Kid-only social network promises to block dangerous adults.

Adult Written byaimeejohns February 20, 2010

Not very safe

Not as safe as it seems. It has a long way to go
Kid, 9 years old July 15, 2011

good for kids

Creativity Safe nobody over 18
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2009
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2011

Awesomeness!!! xD

I love it!! I registered today and I can't get enough!! Haha your kidding me right language isn't a problem? Wrong! I've seen the words cr*p h*ll sl*tty *ss. I thought bad language wasn't allowed?
Parent of a 6, 9, and 12 year old Written byhoss88 July 4, 2011

dangerous!

first of all, part of this site is OURWORLD, which CSM rates at age 13, but this site is rated 9. what gives???? I can tell you that I find the content far too violent and sex-infused for my 10 and 12 yo's. and my 12 yo has been found by and able to find other participants via the site itself, so the privacy is a joke.
Parent Written byChandDad June 27, 2011

Yoursphere is great fun for kids, educational & safe

My 10 year old son is a huge fan of Yoursphere. He is on the shy side so the social aspect of this site has really helped build his confidence by connecting him to kids who share his interests. He's made friends from kids all over the country, and I don't worry about inappropriate contact from adults one bit. The site monitors activity very closely and handles any off-limits behavior in a timely. sensitive manner. Also, the founder has a website called YoursphereForParents that I subscribed to awhile ago. It has easy to understand practical advice for setting privacy controls on all your kids' electronic toys, and I've learned a lot about some of the seriously privacy and safety issues that affect families. I encourage my family and friends to be informed and proactive. The Internet and social sites have so much to offer but like anything else you need to use these tools appropriately. My son told me I should be sure to tell you that Yoursphere is :"fun", kids can do "a lot of cool stuff" and the virtual world is "awesome."
Kid, 9 years old August 27, 2013

Cool, but now for ages 13-17

It's great! I was on Yoursphere before COPPA 2.0 took place. Now it's a community for people 13-17. If the new law hadn't taken place, I think it would still be awesome for kids 8 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytrancypants July 28, 2012

-.-

I signed up a week ago. Spent about an hour typing out long and detailed paragraphs for my profile. I was actually quite proud of them. Next week, I come back to copypasta said paragraphs into a Word document so that I could remember them forever, and what do I find? My IP address was blocked. Not just my user. My IP address. Pretty effing tight security you got there, Yoursphere. Not amused.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 13 year old Written byMusingsfromMe April 21, 2009

My Daughter Loves Yoursphere

Like any 13-year-old my daughter wants to dive head first in to the "rule free" world of adults. She grimaces and rolls her eyes with the best of them. Like any mom I want to keep my daughter young and protected. I cringe at the number of my daughter's friends who have set up MySpace and FaceBook pages -- without their parent's permission AND using phony ages. Yes, these 12- and 13-year-olds are listing themselves as 15 or older. As an adult I know to only accept friends who I KNOW. I have a feeling a 13-year-old might accept any and all friendship requests. Who knows who is lurking on FaceBook trolling for unsuspecting teens. Scary. For me, Yoursphere is a safe place for my daughter to network. I am confident about and comfortable with the environment of the spheres on Yoursphere. My daughter, a budding writer, loves writing on Yoursphere. Yoursphere allows kids to write about what they want -- I am sure at times the writing seems juvenile and irrelevant to adults, but these are kids 9-18 writing for other kids 9-18. My daughter loves the feedback she gets from other budding writers in her writing sphere. She refers to them as her "peer editors." As for the cost of Yoursphere, I look back at the computer games and online services I have purchased in the past for my children when they were younger. In the past I have purchased a CD-ROM game or two per year for approx. $30 per game. I've also paid for about 30 WebKinz and the online experience for my little ones @$12-$14 each. Yoursphere is an extension of my child's online learning experience.
Parent of a 8, 10, and 12 year old Written byneshama February 24, 2016

Kids Under 13 Not Allowed

I was excited to read about Yoursphere, thinking it was an app that my kids would be able to use safely, but when I tried to sign up my 12 year old daughter, I still received a message that the "terms of service prohibit (my daughter) from joining." There was a link that said "Get your kid id here!" However, the link just takes me to PRIVO, a company that offers services to make youth registration and parental consent easy for app developers.
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2013

Might be the next pinterest for kids

This site is safe, appropiate, you have privacy. There is no bad language if so yoursphere instantly and automatically marks it out. And if someone is not your friend on yoursphere they cannot see your profile. You can always cancel your child's account. I found this site to be a mix of pinterest and facebook but, appropiate and safe for kids. There is no negative language only postive, your child can choose to chat, play games, add friends, blog, post photos, or updates, they also can create and join spheres, and earn credits to shop. I personally love it!
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2013

Been on for 2 years.

I've been on YourSphere for 2 years now. It's a really nice website.. But people should know about the update. The update, you have to be careful what you put because your profile is visable to other players you haven't added. Also they block some language out which is not even innapropriate! ._. They try to make a face like this: :P And it turns into: ## I mean like WHAT THE HECK! Lol. It's a bully free site and it's mostly for kids 9-16.
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2011

Lurv it!

Really love it here! The only problem is I can't go to the included virtual world, but it is very awesome other than that!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySabi 2000 May 1, 2014
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2013

As long as it......

As long as it keeps our kids safe.
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2012

okay site

It is a good site, but lots of cyber bullying
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Great website!

My friend was being cyberbullied and he found this website to prevent him from being cyberbullied.The website was GREAT!
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2012

Good Coment

I think that this is a good website for kids under 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydestiny cox March 5, 2012

the best chatting website for kids

Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2011

Pretty good

I think YourSphere is good for kids 9 and over. The virtual world is okay too but confusing and nobody is ever on it. There are all sorts of "spheres" which are like special groups for people who share the same interests. However younger kids would most likely find it boring because the sphere part has only text mainly