Kid reviews for 5-Minute Crafts

Innocuous how-to videos of hands doing things a better way.

Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2019

Dumb

Lots of the 'life hacks' don't work and there are loads of life hacks which are not for kids e.g there was one video with 'wear 3 bras to make your chest look bigger' ew

Teen, 13 years old Written byaverage-teen January 13, 2020

SUPER INAPPROPRIATE -- WARNING!!!!

5-Minute crafts is a disgusting channel. It tries to hide very inappropriate materials in "kids craft' videos.
One day I was innocently watching a 5-minute crafts video when all of a sudden the video that once was craft became a "couple facts" video. I continued watching. Comparisons of couples that have been together a long time and a short time kept coming up. WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN a comparison of how couples have sex came up. They were fully clothed but still, it was pretty scarring!!!
I am deeply dissapointed in 5-minute crafts for showing that type of content.
THIS IS A WARNING
DO NOT WATCH

Teen, 13 years old Written byelond002 October 30, 2018

Not worth it

Dangerous crafts including melting items and using sharp tools. These crafts are not safe for little kids to use. As well as this, the crafts are pointless.
Kid, 11 years old February 16, 2019

Just a company attempting to earn cash

All of 5 minute craft’s videos are over 10 minutes long, all monetized, and they post a few times a day. They have multiple channels such as 5 minute crafts kids, 5 minute crafts girly, slick slime Sam, and more, which all post the same way. They’re all part of the bright side network (bright side is a large channel that tends to post clickbaity videos). All of these videos are like a sees lolipop for the youtube algorithm: youtube can’t get enough. Don’t let ur kid watch 5 minute crafts, unless they wish to give money to a random company. Please get your kid away from this channel.

Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2019

Dangerous "crafts"- I reported!

This channel is just for the money. Common Sense has no idea what they are talking about- safe for a 5 year old? Their latest video on the KIDS channel at the time of this review has HOT GLUE GUN "tips"- and at the five minute mark, it shows a girl putting hot glue on her fingernail! Definitely not safe, for anyone! Block this channel on your devices, and never comment, like, or give them a view.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolpool785 February 12, 2019

Bad channel clickbaits "life hacks"

Nothing about this works. None of these "hacks" work at all, and the ones that do are either stolen from other channels or too complex/pointless for it to be useful (EX: make a fully functioning hand out of popsicle sticks and rubber bands to hold a soda can). Infact, TrromTroom (a channel owned by 5MC) ENCOURAGES KIDS TO BRING KNIFES TO SCHOOL! No joke! The video tells kids to bring utility knifes to schools to hide a spoon to eat ice cream. Also, "The Bright Side (Another channel owned by 5MC) is possibly worse. It tells riddles or "gives advice" which still doesn't work. They just clickbait to exploit the YouTube algorithm for money. They aren't even entertaining. Not worth it and I'm very confused as to why they have over 40 million subscribers.
Kid, 8 years old December 14, 2018

Be creative!

I think 5 minute crafts is the best because they recycle a lot and they are very creative they can use plastic bottles,rocks,shampoo and lots and lots of things they are the best at recycling trash one time they used many corks and made a carpet for the bathroom,that is super creative.5 minute crafts is the BEST!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byishaalimtiaz10 January 14, 2020

DANGEROUS AND MISLEADING CHANNEL

5 Minutes crafts and other channels similar (Like Blossom, Troom Troom, SoYummy, and more), are money farms.

They upload a lot of things innapropiate for anyone to try at home. Most of their hacks are either useless, don't work, or dangerous. Kids and adults both have died because of this channel!

Not only that, they re uploud the same content shuffled around a bit again and again so there is only 3 minutes of new content every time.

Becuase of this, real, good, youtubers are pushed down and away because they simply can't keep up with the amount of times the money farms upload a week, even if little of the content uploaded is new.

People who try hard and make real, interesting, and educational work are pushed out, and 5 minutes craft and other money farms with fake, 'satisfying', and miseducational work are pulled in.

There are a lot of things I've seen on this channel that are wrong. That are miseducating kids. It's terrible. Avoid these channels at all costs.

