All member reviews for Webkinz

Virtual world for real toys with many ads pushing more toys.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNoahutnoa091470 June 25, 2015

X-Webkinz Lover

Get ready to spend money. This one of a kind website makes you feel very cheap unless you are ready to crank out money for a monthly membership. I started my membership in 2007 and fell in love with it. 8 years later, nearly everything that excited me about the website now requires a member AFTER I already bought a stuffed animal. Through these last few years, I have seen less than 4 new games/activities/ideas. And now, you must have a deluxe membership if you want to train your animal to go to a tournament (1 of the cool things it used to have), or play exciting games. And the games that do work lag so much you can get past 5 seconds of it because the greedy money bags at corporate had to put 3-4 advertisements on everypage that slows down everything. In addition to the slow website and the overall cheapness of the company, it is very easy for your kids to go onto the Ganz online store (which requires actual US dollars) and purchase something without your knowing. The constant and flashy advertisements for the Webkinz deluxe memberships can easily lure in your child to simply click 3-4 buttons and make a mistake that will cost you. I'm sure this website is a great one filled with joy and happiness as long as you are willing to pay more money after you spent money for the "Basic" membership. I surely hope webkinz and ganz is glad for all these new changes, but they just lost myself and many other valuable customers. Don't fall for their tricks.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinter54389 June 23, 2015

used to be better

Webkinz used to be way better, but now is all based on ads and money. There are so many ads on the screen while playing and you can barely play anything without needing to buy a membership. Finally, the website is very laggy and thats quite annoying.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2015

The Price of Webkinz

I think webkinz is a great, fun game. I love quizies corner (though on my computer sometimes it doesn't work). The only problem is that when you buy a webkinz you get 1 year of half a membership, then you have to either go on for free (you can't really do much) or buy a new webkinz, or a dulex membership. For example, I know several people get a new webkinz every Christmas so they can keep the account. For dulex i think you pay a little monthly, but you automatically get estore points every month and a pet when you sign up. Overall, this site is great for kids 7-10 and younger if they go on with parents. Older kids may loose interest. I only go on to model my house and to take the quizzes at the corner.
Adult Written by.-. May 22, 2015

Changed

This company has changed. Look back 5 years ago. Webkinz was an enjoyable game, easily accessed and with hardly any limitations. Back to the present: they're only in it for the money. Just look at the membership. First, you spend upwards of $20 just for some useless plushie with a code that leads to the virtual pet. Then, on a page littered with ads, they constantly remind you of the availability of a "Deluxe Membership" which essentially renders the game useless if you haven't purchased the over-expensive pass. Don't even start on the e-store, the prices for coins are insane. So, let's say you surpass all of the crap for the start. The game itself is decent, though really holding no educational value. It does, however, hold a slight resemblance to many gambling machines. The block on the chat is okay, though there will always be someone who gets by and posts an inappropriate message. As for the safety? I can't say that I've experienced too many bad hacks, but there have been many stories of those who have had their entire game destroyed. As a long-term player and once dedicated fan, I can fully advise that you don't even attempt to leap into the money-sucking pool that this game has turned into.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnvironment May 6, 2015

I got a Webkinz account when I was seven, and at age 13 I occasionally still go on. The games are really fun and there are many things to do on the site that are completely safe for kids. The only downfall is that now you have to be a member for many things to do.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2015

Used to be 100x better!

Back in about 2007, the online game was great! I had so much fun. Now, there are SO many ads, and plus, the website wants you to buy the stuffed animal AND get an extra Deluxe Membership to play the game. That is ridiculous to be paying so much for an online game. If your kid is a little younger than me, they would probably enjoy it more, but prepare to have your kids be bugging to get a Deluxe Membership!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byThecoffeeowl224 February 6, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byfr3nchy10001 December 25, 2014

Not that good

When I was a little younger I loved Webkinz, and that was a little before they introduced deluxe memberships. Now you can't do anything on Webkinz anymore and its stupid all they want is more money from kids and there parents. Just like every other website out there.
Kid, 10 years old September 10, 2014

im 10 i used to love webkinz but know i have outgrowed it

when i was 3-8 i loved webkinz safe and clean web site know they have free accounts i still have all my webkinz
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2014

Webkinz is Awesome!

