Free reign for kids' creativity -- browse with caution.

Parent Written bymel5874 April 23, 2014

Approach with caution

Appalling bad company! Website was fantastic - very easy to use and produced amazing cartoons - however, their customer service was beyond bad! THREE TIMES uploaded money to their site as I wished to purchase hi-res versions of the cartoon I produced for my degree - but each time the money did not register and despite trying to contact them through their website, by email, through paypal and over the telephone - I am $30 out of pocket - have no cartoon, am unable to complete my paper. At the moment, I have made 37 attempts to contact them through various methods to either get my money back or access my cartoon - but each attempt to contact has been ignored. PLEASE APPROACH THIS COMPANY WITH CAUTION!
Adult Written bynohtr March 31, 2015

Toondoo (and why it not to use it)

So recently, i have had the "pleasure" of using Toondoo for a school project. I simply had to make a 3 panel comic. Nothing to worry about, right? Wrong. The creation tools are buggy and spastic, the shapes and various things you can place are random, annoying, and largely useless, and the website misregistered my "rotate" as a "delete" and deleted the contents of the comic twice. Aside from that, many of the shapes have no place on the site. Political party symbols, various brand symbols, etc. Overall, it was grating and thoroughly unpleasant. Coming from someone who has significant experience with computers, and sadly, comics (shoutout to all the teachers who make us do comics), i'd just keep looking for another site.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThomas_Braun77 February 5, 2015

Worst experience ever!

If ever you were thinking about using this tool, don't bother. It took me 2 hours to connect because the website was so slow. It wasn't my internet because all the other websites ran fine. This is a horrible website.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFUCKMYLIFE March 8, 2016

toondoo the truth

sucks slow unresponsive and a total waste of time not to mention a scam would rather draw this shit out on paper
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaySanchez November 26, 2015

Barely works

The idea of being able to make your own comic is really amazing and it is often used by teachers to get children to transfer their knowledge in a creative way. However in Toondoo it is practically impossible to make something better than a generic two 4 panel comic. Anything beyond that crashes, most saves do not work, images cannot be imported, the character maker works once in a full moon and it automatically published your work to the Toondoo community unless you disable that- however younger children might not see that option. Just stick to good old paper and pen since this is the creation of the devil itself. Hope I saved some of you from the hours of frustration I had to go through!