All member reviews for Webkinz

Virtual world for real toys with many ads pushing more toys.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

wicked game you can kill your pets

wow is cool to
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxtashakinzxx April 9, 2008

It makes me want to pull my hair out!

Hi, I am 12 years old and i play webkinz all the time! Just recently I got some new webkinz, and after your tenth webkinz you dont get a free room for that pet. So i went and bought a room for my 11th pet, I tried to write "slipery's room" but it said that the word "Slipery" was not allwoed! That got me so angry! I could not even write my pets name!

costly but..

i feel webkinz are a slightly educational toy.the bad thing is once you buy 1 you need to buy another to get rare items. you need to buy 10 to get a super bed. then they have clothing and trading cards and body spray and things like that.otherwise webkinz is a fun,safe, place for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byHinataLuvsPeterick April 9, 2008

THIS IS BRAIN WASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT TRUST THE GOOD REVIEWS HERE ON THIS WEBKINZ THING! I HAVE A FREIND WHO HA 18 OF THEM AND ALL TOGETHER ITS ABOUT LIKE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ MONNY MONNY MONNY ALL DOWN THE DRAIN! SPEND IT ON SOMTHING GOOD FELLOW KIDS! I GOT ONE OF THES ONE TIME AND I NEVER PLAYED IT MY 14 YEAR OLD SISTER PLAYED IT MORE! OK OK THAT IS SOOO SAD BECUS THIS IS FOR BAAAABYS I MEAN FLUFFY HART CANDY AND ALL THAT STUFF SOFT BABY STUFF I RECOMED IT FOR 5-7 YHA SO IF YOUR A TEEN OR TWEEN DO NOT BUY THIS OR ELS YOULL BE BRAIN WASHED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bycrisleem April 9, 2008

I approve!

I run an after school program at my kids (Catholic) school. Webkinz is one of the few sites I grant permission for kids to frequent while they are in my care. I have played with it myself and find it is be a-ok! The kids learn to take care of a pet, though unlike some games the pet doesn't die so your money isn't wasted. And so far I have found nothing inappropriate. Even the chats are not open. They have to approve everyone by KNOWING their screen name first....so no anonymous 'friends' can be added. And the chats don't allow just anything. I approve!
Adult Written byrichbmom April 9, 2008

Fun for any age, boys and girls

I've been very impressed with Webkinz. My children play with their on-line pets daily, but must be limited or they will be on too long. Of all the toys my 11 year old has ever gotten this is what she has enjoyed the most. There is a lot of fun, some education, and yes these people deserve an award for their creative marketing which can be a disadvantage for some. There is something new to keep kids interest almost weekly. Very cute.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Great!

This website is incredible. It is great for kids ages three and over, but still it stresses kids with buying WEBKINZ products.
Adult Written bySoftball21 April 9, 2008

What I great thing!

My daughter is 5 and really ejoys this. My friend started doing this and Webkinz is not a slot machine or gambling thing, it teaches the kids on how much money you need for things, and how much you need to save. My daughter and her friends play just with the games. They do not go to the CHAT ROOMS at all! I do not agree with the chat rooms but the games and daily activities helps them at school.
Adult Written byjanak April 9, 2008

Great Buy

This is one of the best toys my kids have ever gotten into. Cute, inexpensive, educational and NO small pieces! :o) The only negative is that they want every Webkinz out there but at the price, I don't mind too much. They're good for both girls and boys in a wide age range. I love the creativity my kids show with decorating rooms and gardens. They're learning how to manage money and being thoughtful "buying" gifts for each other. I was delighted when my daughter told me she was growing a pumpkin patch. Then, a couple of weeks later, it was time to harvest! Great ongoing activities and new stuff to keep it interesting all the time. Yes, you have to limit their time but all I have to do is threaten grounding from it and they "put their animals to bed" promptly. They also have to ask before they log-on. It really is a great form a entertainment and they're learning too. My 3rd grade daughter, who is just doing mult/division, asked me to explain % to her when she was buying something on sale at 40% off. Super!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

love it!

a nice, fun educational enviorment for all.
Adult Written byJoe1776 April 9, 2008

FRAUD

This site is a fraud. It's inexcusable that they weren't able to anticipate the heavy traffic after Christmas. My child hasn't been able to get on the site for three days now. Also, there is no way to contact Webkinz in any meaningfull way. I just wanted to contact Customer Service with a personalized question and receive a personalized resonse and you're unable to do that.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

good site but slow.........

Webkinz is a great plush toy world. But.... the site haves lots and lots of problems logging in and playing in webkinz world!!! I have a webkinz and today I went online to webkinz.com and it said they were reinventing wekinz!!! You can't even log in! It's stupid!! Just pay people! I mean they can't even let us enjoy webkinz.com If they have it let us use it!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byebob April 9, 2008

A good site if some technical issues are resolved

My oldest daughter got her first Webkinz for her 6th birthday in November, and it has been a big hit in our house. The web site seemed to be well planned to offer a variety of activities for all age levels. My 4 year old daughter enjoyes it, and even my wife and I even found a few arcade games WE enjoy playing. The biggest disappointment however, was trying to enter the "feature codes" for numerous charms and other accessories recieved for Christmas. The site was obviously overwhelmed with people trying to register their items and we got logged out many times in the process. Unless Ganz upgrades their servers, these technical issues are beyond the patience or understanding of 4-8 year old kids, and the site's help interface offers little in the way of addressing site technical issues.
Adult Written byAbracadebra April 9, 2008

Destination: FUN!

This web site has been THE destination for elementary school kids for a little over a year. It offers a tremendous range of activities, and new features are being added all the time. Kids can invite their friends to play online with them, or can play with opponents in a safe forum where identities are not revealed. The biggest problem is that kids do get hooked, and you may need to pry them away from the computer. And once they are hooked, they will hound you for more plush toys, and charms, and trading cards. There are numerous games and activities online, geared to different ability levels, and most have an educational component. (We particularly like Quizzy's, which tests knowledge in a lot of areas. Other games focus on logic and math skills.)
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

DO NOT GO ON TO WEBKINZ!!!!

Webkinz isn't very good because first of all EVERYONE IN MY CLASS HAS ONE, and so do I so we're all webkinz freaks.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeecuterox April 9, 2008

i dont know

I do not like that u have to buy a toy and put it into the computer.I have to honestly say i think it is one of the most addicting websites in the world (and so is myspace)
Adult Written byTester2008 April 9, 2008
The server is just too slow. We have to wait for 1-2 hours to log on. Waste of time and money..Big disappointment for the kids. Unless the server is upgraded, it's not recommended toy for kids
Adult Written bymarigold66 April 9, 2008

We love it!

We've just joined Webkinz, and haven't been disappointed. In three days we have set up our pet's room, fed him, taken him to the gym, played games, worked in the burger restaurant and done a bit of shopping. My child has already fallen in love with his pet - in a good way. Basically, it's really good fun. Plus he reads, counts, answers questions... Great graphics, super collection of activities and extremely good value for the price of the cuddly toy.