Webkinz is all about helping and friendship. It really helps my mood.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeenagersAreAwesome July 20, 2014

Wonderful Webkinz Website

I love this website! It's such a cute website! I still play on it. It's the best website for youngsters! Here, I love it so much, here's a link. www.webkinz.com There's no violence/scariness, sex, swearing, drinking/drugs/smoking,and kids have LOTS of privacy and safety. Kids do learn quite a bit as well, such as in Quizzy's, they answer questions about school subjects. They also learn about money, such as saving it. Thank you for your time and I hope I helped!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylove life 13 June 27, 2014

webkinz

I like the game but with new update you can't do almost anything it is like so silly i can't go out and buy items anymore and i can't move my things around in order to do this i have to pay for a deluxe member ship which cost $6.00 just for 1 month you get very little things for spending $6.00 a month. But like I said the game is overall fun and I have been playing it for 4-5 years now!!!
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDaisykinzville May 17, 2014

Wonderful games, My children love it!

I think this is a wonderful way for kids to play! My daughter loves it, and she never wants to get off, and she can't stop talking about it! I highly recommend it!!!! :D
Teen, 17 years old Written byHumphrey Loves Kate April 14, 2014

The Webkinz Economy

Hey everyone, I've been reading several reviews here on Webkinz.com, the site of which I have been a member since 2008, and I've found a lot of negative reviews from adults with a lot of positive reviews from the kids. So I thought I'd add my view on this, since I've begun to play on the site again in a nostalgic way. I practically grew up as a Webkinz member in my latter years from 12 years old to now, at 17, so I've seen most of the changes in its lifetime. The main drawback that I see from users (or rather, parents of users) here is the site's promotion of consumerism. First off, I wish to establish that Webkinz is a product and you, by using it, are dubbed as a consumer. Therefore, from a business standpoint, of course Webkinz will promote consumerism because that is how they stay in business. Pretty black and white if you ask me. Of course, many parents are worried about their children falling victim to extreme consumerism. Before you allow your child to play Webkinz, or as time progresses, just remind your child that Webkinz is just a game as well as a store, and that stores want customers to buy things. If your kid wants something else from Webkinz, make them get their own job at YOUR Employment Office and pay them a small sum only when they do the full job and do it well. I got five bucks a week guys, and only if I did every single chore on my weekly list. (I was so underpaid, haha. But I learned dollar value.) The value of a Webkinz dollar, or KinzCash, may be an economist's nightmare on inflation, but you can teach your kids the real value of a dollar in the real world through hard work and earning what you want. I believe that's called capitalism, which is the opposite of consumerism. Not only will you end up teaching children a beginning part of economics, but you'll also show them that they can't just have everything handed to them, and in the real world, there's hard work before a reward. This leads me to my next topic. From a few reviews I saw, it almost sounds like some actually expect a virtual reality game to teach real life principles and if the game doesn't then it's pointless. People. It's a game. If it were just like reality, it wouldn't be any fun. I saw one person saying you only have to do about two minutes of work and you get a lot of money. Well come on, really, if your kid had to get an 8 hour job on the computer to take care of their pet like in real life, would anyone actually play that?! Nope. It's supposed to be fun! Let the game be the game and real life be real life. In the end, you're responsible for teaching your kids, not some computer game. Any "educational game" is merely a tool to help make learning a little more fun than traditional public education. I'd also like to briefly touch on the arcade which many think is gambling. Not really. There's only two games that provide an abnormal amount of KinzCash by chance and probability, and you can only play those games once a day. Plus, gambling is betting an asset, like cash, in hopes of a larger return with very small odds of a giant return. (I like to think of it as blind investing.) None of the games in the arcade require KinzCash to play. So it's not really gambling. It's just playing a game and getting paid a little to do it. The arcade is also the lowest income source, on average, in Webkinz world. Just remember this is a game guys. It's not real life, nor is it meant to teach you everything about real life. To finish my review, which has now become an essay, I'll quickly discuss on Webkinz "costing a lot of money." Actually, it isn't as horrible as it once was. You used to have to adopt a pet every year at least or they threatened to delete your account. I assume they got a real bad rap on that with kids thinking their Webkinz would die and all. My account is still there and I haven't adopted since 2009. It's 2014. Deluxe Membership is a curse and a blessing. It's good because it allows Webkinz to make money while still letting players who haven't adopted into Webkinz world. It's bad because it makes kids feel like their missing out, and we all know kids of all people HATE being left out. But, one word. Moderation. When you go out and buy a car, you probably don't get the most expensive model there with the most options on it, do you? Not unless that's what you really want and what's best for you. Same with Webkinz. Show your kids that having fun is not all about spending money and buying everything. Just because there's all the Deluxe Membership and eStore points available doesn't mean you have to get it in order to have fun. And again, if your child really does want that, make them work for it to realize how much they really want it. You could also say they need to think about it for a while. Whenever I saw something at a store that I really wanted, my parents would always tell me that I needed to think about it for a little while. If, after a few days, I really did want it, then I was allowed to go back to the store to purchase it, with a little help from mom and dad if it was really expensive (however, whenever I did get help, I almost always was put "on credit" and expected to pay back what I had borrowed.) You can see that this would definitely make me want to save my money, so when I found something I really liked and wanted I would have enough funds to buy it. So when I became a teen and had my own job at $7 an hour, not only did I feel super rich making in an hour what formerly took me a week and a half, but I never bought anything without first spending a week or sometimes a month thinking about it and researching it. Only recently have I bought things more "on the spot" but it's always something essential like vitamins, a snack I need to keep me awake before I drive a while, or a few cosmetic items. Chores and allowance work wonders on making smart finance officers out of kids, and since Webkinz is a favorite of several kids today, it really is a wonderful place to start. So, things to remember: -Webkinz is just a game -Teach your kids capitalism versus consumerism and use Webkinz as a tool -Webkinz is just a game -Teaching hard work for great rewards as well as dollar value is one of the best real world concepts needed and yet so often neglected -Webkinz is just a game -And last but not least, Webkinz is just a game. Hope this helps someone. I wouldn't have spent 20 minutes composing that if I thought it would not help anyone. :D Humphrey Loves Kate P.S. I haven't adopted a pet in 5 years. BUT I ordered the Endangered Signature Red Wolf from Amazon a day ago... for $45. "Garth" will be here tomorrow afternoon. :) But before you call my a hypocrite, get this. I took time to think about it and decide if I really wanted it. Obviously I did. My research found that this Webkinz is being discontinued, so once it's gone it's gone. Additionally, the Signature Timber Wolf is now worth $400 with a sealed code from private collectors, and just under $200 without a code! This is a stuffed animal that people were once complaining about paying $25 for! The entire Webkinz signature line is in the process of being dropped, so I hear, so as more and more are sold, the price is just going to go up because they're getting so rare. In about a year, my signature red wolf will probably be worth at least $100! Look at that! You can also teach your kids about investments with these! Please note that only the signature line of Webkinz skyrockets in price like this. The regular ones and Lil kinz are still worth about $10 even after retired. These are like a gold market!
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2014

