All member reviews for Webkinz

Virtual world for real toys with many ads pushing more toys.

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

love it!

a nice, fun educational enviorment for all.
Adult Written byJoe1776 April 9, 2008

FRAUD

This site is a fraud. It's inexcusable that they weren't able to anticipate the heavy traffic after Christmas. My child hasn't been able to get on the site for three days now. Also, there is no way to contact Webkinz in any meaningfull way. I just wanted to contact Customer Service with a personalized question and receive a personalized resonse and you're unable to do that.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

good site but slow.........

Webkinz is a great plush toy world. But.... the site haves lots and lots of problems logging in and playing in webkinz world!!! I have a webkinz and today I went online to webkinz.com and it said they were reinventing wekinz!!! You can't even log in! It's stupid!! Just pay people! I mean they can't even let us enjoy webkinz.com If they have it let us use it!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byebob April 9, 2008

A good site if some technical issues are resolved

My oldest daughter got her first Webkinz for her 6th birthday in November, and it has been a big hit in our house. The web site seemed to be well planned to offer a variety of activities for all age levels. My 4 year old daughter enjoyes it, and even my wife and I even found a few arcade games WE enjoy playing. The biggest disappointment however, was trying to enter the "feature codes" for numerous charms and other accessories recieved for Christmas. The site was obviously overwhelmed with people trying to register their items and we got logged out many times in the process. Unless Ganz upgrades their servers, these technical issues are beyond the patience or understanding of 4-8 year old kids, and the site's help interface offers little in the way of addressing site technical issues.

Adult Written byAbracadebra April 9, 2008

Destination: FUN!

This web site has been THE destination for elementary school kids for a little over a year. It offers a tremendous range of activities, and new features are being added all the time. Kids can invite their friends to play online with them, or can play with opponents in a safe forum where identities are not revealed. The biggest problem is that kids do get hooked, and you may need to pry them away from the computer. And once they are hooked, they will hound you for more plush toys, and charms, and trading cards. There are numerous games and activities online, geared to different ability levels, and most have an educational component. (We particularly like Quizzy's, which tests knowledge in a lot of areas. Other games focus on logic and math skills.)
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

DO NOT GO ON TO WEBKINZ!!!!

Webkinz isn't very good because first of all EVERYONE IN MY CLASS HAS ONE, and so do I so we're all webkinz freaks.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeecuterox April 9, 2008

i dont know

I do not like that u have to buy a toy and put it into the computer.I have to honestly say i think it is one of the most addicting websites in the world (and so is myspace)
Adult Written byTester2008 April 9, 2008

The server is just too slow. We have to wait for 1-2 hours to log on. Waste of time and money..Big disappointment for the kids. Unless the server is upgraded, it's not recommended toy for kids
Adult Written bymarigold66 April 9, 2008

We love it!

We've just joined Webkinz, and haven't been disappointed. In three days we have set up our pet's room, fed him, taken him to the gym, played games, worked in the burger restaurant and done a bit of shopping. My child has already fallen in love with his pet - in a good way. Basically, it's really good fun. Plus he reads, counts, answers questions... Great graphics, super collection of activities and extremely good value for the price of the cuddly toy.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byapplestoapples April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymaryevelyn April 9, 2008

No customer service

Over Christmas when they should have prepaired for the rush to adopt they droped the ball. My Daughter adopted her first pet on the 19th and we could not play with it until Jan 2 because her room would not load. Phone calles and e-mails went unanswered and they just did not care. They had their money and did not care about the kids.
Adult Written bymbscjohnp April 9, 2008

The main problem with the Webkinz website is the extreme hyping to young children of more purchases of Ganz merchandise. The site is constantly "updated" with faulty programming "glitches", causing the site to often be "under important maintenance" which is extremely frustrating to young children. If the programmers would test their code before foisting it on this site, or slow the continuouse updating, there would be fewer problems. Latest "glitches": duplicate webkinz on treadmills, no birthday cakes, painting game impossible to match. Otherwise, this is an excellent site for learning responsiblility, the cost of things being purchased and how to earn "money", learning math, science, social studies, etc, and interacting with other children. They do need to slow down the extreme hyping of their products to this captive audience.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybobbyjoe April 9, 2008

BEST EVER

this is the most awesome website on the planet

it is a good website

Teen, 13 years old Written bydancrgrly94 April 9, 2008

A growing popularity

I had no idea what this was until 6th grade.... i bought my first one in april of 6th grade when hearing about it from my friend. I has to say its truly addicting. It teaches you responsiblity. How to earn the value of a dollar and how to interact. I got my 4 and 3 year old cousins one for christmas because they love to play on mine so much. Definatle go out and get one. If you find the right stores youu can get them cheap. I got mine at HAmricks for 9.98

This is a great site!

This is a very safe site. Parents can choose if their kids can use Kinzchat Plus or not. I have a Black Cat and a Persian Cat, my Black Cat is female and her name is Midnight, my Persian Cat is also female, her name is Snowy. There is NO gambling because even though it looks like it is, you don't pay anything to use those two games. I also really like the games Candy Bash and Candy Bash 2. Your pets have a house, which is really cool, but I am still working on mine. I also love the stuffed animals, too. Highly recommended. If you don't like the site, just don't use it.
Adult Written bykaydog April 9, 2008