to look real. And even though there only paint guns, thay will send you FLYING!!! Language-If you leave your chat filter on, its all good. But voice chatters are a different story. Social Behavior- If your nice, people will like you. If you're an A-hole, you'll get the heck shot out of ya. You can drink, but you cant get staggering wasted or anything. I /---- I I I I I I I ____/ out of 10
Kid, 9 years old November 12, 2013

Fine for 18+

NOT FOR KIDS AT ALL! All they care about is the money.I tried it.To play,you have to pay $0.50 or $5.00 for a trial.A TRIAL,PEOPLE! Other that this,I'd recommend IMVU or Gaia Online.To play this,I recommend 18+.