WEBKINZ ACCOUNTS NO LONGER EXPIRE AND IT IS NOW FREE TO PLAY!

The title is says it all but be warned, If you do not play for 2 years beyond you last log in date. Your account will be deleted.
Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2013

load of rubbish

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boaring
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2013

Nice Cool Game

It is a fun awesome game that I have played for years! There is a thing called deluxe and you have to pay real money to get cool clothes, Items,ect. The animals in the game are cute and people like them! In the clubhouse there is a kinzchat plus area and it allows you to type what you want to say and some people might figure out a way to say a bad word or say something mean but webkinz is really awesome!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old October 24, 2013

completely safe for kids 7,8,9

it is a good game for kids 7,8,9 and there is no speaking and completely safe for kids 7,8,9
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2013

Yikes!

This is a scary website when you read the rules. No talking about dateing, puberty, useing bad words, smoeking or predenting to be a webkinz counsil. I got the chills on that last one. its boring, its cheesy, its weird and its stcrict. I dont feel safe on this site. I regret giving them my personal info. It is supossed to be fun but there are WAY to many rules to have any fun at all. The website is awful and i hate it. I had a dream when i was 5 that the webkinz were out to kill me because i said shut up.They have some bad punishments. Like banding you from the site for good, (wich i personaly dont mind), they can take your membership away, and something with the federal law. Anyway. Stay safe dont play it.
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2013

TERRIBLE

I hate it because you need to keep on spending your money on dumb stuffed animals to keep your account going! I used to like it.