All member reviews for Webkinz

Virtual world for real toys with many ads pushing more toys.

Age

Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2012

WORST SITE EVER!

The website is always slow and unreliable, no matter what computer you use. (I have had an account on it for almost five years! I'm 12 now.) Usually takes at least an hour just to log in successfully. It has the WORST customer service ever, and can take months just to get back one irrelevant response. They have a lot of ads that take you to other sites. All of their contests, drawings, raffles, etc. are rigged. (Exact same person wins every time, and out of all of the people on there, that is not likely to happen especially on several contests, if it's chosen at random.) The stuffed animals are the only thing good about the company, but certainly not worth 15-20 dollars! Don't waste your money!
Parent Written bytreat02 June 24, 2012

LEARNING

Very, very good website with varieties of things to do

I actually play on this. What my opinion is, is that it gives kids a taste of responsibility. On webkinz (you have to buy a stuffed webkinz and enter it's code), kids will need to buy rooms for their webkinz (some of them are a lot, it depends if you want large medium or small), and they (don't have to, but I'm pretty sure most of them would like to) buy clothes for them, food (you have to buy that or your webkinz will, well, I don't know because I've never starved my webkinz) furniture, etc. And, you don't get free money. You have to earn it. There are also fun games that (some of them) are educational. There are also games that you can win cool prizes. The webkinz are very cute, and you can do a lot with them. I think all ages, but one-year-olds can't use the computer.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2012

Nice...

Its nice i have an account (my username is yipyipyipyipyipyip) and it is addictive. It teaches younger AND older kids responsibility.
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2012

My review

I Like it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadoSiren May 29, 2012

Funny And Strange Kids Site

~Review from a jr.Higher~ I'm immature and go on lots of kid sites. This is fun, but It has quite the slow connection. It always freezes up when loading at the beginning and it's a little frustrating. But I'll live. The games are pretty fun in all, and I enjoy most of the stores on there. But It gets boring after a while~ Also, what's with the talking mascots?!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolguygamer May 11, 2012

i <3 this websight because of nostalgia surounding it

rlly good
Parent Written byKWILK April 10, 2012

Webkinz is TERRIBLE

This is by far the WORST company ever. My daughters have played it for years, they sell the company often, the lock them out constantly, and even make their pets "die" so that you have to run out a month later and buy a new one. WHAT A SHAM! don't waste your money!
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2012

Gir approves!

This game is really good. It surprises me that it isn't rotten like other virtual worlds. anyways, now u don't have to get webkinz to keep it alive, but to get every feature. the features are features u can live without.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatcar12 March 6, 2012

Fun... but gets boring

Lots of fun! It gets boring after a while though... They have some educational games on there too!
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2012

I grew out of it!

To me I loved it. Now it's all girly and limited. You pay 16.00 for plush toys and you know you are going to quit anyways. I liked it now it's not fun and if you don't go on in 6 months it kills your account. So it's a ripoff
Parent Written bySpotty91827 February 4, 2012

Webkinz review

I think webkinz world is great it has some educational games for my kids in Quizzys trivial place it also is a fun place. and kids love fun right? Now they do have some casino type games like wheel of wow where u spin for a prize but its only once a day they can use it so i think its fine
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2012

Great

This is a good game and I started when I was 7 and loved it. But now that I am older I have gone away from it but every month or so I go on
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2012

Slightly educational, but addictive and can be expensive.

I think that webkinz is okay at some times, but it is completely consumer based. When my sister didn't adopt a pet for a year, she wasn't able to do many things. There are constant things for the pet of the month and deluxe members. It can be educational, but you don't have to learn anything if you don't want to. It does teach you to take care of the virtual pets, but it's made so you go on every day..
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2011

Awesome website!

Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2011

Realtively Safe, but Commercial

I'm 12 years old, and my little sister has an account on Webkinz. It's safe for her age, but the sensors for chat are a bit TOO protected, and the same applies to the Webkinz theatre, an item in webkinz. However, it is completely safe. Sadly, it's awfully commercial. There are tons of advertisements. When my sister signs in, there are advertisements around the whole screen, and some of them aren't appropriate. The e-store is also ridiculous. They expect you o pay prices ranging from 2 to 60 dollars for virtual items. I would not want to waste 35 dollars on a virtual Christmas stocking! I think Webkinz is safe, besides the ads, but limiting and commercial.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bykarinajohnson November 27, 2011

Don't buy

You need to buy a stuffed pet in order to create an account. My daughter got one for her birthday and she liked it but she got tired of it quickly as the games get old almost right away. In addition, you must buy something else to do certin things. It is not good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypiefan911 November 15, 2011

The Cute Money Thiefs! Be Careful

I was friends with someone who was addicted to Webkinz for about 2 years. During those years, tons of new Webkinz catched her interest, and she purchased about 60 Webkinz. Just saying, each pet commonly costs about $15.00, Littlekinz being $13.00. After that time period, she completely stopped, and all of the money invested was wasted, for each pet only gives you a year. This website is fun for a while, but easily can get boring and no longer amusing. Now, Webkinz became even more rediculous; the new Deluxe membership takes even MORE cash from your pocket, with "rare" or "exclusive" pets, clothes or items. More items have been made for the plush verison of the pet, and takes another several bucks from you. Now, their games- some are a lot like casino slots, and some are typing or word educational games. What a mix- you can never be sure which catagory will atract your child. Overall, this website can have a postive or negative impact. It's kind of like a gamble; I would depend on if your child is in touch with common sense or not. But, just be certain that you will loose hundreds to Ganz's Webkinz World.
Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2011

watch out for free chat in clubhose of webkinz

well, i have to admit once i have said something rude to some body on free chat on webkinz but i got five more chances said it once more in what i said in a year i got banned off free chat for a month i have to say webkinz never really "bans" you for good because you paid money for those toys it is quite safe for people not in free chat in the club house, but sometimes if you get a boy friend on there ( witch is very easy you just say "want to be my boy 'clicks enter' friend? 'clicks enter' ) sometimes they will try to have sex with you it's happened to me but i said "eww no!" and still got banned> but if you trust your kid enough you can use free chat< but any where else of webkinz is very nice safe and cool. :)
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy October 10, 2011

inappropriate

Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2011

ok i guess

pretty fun for younger kids.