Virtual world for real toys with many ads pushing more toys.

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2010

Good for youngsters, but there are some cons

Things are not exposed to any people. No messages can be sent. You can be banned for being mean. It's great for young people. Things I have noticed though is in the Chat, you can pick from certain messages, but in Kinzchat you can chat a bit freer. Though I have noticed people saying things like, "Hey, do you want to have sec?" to work the system. The players then sit on a couch together and walk up to each other like they are kissing. Many reports have been filed this way reporting sexual behavior. Also, you have to buy a pet to play, and you have to buy one every year or Webkinz closes your account. There is also a game in the arcade where you have to hit a little creature with a wooden club, but he seems to like it.... For people 9 or older, the game is quite boring for them by then.
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2009

Good, edcucational site, perfect for kids who want a pet but can't get one.

It's a good website, it teaches about the responsibilites of owning a real pet. There is even a place where you can answer trivia questions and learn new facts. However, there is a chat system where users can type what they want, but it has to pass the swear filter. Users do all sorts of tricks the send hate speech, ask for information, etc.
Adult Written bynorthoncharles April 9, 2008

Safe Introduction to Internet ideas.

Webkinz is a fun site for kids (and adults) and can provide an excellent opportunity to start talking to young kids about the Internet and the difference between people we know and strangers. My kids 6 and 5 both enjoy the site and I have started lessons (about the internet) that people on their "Friends List" are still strangers. Some of the games are educational and skills building but most are just simple recreations of older (adictive style) games like bejeweled. The popularity of Webkinz will require monitoring the time your kids spend on the site. My kids began to get a little obsessed, so we had to set some limits. No big difference here, then the limits parents must set on other things like TV and computer time anyway. All in all the kids have a lot of fun with it and it a safe environment.
Adult Written bylaf April 9, 2008

Webkinz site has problems

My son bought his first Webkinz yesterday, and has been unable to do much of anything on the site since registering. It is slow to load and many of the games and shopping links never load at all. We've tried accessing from 3 different computers, running various OSs including Mac OS and Vista, and we have the same problems on all systems. We have Verizon FIOS, and other sites load just fine. I have to think the Webkinz server is underpowered and needs to be upgraded, or they have other network infrastructure problems. $13 wasted and worse, a very upset kid who can't enjoy the site. Shame on Webkinz for selling such a poor user experience!
Adult Written byGordon April 9, 2008

Sobering

You all must be joking with good reviews....did you people actually look at this site before posting comments? Either you all think teaching your child gambling and addiction is just fine or you are commenting out of ignorance! Pathetic to think this trash is OK for children.
Adult Written bymacfam April 9, 2008
My biggest issue with Ganz/Webkinz.com is that they say they don't condone gambling yet one of the pieces of art that is for sale is titled, (and depicts) "Dogs Playing Poker". What is the wishing well? It's a childlike slot machine. Maybe they don't consider it gambling because real money isn't changing hands... Ok, lets call it Mock-gambling. That would be accurate! Additionally, their customer service is severely lacking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAshley0301 July 2, 2016

It used to be better...

Okay, I realize I'm 14 and people may not take me seriously, but consider this: I'm a kid. I know what other kids would like. Now, on to the review, Webkinz used to be such a great website! You could play all the games, have parties with your friends, and search for constellations in a fairy quest. I went on Webkinz from about the ages 5-10, but eventually grew out of it. I revisited the website earlier today for a nice trip down memory lane and was incredibly disappointed. First, the entire website is insanely slow. You'll click a button and it will take 10 seconds to respond at all. I know this is not just a problem with my computer or connection because my friend experienced it as well. Secondly, half the games are only for deluxe members now? What's a deluxe member? After doing some research, I found out it meant you'd bought a new Webkinz recently. I have a problem with this. If someone will be so generous as to buy one of your products, you should not force them to buy more. It's a cheap way of earning money and it shows how low the people in charge of the website have sunk. Finally, there's a "new" feature (I put it in quotations because I have no idea how new it actually is) where your chosen Webkinz makes demands...? Like, a speech bubble will pop up with something along the lines of, "Hmm, I'd really like something new from the store!" There's a timer, and if you don't do it in that timer, their happiness drops halfway. All in all, Webkinz used to be a great platform to meet up with friends and have fun, but it has definitely taken a turn for the worse. I do not recommend buying their products if it is in hopes of using the website.
Adult Written byklh615 June 24, 2016

No longer works

Parent Written bysimon112 May 23, 2016

Cool

I think it is the game but... make sure your kid dosent go on these ads, the ads are my problem, and the lagging bothers my daughter also, u might wanna think about it but we love this game
Teen, 17 years old Written byShiroSans May 11, 2016

Past, Present, Future... and Ads.

