All parent member reviews for Webkinz

Parent of a 7 year old Written bybella51302 August 22, 2009

its perfect

i think its very educational and they should just keep improving it cause my daughter just loves webkinz even more every day
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bymamakit August 6, 2009

I do not think this site teaches anything useful. A the same time I do not think it teaches anything bad. It has been a strong point in my house to say, "If this is how you want to spend your allowance that is up to you." My daughter has several Webkinz and for this reason my younger son wants them. He is not really old enough for the site and cannot navigate it. My daughter and I help him to do his daily stuff when he wants on there. Mostly he just loves the stuffed animal. There are all these negative comments about how it promotes gambling and spending. There is a lesson in everything and I take every oppotunity to teach my children.
Parent of a 5, 12, and 12 year old Written byscoccermom22 July 15, 2009

Lots of money but its worth it

As a mom i end up spending 80 to 100 dollars a month on webkinz but all in all my 6th grade girls going in 7th love them
Parent of a 10 and 25 year old Written byHansi10 July 14, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

Good
Parent of a 8, 11, and 13 year old Written by2442hayhay2442 June 13, 2009

GREAT!

I have three kids, 8, 11, and 13. Jamie, 8, loves is she knows how long to play and i think its a great site. Steph, 13, got boired about age 10. Sophie, 11, is starting to stop playing. But over all i like the site.
Educator and Parent of a 6, 8, 24, and 24 year old Written bytamarari May 13, 2009

Wonderful website for elementary school children!

This company fosters creativity and imagination by having children actually purchasing the 'real' animal, then creating there own imaginary world in which their pet can live. They learn to care for their pet. The learn fiscal responsibility. The learn games. They even learn how to garden. It's the one thing my kids can do on the computer that I can relax and not have to worry about.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byboatingfamily4ever May 11, 2009

This is a great site for every kid. Younger kids may need some help. But i would say it is for 7 and up. But now they have Webkinz junior for the little ones! But this website really does have some great learning games fro kids of all ages, but some would be tricky for some kids. Such as a some of the typing and math fact games. Parents might want to wait till kids are about 9 or so to let them go on kinzchat plus though. It is an online chat room with strangers that may not be a good idea for some kids. But this is great site for your kids as long as it doesn't get addicting!
Adult Written byBOOSHYLOO1 March 24, 2009

Ok, pretty good

This game is only for 5 to 10 year olds. As soon as you get older you get bored of it. It is very save and now swearing or racial or sexual language. Games are boring though.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bysaacnmama January 3, 2009

ugg.

Webkins is all about scoring points. They can be used to 'buy' things for your animal, or you can just rake 'em in for bragging rights. (My son is sitting on over 8000). The point is 'more is more'. There is no option to share or to donate anything to anyone. The so-called 'learning' corners do not promote useful kinds of thinking; it is all straight-up factoids with no time or need for critical thinking skills. The language employed is very basic, with no 'stretching' of my 6-yr-old's vocabulary. The site clearly employs clever psychologists. The 'pet' angle keeps my son logging in, things change just enough to suck him back in over and over. I play some of the games with him, because I think it's important for me to be in his media world. They are mindless timewasters; my son invents strategy to make up for what they lack. The only reason I give it any positive rating is the games section that has battle ship, checkers, and other games not invented by the kinz crew that can develop thinking skills. I hate this site and hate disagreeing so with my son over something he likes so much. (He has said 'Webkinz is my passion'--but he didn't learn that phrasing there!) I have left the 'youngest age' option at 2, because I think some people might really be giving these stuffed animals to kids that young.
Adult Written bydanica1802@hotm... April 9, 2008

iuooooog

6frgbv yhghbh hjbh hgjhjhghjjh
Parent of a 8 year old Written bykarenkonigsberg April 9, 2008

Great website!

My 7-year-old son loves both the games and the responsibilities of taking care of his Webkinz. It's fun and educational at the same time. I highly recommended it.
Adult Written bysuznsax April 9, 2008

Fun website but may become addicting

This is a fun website but it encourages kids to spend an inordinate amount of time online (the more you play the more KinzCash you earn) and buy (read: beg Mom for) more Webkinz plush toys offline. Certainly not an afterthought on Webkinz' part. Much like the Beanie Baby craze, kids quickly want more and more and can't seem to have enough. Be prepared to set limits (online time and # of Webkinz) early on.
Adult Written bycjmason April 9, 2008

Adult Written byJmase April 9, 2008

It will cost you

It is a very cute site, but my kids are begging for more of the animals. It can get costly. There is a link to it on Zilladog.com which also has links to Club Penguin and other kid friendly sites.
Adult Written bySulyn April 9, 2008

Adult Written bypollyester123 April 9, 2008

AWESOME! GOOD FOR KIDS

Webkinz is an investment toy! It gives kids a chance to use the computer, and it gives kids the responsibility to keep a pet healthy and totally taken care of. You need to play the (educational and fun) games to earn the Kinzcash to buy food and necessary items to care for your pet. A mother I met told me that her son had learned to read because she didn't have the time to sit with him while he played. Imagine?!
Adult Written byhihihihihihihhihi April 9, 2008

A must!

Webkinz is one of the greatest games on the Internet. You get to play as a plush toy who is very furry and exciting in many ways. You get a secret code on your plush toy. Very, Very, Very, Very fun and exciting!
Adult Written byaxs April 9, 2008

Ripoff

It can take forever to re-enter the site once you've established a membership.
Adult Written by208turtlern April 9, 2008

Pretty cool stuff but----

We were only able to get on the site once - it is slow to up load and the site has been down the last 5 days. I think the animals and the interactive website is much more healthier for the kids than playing other video games - it allows them to use their MINDS and IMAGINATION!!!! So fix the site in proper working order!!!!!!
Adult Written bysoccerkutie54321 April 9, 2008

Great!

I think that Webkinz is a great website. And also teaches little ones to care for their pets. It has a controlled speach chat. Your pet gets ill if not taken care of, and that teaches that you need to have responsibilities for animals.