All member reviews for Webkinz

Virtual world for real toys with many ads pushing more toys.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypiefan911 November 15, 2011

The Cute Money Thiefs! Be Careful

I was friends with someone who was addicted to Webkinz for about 2 years. During those years, tons of new Webkinz catched her interest, and she purchased about 60 Webkinz. Just saying, each pet commonly costs about $15.00, Littlekinz being $13.00. After that time period, she completely stopped, and all of the money invested was wasted, for each pet only gives you a year. This website is fun for a while, but easily can get boring and no longer amusing. Now, Webkinz became even more rediculous; the new Deluxe membership takes even MORE cash from your pocket, with "rare" or "exclusive" pets, clothes or items. More items have been made for the plush verison of the pet, and takes another several bucks from you. Now, their games- some are a lot like casino slots, and some are typing or word educational games. What a mix- you can never be sure which catagory will atract your child. Overall, this website can have a postive or negative impact. It's kind of like a gamble; I would depend on if your child is in touch with common sense or not. But, just be certain that you will loose hundreds to Ganz's Webkinz World.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycarbug1998 January 28, 2011

Any Age!

This site is just lovely! My child has one and I rust her on it! Quite delightful! So much better than club penguin, that site is wrong!
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2011

Realtively Safe, but Commercial

I'm 12 years old, and my little sister has an account on Webkinz. It's safe for her age, but the sensors for chat are a bit TOO protected, and the same applies to the Webkinz theatre, an item in webkinz. However, it is completely safe. Sadly, it's awfully commercial. There are tons of advertisements. When my sister signs in, there are advertisements around the whole screen, and some of them aren't appropriate. The e-store is also ridiculous. They expect you o pay prices ranging from 2 to 60 dollars for virtual items. I would not want to waste 35 dollars on a virtual Christmas stocking! I think Webkinz is safe, besides the ads, but limiting and commercial.
Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2011

watch out for free chat in clubhose of webkinz

well, i have to admit once i have said something rude to some body on free chat on webkinz but i got five more chances said it once more in what i said in a year i got banned off free chat for a month i have to say webkinz never really "bans" you for good because you paid money for those toys it is quite safe for people not in free chat in the club house, but sometimes if you get a boy friend on there ( witch is very easy you just say "want to be my boy 'clicks enter' friend? 'clicks enter' ) sometimes they will try to have sex with you it's happened to me but i said "eww no!" and still got banned> but if you trust your kid enough you can use free chat< but any where else of webkinz is very nice safe and cool. :)
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2011

ok i guess

pretty fun for younger kids.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2011

Good, but with pressure to buy more toys

It's a good fun site that kids kids will probably enjoy until they are 13 or 14, but it used to force you to repeatedly buy pets to play. Now they let you still go on, but there is a lot of mentions of buying more and more pets.
Kid, 9 years old August 14, 2011

its ok

Boring but on for 5 (I used to play it) I think that its kind unsafe you could have anybody on there
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2011

Love it!

I've had a site since I was in 2nd grade and I still love it! I go into the clubhouse in kinzchat plus (free typing w/ strict filter) and only once has there ever been a person be able to get through. It's kinda slow and I do miss the old site but it is still awesome. The ads are for other Webkinz products and movies like Hop or Smurfs. It's a nice site that is worth the money. But most of what I have against the site is the fact that they changed almost everything, but of course doesn't matter if you haven't joined. =]
Kid, 9 years old August 6, 2011

Popping

I love webkinz . It is awesome but the only problem is when I log on sometimes some of my items just pop up around the screen and I can`t get them back in my dock
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2011

webkinz is stupid!

its really stupid and boring and prices for webkinz are 15.oo dollars to 40.oo dollars EXPENSIVE!!!!!!! WEBKINZ IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

This game rules!

awesomeness! this smokes those other junk websites like club penguin and free realms and wizard 101 and that stuff. Very fun!
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

I liked it when I was younger...

Awesome website when I was younger. I looooved Webkinz, but now I would like a more social-networking like website that's not as dangerous as Facebook.
Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2011

This is a KIDS site!!!!

This is a kid friendly, educational site. These reviews are very confusing, though. I've never seen where anything violence, sexual, or language got on this sight. There are things like chat plus where you can type to each other, but I believe these things can be turned off. Extremally educational.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2011

good but has some money issues

i think that webkinz is fine for pretty much anyone just in case u know how 2 use a computer. the things that u can purchase is webkinz plush animals and a deluxe membership. when u have a deluxe membership, u can buy a different kind of coin with real money and purchase special deluxe items. (clothes, furniture, etc.)
Teen, 13 years old Written bybadreviews567 June 22, 2011

its ok

i used to play it they changed it but its still not good the webkinz stadium has a fee to enter 25 kinzcash not worth it kinzchat plus has the worst rules i have ever seen you can get banned from it easily you dont get full membership the games are bad but its still ok
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2011

Really fun!

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE! even if i am 10 years old. I think it is really good. One problem though, you have to buy a $15 pet in real life to activate an account. If you dont get a new webkinz in a year, then your account expires and to activate it again then you have to get another webkinz. But it is worth it! FUN!
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2011

Webkinz!

It's very educational for all ages you get to take care of pets and practice being a good parent by feeding, making sure they are happy, and you get to make sure they're cared for
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2011

Fun!

Awesome! It's the best place to be online!
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2011

good for all ages!!

i love webkinz! it's the best site ever! they have really cute webkinz plush pets. i love this site. :)
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2011

Fun, safe AND better!

I love it! The Deluxe account package is sooooo worth it! If you get the $45 one, you can add 5 oter accounts for ONLY $5! Also, you only need to buy one webkinz in order to have an account. BUT if you'd like even MORE kinz-yness, you can still get more webkinz! Worth your money, will keep kids busy all day if you want them to.