Safe and simple animation site includes free or fee options.

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

Much safer than GoAnimate

The main competitor to sites like this is GoAnimate, a website where everything costs money. This website is much safer when it comes to consumerism. Three months of GoPlus was* $18 while six months of VIP here is $19.95. GoAnimate is also strictly against using for free. They're eliminating free plans, but this site lets you use a demo (no free trial) of what it's like minus VIP features before you buy. Children can share their videos with other kids using the site (unlike Don'tGoAnimate) and can forever do that. Some videos become Crowd Pleasers, or the site editors can even deem it 5/5 material and it becomes a Must-See. As for VIP, a month costs $4.95 and six months give you a discount and, as mentioned earlier, cost $19.95. This is a safe option for you and your kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypolocatfan April 17, 2014

Zimmer Twins Review

This is a great little site with a little community. The site is a movie making site that allows you to make short movies about Edgar, Eva, and 13 who are psychic twins and a cat. The community is generally nice and supportive of everyone on it. I chalk that up because you have to pay a subscription to post non preset comments. Oh I should mention if you want others to see your videos you have to pay a subscription of $5 per month or $20 for 6 months(non renewing.) they sometimes have contests in which you make videos to get free or $1 memberships. More about the community. The community is usually very supportive and whenever one of the members has a fight with another others usually break it up quite easily. Also there is a karate chop action which is pretty much the only violence on the site. Swearing can rarely get past the filters but you can just report that. There is also a version of this site for teachers use which is pretty cool. Bottom Line I recommend it for ages 8 and up. 5-7 could however get enjoyment out of it too.
Kid, 9 years old June 8, 2013

Amazing Site With Only Two Flaws (One of them which I have solved)

I love love love this website! Pros: It inspires you to be creative, you can make fun movies, and get busy for a long time! Cons: There are only two: You can't save your movies then work on them later (although I have solved this problem by making a part 1 part 2 and so on), and that you have to be a paying member to get the full functions. Overall, this is a fun website, that's lots on fun, and it's extremely good for a free website!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjstarbaby123 November 30, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiiWiiuGuyAndPercyJ November 29, 2016

Good news and bad news about ZT

Well Zimmer Twins is a good place for your child, just moderate because your child may see swearing and stuff. Please create an adult account to view.
Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2016

Be careful on fansites, otherwise great for kids

The website itself is completely safe for children and the comments from others are generally supportive. However, be wary of fansites because the website has also attracted a lot of 12-18 year old teens who create these. The main one is on Wikia, which may not be the best environment for kids because, well, Wikia. Also, Skype calls with community members are extremely encouraged among the well-known users. As for these kids themselves, they're usually just as supportive, but they can be immature at best and drama queens at the worst. It's also really easy to become well-known, pretty much all one would have to do is get VIP (which is actually pretty cheap) make a lot of videos and join a fansite. TL;DR Good site for kids, may taste 15 minutes of fame a little early.
Parent Written byfatman123 October 29, 2011

fun

it is fun
Parent of a 9 year old Written bybranden1 March 12, 2011

liking the zimmertwins

i like it
Kid, 9 years old January 19, 2011

Great for all

I love making little videos for my little brother and reading out the words to him I think its a really fun website even for tweens !!
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2011

Good for all ages! (But they have to know how to type!)

I love this site! I have the VIP membership, witch is EXTRA fun! This site rocks! Some bad kids can go on and post bad words! This one member has a REALLY basd word in his username! The reason I posted all the bad stuff is guys can make a movie on that stuff! So kids sould just FLAG it! Useing the flag button!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byScottB January 9, 2011

Great site! I'dlove it on the iPad.

Requires flash, so it doesn't work with iPad/iPhone, but works Great from my computer. Great site!
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2011

perfect for tweens

i love it id be perfect for me
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2010

Cool!

Its a very fun website! Its fun to make the videos ;)
Kid, 7 years old November 5, 2010

Perfect for 6+

I love it!
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written bymarsant September 4, 2010

Very Simple, Very Fun!

OK, Seriously this is one of the most simple and fun sites I have let my child on. Kids will pick up easily on how to create their own movie. The great part is how excited tey get to show you their film debut. Parents this is also a guilty pleasure alert as you will find yourselves also becoming a small film director when you create your own films. Great fun.