All member reviews for Whyville

Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2010

Hmm...

well I go on whyville and im 10 I think its okay for my age but suddenly im noticing there are people telling Each other THEIR PHONE NUMBERS!!! And saying oh here baby text me or call me shmexxi (sexy) so idk...iffy on this review...
Teen, 14 years old Written byHanzah September 4, 2010

Only for kids 14+

Chatrooms are NOT constantly monitored, Filters don't catch anything, People talk violently, Sexual behavior (People make their avatar "Have sex" by doing a dance in front or behind them), Kids use special spellings to get around filters ("Faak"), Even though they try to keep people from sharing personal information, they do it all the time. It is also somewhat addictive to kids under 15.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2010

NOT FOR ANYONE!

HATE IT! i used to go there and then i entered the room then there was a BANANA WITH A TONGUE AND THEN HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND MY AVATAR! i was like "wat r u doing?" then he said "butt s**" i was like OMG! STUPID PERSON! i also saw a girl and a boy then the girl said "ooooo mmmm baby! i wanna have s** with u all day" and then my jaw dropped for five min. staring at the screen! its super gross. one time i tried to do wat they did but just an expiriment,then after that he said "i wanna lick ur va****" GROSSSSSS! I WUD NEVER VISIT THIS SITE EVER AGAIN! DIZZYWOOD IS BETTER!
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2010

I used to love the website,until one day I was talked about as a so-called "Newbie",and was once asked a very gross question.I left the website imediently,and have never visited the site again.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMagicRain July 27, 2009

Inappropiate website

I used to log into Whyville and it used to be a cool site, but now it's just nasty. The kids just run around pretending to have sex, talking about sex, cussing, pretending to get drunk, talking about drinking and drugs, typing out lyrics to nasty songs, pretending to rape other random kids, giving out personal information, and more. I've even seen guys on there asking girls nasty questions and the girls would respond with answers. When I reported kids for nasty behavior the staff always told me they weren't doing anything wrong and that it wasn't bad. They don't do anything about the nasty behavior anymore. They just basically let everyone run around on there doing whatever they want now. I stopped logging in because every time I went into a chat-room I would see kids acting and talking disgusting and I always got attacked by guys asking me inappropiate questions and trying to "rape" me. They say this site is educational and appropiate for young children, but it's really nasty and kids don't need to see the stuff some of these kids do and say. They say they have chat filters so kids can't talk nasty, but they just word the words in a certain way so it gets past the filters and they don't do a thing about it. I've even seen kids with nasty usernames. When you first go to their site and see the log in page, make your account, take the chat test and all that it looks like a clean,fun site, but once you go into the chatrooms you learn differently. This used to be a clean site that was fun and cool, but now it isn't. :(
Teen, 17 years old Written byxxkzv April 9, 2015

Im not good at titles

Being a member since 2006, I have seen Whyville try to get better over the years, although the population has gone down. For those saying that there's swearing,etc. My take on it is that you are allowing your child to be on the internet. Ofcourse there is going to be things that you probably don't want them to see. It's inevitable. With websites like whyville,club penguin, etc, it's the people not the actual website itself. If you want to shelter your kid or think your kid is too young then simply don't let them on. To wrap this up, whyville does the best it can to prevent these activities and make it as safe as possible for your children.
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2015

Not For Kids

I used To Have A Account On This Site And When i Was On It It Was A Horrible Place I Saw People Having Sex And Once Someone Came Up To Me And Said Can I Rape You And I Saw People Drinking,Taking Drugs,Pretending To Kill People And Violence I Tried To Report This But They Said It Was Okay And I Reported Way Too Much They Banned Me And My Sisters. Today Me And My Sisters Don't Go On This Site Take It From Me. This Site Is For Adults!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 7 years old June 12, 2013

not good game for kids under 7

kids under 7 can be scarde by thy strry plus DIZZYWOOD is colsed
Teen, 14 years old Written byHanaaS September 7, 2012

Its great!

Whyville is a great game for kids and teens, It teaches players how to make new friends, their own money, work to earn a salary, and even eat a healthy diet! I played whyville for over six years on different accounts and it changed alot since then. Its also very safe, people can get banned for asking private information, to meet in real life or to trade emails or facebooks. I think its great for kids and teens and I encourage everyone to let their kids play this game.
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2012

Dont go on

A girl told me she hated me. I called 911 report on alot of people and they didnt think that what these people did were bad. Alot of people cursed at me. If you deide to go on this website then dont forget your password. Its stupid your person has to eat daily. I dont go on this website anymore!
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

I think that Whyville is an okay place.I would only recommend it for ages 14 and under
Teen, 17 years old Written byNotAPotato December 15, 2011

For the more mature preteen / teenager.

Very educational site, it has events every day that involve educational value and it varies from --Letter Squash ("In Letter Squash, each round we display a topic, and then a string of letters, which is an in-order smash-up of all the letters in 3 words relating to that topic. The first user to say the three words out loud wins the round."), --Scion Solutions Quiz (Where it teaches about loans, payments, etc.), --Math Expressions, And even more. It has quite a lot of science in it, also. The more you explore this site, the more educational values that you find. And they're even put into fun games! Sometimes, some of these games will give out "clams", which is like the currency/money on Whyville. Though there is a lot of educational value, there are chatrooms, "Y-Mail", and forums in Whyville that are not constantly monitored. There are filters, but some kids make some creative spellings to get around the filters and use inappropriate language. Also, kids can dress up their avatar to look sexual and make sexual gestures in chat. And, along with this, I know many people who have connected on other social networking sites and have shared personal information, despite it being against Whyville's rules. I'd suggest it's for the more mature child, and I would monitor it often if I were a parent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydsworld February 16, 2011

perfect for ages 12 years of age to the age of 13,14 years old.

I love it. Kids have a safe website that is educational for ages 12 years of age and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPorcelain December 23, 2010

Good for 3~6 year olds living in a strict christian family.

Lol? This website is stupid as hell. No supervision? You will get reported by anyone and everyone who sees you say ANYTHING that could be considered "offensive" to anyone. You can't say any curse words including "dam" or you'll be banned. You can't even ask people their facebook or you'll be banned. Hell, don't even risk telling them your name. The graphics of this site are total crap, and the rules are so strict you might as well not even get a chat license. No point. Fail game.
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2010

hate it

bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 7, 2010

Ugh

I used to be a Whyville addict. Now I've long quit it. Someone will ALWAYS be doing something inappropriate (I've even seen people "getting it on") and when I report it, it will either usually say that its not serious enough for a 911 report, or that they can't find it in the chat script, and that's because they actually LOOKED for it practicly a week later! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written by10ISPRO May 19, 2010

Hmm....

I used to go whyville but there were some things that made me feel uncomfortable. One was that I felt that you can give it WAY TOO MUCH personal information. Such as your home town. Also , some people are very rude on there. You can block them by using there safety features but the people that you blocked can still see you in chatrooms. This website is also very addictive, one can become easily addicted to the designs, rares and your clams. For me that was what happened and I found myself wasting hours on pointless things. Things such as designing at Akbar's Factory. This website is great for people who don't care what happens on the net and have LOTS of time on their hands.
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2010