All member reviews for TrevorSpace

Social network provides support for LGBTQ teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrachellem April 28, 2012

Good Positive Website for LGBTQ/PFLAG

I have an account on trevorspace. I completely disagree with the review stating there is no moderation and that the members are all suicidal. I have yet to come across ONE person who is currently suicidal. I have met a few who used to be, including myself, and have gotten over it. Everyone I have met has given out positive stories, encouragement, and has been very kind. It is simply a safe website to get to know people who have been through things other LGBTQ/PFLAG can relate to. If there is a person who does not seem nice, you simply don't contact them, and if they contact you, you ignore it. The reason I put sex as one of the things to know is because some people on trevorspace are looking for dating in addition to friendship. I have not encountered any "sex talk" but I do know people who are in relationships with people they met on trevorspace. Nothing I have seen has been innapropriate, they are very good at moderating the content of the website. I hope this helped!
Parent Written bySupportiveMom100 March 12, 2012

TrevorSpace: What Your Kids Won't Tell You

Years ago, I used to use this site daily. The cool kids on it are the ones who have the most cam sex with others they meet on it and many older users (with fake ages) use the site to meet underaged boys while their parents are at work or away. I met an 11-year-old on there who was having sex with men in their 20's from the site, and doing it quite frequently. Moderators are biased since they were members of the community and tend to allow violations from their friends and punish those they don't like. Most of the posts are quite negative and it only encourages negativity and a dangerous level of promiscuity (read your child's private messages!)
Teen, 17 years old Written byiceywarm1 February 21, 2014

Trevor Space

Trevor Space is for LGBT Children. The safety is excellent!
Adult Written bylinguistic_lemon December 7, 2014

Wonderful

This website is wonderful. It gave me a place to turn to when I had no one else. The community on Trevor Space is safe and loving, and we all support one another. I recommend it for any LGBT+ youth, struggling or not.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMooCowLovesYou July 11, 2014

Useful

If you want to come out to people before friends or family you can and with a lot of support
Teen, 16 years old Written bythinkofthechildren16 December 14, 2014

A must for any LGBTQ youth

LGBTQIAP youth are at higher risk than any other demographic for mental illnesses, bullying, and suicide, and here is a sight that directly combats that. It's a completely positive environment where every person who signs on is verified. Registration requires photo identification (that is not published unless you want it) and administrative approval. Groups exist for everyone, and every person is welcome no matter their gender or sexuality orientation. Of course, since it's for teens every one is responsible for their own language and behavior, but nothing younger teens shouldn't be able to handle.
Adult Written byurufu November 16, 2014

Great site for anyone in need of an ear to listen to them

As a user of the site for a couple years now, I'm well aware of both upsides and downsides to the site. But all in all, it serves it's main purpose well and that's giving youths, especially teens with no one in-person they can talk to, a place to go where they can get advice from others without judgement. It was created to help give suicidal, depressed, and/or bullied kids a support network so they know they're not alone in this world, even when things seem bad. The users support each other, share experiences, and send positivity to each other who are down. The site is a safe place where (most) users respect each others beliefs and differences. It's also a nice place to make friends who are going through similar situations or who share interests with each other. Since the main job of the admins is keeping users safe and the site clean, there's a few rules in place to help achieve that. The admins monitor the site almost daily to deal with any inappropriate content, answer questions, and make sure the site isnt deteriorating into chaos. Some users tend to help out with this to make the admin's job easier and spread around information for new users to learn how to use the site sooner. The site is run by the Trevor Project and they really do care about their users. When alerted to someone who may be in danger of committing suicide, in abusive situations, or a minor becoming homeless, they will do what they can to make sure that kid gets help. They dont want users getting hurt. On an end-note, I do want to address that "Awful" review. As someone who was present for the multiple situations caused by that user, I can say for a fact she was never bullied. She was the one who was harassing and flipping out on other users cus she took a difference in opinions as a personal attack. Anyone who tried to reason with her was met with the same hostility. The admins actually banned her multiple times, eventually letting her back for a another chance, then banned her again for causing more chaos. They really had no choice but to boot her due to her unsavory behavior. So please, nobody use that review as an accurate representation of the going ons of that site. The admins are very fair when it comes to dealing with the users causing problems, they also examine the entire situation and everyone involved so they can make an unbiased decision. Users have to do something pretty big to get banned, usually they just give warnings or temporary suspension, and anyone with an IP address ban usually has that lifted after some time. Also, it's rare for something like this to happen on the site. As previously state, most users are very respectful of each other. Something like this only happens once, maybe twice a year. So really, it's a great site for anyone under 25 who wants to connect with more LGBTQ+ folks and allies, give/get advice, and just get random discussions going for fun.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShawnsuks June 22, 2015

Great resource

The site requires you to have your pictures moderated before posting, which takes about a day. There are groups to join for many different sexualities and genders, and just for fun stuff. I recommend every lgbtqia+ teen joins.
Written byAnonymous December 15, 2013

Awful

TrevorSpace treated me poorly when I was getting bullied. They even cost some of my friends their life. They suspended my account and banned my IP. I emailed them and they just ignore me. I recommend www dot gayboook dot com as they actually care. TrevorSpace: So much for "helping" people. Do NOT even bother with TrevorSpace, they are indeed evil and should be sued to the bloody ground.