All member reviews for Webkinz

Virtual world for real toys with many ads pushing more toys.

This is a great site!

This is a very safe site. Parents can choose if their kids can use Kinzchat Plus or not. I have a Black Cat and a Persian Cat, my Black Cat is female and her name is Midnight, my Persian Cat is also female, her name is Snowy. There is NO gambling because even though it looks like it is, you don't pay anything to use those two games. I also really like the games Candy Bash and Candy Bash 2. Your pets have a house, which is really cool, but I am still working on mine. I also love the stuffed animals, too. Highly recommended. If you don't like the site, just don't use it.
Adult Written bykaydog April 9, 2008

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Good sides and bad sides

Webkinz is a good educational website. Ive had mine for about a year and its quite entertaining. However theres always some type of technical problem and it takes forever to be fixed. you also have to keep buying more Webkinz to get good stuff so u end up spending a ton of money on them. It is also kind of for younger children. I would say ages 6-11.

Good but Addicting

I got a Webkinz about a year ago and now I have 11! They are very addicting and if you get really into the game, it can get pretty costly if you buy lots of pets and accesories. But, other than that, I highly recommend them if you are looking for a semi-educational game for younger kids.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

This is good but still have some weakpoints

Very addictive for children, most people get in to buying rooms and from the W shop. You go out a buy a webkin or a lil kin. The webkinz should be around $10 but they are really small toys that a worth about $4.So you pay a 6 dollar membership fee. Then you put in the code. Then you start playing on the site feeding your pet etc. If I could I will give it 3.5 stars but since i can't I just gave it 3. Many of the game starts to get boring. The site gets to be kinda repetitive and tedious. Also you can't make much money very quickly. Compared to neopets i would say neopets is better. In general, I am pleased about it

I think 4 and up

My little cousins play it and they are 5. It can be very addictive. You can NOT kill your webkinz. It teaches responsibility and to save your money if you really want something. You are able to make friends with people you don't know. I think that you should only become friends with someone if you know exactly who they are.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybubblesuds April 9, 2008

I love this!

I am 13 and I love this. It is semi-educational and does teach about responsibility. It keeps you entertained with fun games and daily activities. They are not a bad price and you only have to buy them once. (Unless you want more) You get to buy things with your "Kinzcash" People say there are things such as gambling on it, but in gambling in the real-world, you can loose money. On Webkinz, you can only gain money. I love Webkinz and would recommend this to anyone from 6-15!
Adult Written byknautel April 9, 2008

my daughter loves it

Although it can be very expensive it is a lot of fun. The only down side is that the Charm forest is a rip off. You need to buy a lot of charms $5 each and then you need to find a lot before you can play, if you can. Have not found very many charms after searching daily for almost 6 months.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

it is Great

I love webkinz!!!!!!! it is fun because you can chat with your friends, send them gifts, and much more!! it is a great website for kids because it does not use any bad language and there is no killing!i love and so will you!!!

it is so awesome!!!

Webkinz is so fun! i think that this is great for kids!!it is even``educational!!
Parent of a 9 and 9 year old Written byprofoundtruths April 9, 2008

It's driving me crazy!

Do you want your kids to desire more and more stuff? Then this is the website for you and yours. My kids have spent every cent they get trying to gobble up all the accessories for their webkinz in order to gain more "stuff". Buy the $6 lip gloss - get a toy for your online pet; buy a paper bookmark for $2.50 and get to read an online story - spend $15 on charms and you get to play a game once ever 6 hours, but once you spend $150 on the charms, you can play the game all the time. It's just like Club Penguin, but without the social responsibility, positive messages and interaction with others and focuses exclusively on buying more, more, more webkinz stuff. My kids are limited to weekend internet use unless its for homework, but there are certain "perks" they get if they log in every day, so my kids now hound me to be able to log on during non-internet days or ask me to log on for them. My kids are webkinz zombies. Webkinz makes me miss the days when my kids begged to veg out in front of the TV - the commercialism was so much less insideous.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

I liked it

webkinz world is a site where you can interact with other people, you can play with other webkinz.Webkinz are little pets that you can play with.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

OMG! Who doesn't like this?!

most adults dislike this, but it makes your kids HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! come on, give me a break! MAKE YOUR KIDS HAPPY! it is great for 6 and up
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

AWESOME!!!! SITE

Webkinz is the best thing ive seen in a while. really really cool awesome The monkey and monkey show was funny also.I like spending kinzcash and spoiling my pet. I abslutly LOVE webkinz supermodel z awesome site you gotta see it
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookluver101 April 9, 2008

OMG!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!

THIS IS THE BEST SITE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! I have two Webkinz pets a Beagle named Sara and a Clyesdale named Bud. This is a very good site for kids of all ages.
Adult Written byGordon April 9, 2008

Sobering

You all must be joking with good reviews....did you people actually look at this site before posting comments? Either you all think teaching your child gambling and addiction is just fine or you are commenting out of ignorance! Pathetic to think this trash is OK for children.
Adult Written bydy725 April 9, 2008

terrible customer support system in place

This comapny has to have the worst level of customer service I have ever encountered. It is absolutely appauling. I have tried since early november to get help with the accounts, items disappearing, stuck, I have lost more than 56 items in less than 4 months in the kids account they finally called today and replaced 4 items only. They will not replace any virtual items at all, meaning if you get tarding cards and the server boots you off your stuff disappears and your left without. They have no care what you say when you finally do get to talk to someone, and believe me it takes months for them to finally call you, because they so hate us consumers we only rate a voice mail box, and then only will you get a call if they had you call from an email they sent. They seem to think that they have full reign because our children want them and we will get them, NOT TRUE. I have never ever been so angry, This is my money being spent and they have no respect for the fact that I choose whwere its spent not my children. The least they can do is replace these items for the kids. all they have to do is review account history and know something has left the account and transferred itself to limbo as they put it, but they wont.Amazing customer service huh. I am currently embarrassed to even say I talked to someone because after all that time, I am no better than before we talked.
Adult Written byinfo@everything... April 9, 2008

Webkinz is Great for Kids!

Webkinz is a great site for kids and it is very safe. If you are looking for more information on webkinz check out http://www.everythingwebkinz.com
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I LOVE WEBKINZ

I HAVE FIVE WEBKINZ AND I LIKE THE GAME LUNCH LETTERS P.S. I LOVE WEBKINZ(:!