I remember that at the young age of ( I can't remember), Webkinz, was the thing for me and my sister. Got stuff animals. Got that cat, and she got that dog. Lovely. In the past, there was NO ADS. There was NO MEMBERSHIP, and best of all, IT WAS A CHILDREN'S GAME. Today, as I login in the year 2016, all I saw were ads, upon ads, all over my screen, like a Christmas decoration. And I thought this was a game for kids! Ha. I saw an ad about PADS. You know, the one the a certain human being wears. Why is there such a thing there? I do remember that I did login in at different year intervals, and I found out that my favourite game was only for members. Then I realized that Webkinz decided to go into the money draining game company. Present day Webkinz is... crap. So much membership items. If you don't have the membership, your pet is gonna die. In the past, everything was easier to get, no harsh restrictions set upon you. And now, we talk about the future. You know how today, all sorts of games are going into a money draining game? I play this other game and it's a SPENDING game. And on that game, we have those people called spenders. All the things you want to buy with real money is expensive. Crazy expensive. So all those games you thought were good for children back then ain't gonna be so in the near future, which could be now. Then, one day in the future, while playing Webkinz, I bet that ads will pop up every 5 min when your kid is playing. And you, the adult will be spending much more than you ever thought you would.
Adult Written byKatherineL 1 May 8, 2016

Disappointing

Very upsetting. I purchased my first webkinz in 2008 because my friend told me how amazing of a game it was. I loved it, all you had to do was purchase a webkinz around $20 and sign up the pet on the website. BAM! Easy as that and you had the whole website free to do whatever you want and play whatever you would like. The accounts did expire in a year if you didn't buy a new pet, but that only made you want to purchase more pets because it was that amazing. Now, I barely even recognize it anymore. They have gotten to addicted to money its ridiculous. Have of the games you could no longer play if you are not a deluxe member. The clubhouse, used to be amazing when you wanted to trade items when you didn't want something, or wanted something better. The website would have still made a lot of money, if not more, if they just kept it the way it was. They are losing so many customers by making it more expensive. Oh and did I mention that the game has loading issues, they've probably added so much crap to the game that it stop responding, see even the game hates what they have done to it... I wouldn't even bother with Webkinz anymore! All that money spend down the drain!!
Parent Written byrainbowhearted May 6, 2016

Definite Recommend

There's enough on the site for to keep free to play players busy. The price for deluxe is reasonable for the amount of things offered should one decide to go that path. Compared to other games on the market these days, I would say this game is one of the safer bets when referring to the chat system. Of course, parental monitoring is always recommended if young children are on any site regardless. This is an older game, but the developers are very active. Don't miss out on a great opportunity for quality gaming for your children, and possibly even the whole family!
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2016

Hello people

Webkinz used to be good but you have to buy a pet every year and then you have to be a delux membership. It's so STUPID! You can barely do anything. It's also wicked laggy and slow.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2016

Webkinz... Greedy but if u pay enough... Worthwhile

As a kid my parents think im too old. Yea right. Ive seen adults play this game. So everyone can play this, even if ur parents say no. PARENTS: teach them symbols around the game. If a yellow symbol that looks like a banner is on a game or shopping item, don't buy it or play it. Same with silver banners. Ecoins... Birthday present, $10. More webkinz = no silver for a year. Buy a backup Webkinz if u have full membership, ( if u already bought a pet and adopted it) preferred a lil kinz.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylordekatherine November 20, 2015

Perfect Website For Small Children

I remember when this website was the best. It's a really fun and somewhat educational website for small kids, and is totally safe. Although, your kid will probably want to continuously buy Webkinz Plush Pets, so they can renew their membership and unlock new items (Trust me, I was like that when I was little).
Teen, 13 years old Written byparrotz1236 August 29, 2015

Cute at first...

Alright, so the game is based off of webkinz toys, but it's a really cute game! I loved it when I was little(I started when I was 6), but then, when I was about 8... BAM! They invent "Deluxe Membership." I swear I heard thunder when I logged on that day and saw that Deluxe thing. Two months later, I can do NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. I know, I sound really pessimistic, but it sucked. My favorite mini-game was a "Deluxe Membership Only" game, so that was terrible. It was fun at first, feeding my little animals and such, and you still can get tons of stuff, but I miss that time when anyone could play/buy anything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byextratomatoes46 July 1, 2015

Nothing Special

As the title says, it's nothing special. It's just another pet owning virtual world for a younger audience. An older audience can play this game as well, however, the happiness of play depends on the person. The basic setting of the game is for you to adopt and grow a family of Webkinz (pets) and keep them all happy and healthy. You earn Kinz Cash (currency for the world) from playing mini games. You can decorate your house and invite friends over to play with you. You must buy a stuffed animal in order to unlock chatting, an island, and and majority of items in the shop. Overall, it is a simple game with simple mechanics to grasp. I would recommend this game,but I could give better suggestions for pet owning games. (Hint: Try Starstables[FTP, membership is worth it] or Furry Paws[free])
Teen, 13 years old Written byKdrewk June 28, 2015

Childhood favourite

I have had an account on this website since I was 4 years old, and that's how long I have been collecting Webkinz toys, too. I am now 13 and I still go on it sometimes to check on my Webkinz. It is pretty safe, and there is filtered chat but you can disable it in the parental settings. There is also some consumerism because you are encouraged to buy more of their stuffed animals to keep your account active, and to become a paid member to access more features. There is a ton of stuff to do on the site even if you aren't a paid member. This has always been a childhood favourite of mine!
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2015

The Price of Webkinz

I think webkinz is a great, fun game. I love quizies corner (though on my computer sometimes it doesn't work). The only problem is that when you buy a webkinz you get 1 year of half a membership, then you have to either go on for free (you can't really do much) or buy a new webkinz, or a dulex membership. For example, I know several people get a new webkinz every Christmas so they can keep the account. For dulex i think you pay a little monthly, but you automatically get estore points every month and a pet when you sign up. Overall, this site is great for kids 7-10 and younger if they go on with parents. Older kids may loose interest. I only go on to model my house and to take the quizzes at the corner.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnvironment May 6, 2015
I got a Webkinz account when I was seven, and at age 13 I occasionally still go on. The games are really fun and there are many things to do on the site that are completely safe for kids. The only downfall is that now you have to be a member for many things to do.