Please.
Thank you.

Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2019

Clickbait! Clickbait everywhere!

Don’t waste your time. This is made by a content farm in Russia. They run Bright Side (which lies to you. That’s dangerous) and they run the YouTube channel ACTUALLY HAPPENED (which has fake stories. This was proven by the YouTuber Jarvis Johnson.) None of the life hacks work, and they can be very detrimental to your health.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLalaland011 February 29, 2020

Inappropriate

There is condoms used, a couple that tries to undress the girl, a girl pretending to cheat on her husband with a fake Person. Also they have a girl saying bad words, and her father tapes her mouth shut. No one should be watching this. Another person on youtube tried these and he came close to death.

Teen, 17 years old Written bywren321 November 19, 2019

Most “life hacks” either don’t work or are downright dangerous

Almost none of the content on this channel delivers what it promises if you try it out in real life. I guess that’s to be expected on a channel like this, but I could see it disappointing younger kids who bought a ton of materials and wasted loads of time on crafts that just don’t work. Also, some of what they promote seems really dangerous to me—the videos are sped up so you can’t see clear instructions, and the people on the channel frequently do dangerous things like touch still-hot hot glue or use exacto knives on surfaces they aren’t designed for. Someone could very easily hurt themselves if they tried to follow one of these videos.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKool-Aid girl February 9, 2019

Better channels

They reuse their short videos clips. Some of the hacks don't work and there is better solutions to the hacks.
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2019

Yeah

So I said 10+, but that’s just for the people that want to do the diys. Young kids can watch this. This channel is kind of annoying because they put the same diys in almost every video, and some videos have things that aren’t for young kids, but they probably won’t know what they are.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySaiouma August 24, 2021

HAHA WHAT?!

YOU WANT ME TO FRAME A DART THAT I ACCIDENTALLY SMASHED INTO THE WALL?! WHAT?? Thank you for amusing me Five Minute Crafts, I'll watch you whenever I want to laugh.

Obvious clickbait, obvious attempts to be stupid at this point. Like are they trolling or serious? Because they're literally making me crack up. At least they don't narrate it with stupid voices like Troom Troom, but I can see you're slowly becoming terrible at what you do.

I remember when this channel was actually good so maybe you should go back to actually putting effort into these videos.

Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2021

It's just meh

Five Minutes Crafts: When I first discovered it, I was happy. But after actually TRYING some of the "hacks" I was pretty upset. Yet I watch it anyway because it's a good way to kill time, so...it's just, meh.
[By the way, why is this review also in the Adult Reviews section? I tried to change it -- no go.]
Teen, 15 years old Written byGameSlayer612 July 21, 2021

It’s Just Not Worth It

I honestly watched this channel a lot and a lot of the hacks involve lighters and xacto knives. Plus, I agree with whoever says it’s aimed at kids, they’re likely to copy the hacks and put themselves in danger.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBunnicula June 6, 2021

Keep your kids away!

Well, for one thing, almost all of these hacks are useless, but some of them are dangerous! One video said to put strawberries in BLEACH to make white strawberries. Nowhere in the video did it say not to eat them, and that part of the video has been removed, but that doesn't mean that that kind of thing won't happen again.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPlanner2003SD May 17, 2021

what the crap?

I saw a girl put in like 3 effin bras and maked her boobs or tites bigget not for little kids at all!

Teen, 14 years old Written byLordofLag May 10, 2021

...Whaaat?

This isn't a matter of age (although there's some stuff about puberty, which isn't suitable for kids), this is just garbage. The hacks almost never work, it's mostly clickbait, and some of it is just dangerous. I'd rather watch DEMON SLAYER than this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzararoberts93 April 20, 2021

THE WORST CHANNEL EVER

I HATE THIS CHANNEL ITS FULL OF CLICKBAIT AND STUPID STUFF THAT DON'T WORK. DON'T BOTHER WATCHING THIS, IT NEVER INCLUDES STUFF THAT YOU SEE IN THE THUMBNAIL.