Parent reviews for Good Mythical Morning

Gross food, lots of laughs between two buddies.

Adult Written byCustomsound79 February 4, 2020

Well rounded entertainment but will catch you off guard

The cleverness of the show for the last few years and the overall clean nature lends itself to be a choice for good family entertainment, and all of a sudden it isn't. We can be laughing at them eating off the wall things and out of nowhere they are discussing "Tom Cruise's ballsack" or mentioning "rough sex". That's when I'm lunging for the remote. It's to the point that I don't trust them anymore to watch when my daughters are in earshot. It's a huge disappointment because they have the chops to be entertaining enough without alienating the families with young children. Also they do curse in their podcast that my kids were listening to which I had to find out after it was too late. They do consume alcohol on some episodes which isn't that big a deal to us.
Adult Written byJohn Ricken June 1, 2019

Dependable Clean* Fun

Creative and original content. They stay true with their titles (no misleads or clickbait). A show enjoyable by both parents and kids. They support LGBTQ+ community, an improvement in comedy.

Adult Written byzootopiafan9000t August 22, 2018

Good Show For The Whole Family To Enjoy

This is a family friendly show. If your kids can't handle it, it's your fault, not Rhett and Link's.

Adult Written byBristow.d August 10, 2020

No longer family friendly like it once was...

We began watching Good Mythical Morning early on in its formation. It was more of a family friendly show then with Rhett and Link doing funny non scripted bits and funny taste tests. However, recently, the show has way too much sexual innuendo for our kids to watch. We aren't prudes, but having one star talk about self gratification during a cereal taste test was the last straw (with our three young kids in the room asking about it). Frankly, I don't think they need this in their show - they'd get views without it (and possibly even more).
Adult Written byGirlMom34 July 18, 2020

Content change!

My daughter watched GMM for quite some time and really enjoyed it! I even got into it and watched it with her. Then they got bigger and bigger. They renounced their faith and have gotten filthier and filthier. Little innuendo jokes about sex and male genitals. Not good without supervision for sure.

Adult Written byMISSES_MASSACRE January 5, 2020

Clean, Funny, and Educational

These guys have always kept it clean and appropriate, and are definitely big kids, basically. Very clean guys, family-oriented, educational, fun experiments, and dependable to remain this way. I've watched them for a few years, and I'm 36 years old, so it's not a show that'll annoy parents when their kids watch it, either.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byBagolfina August 20, 2019

Internetainment for the whole family

Good Mythical Morning is a fun, clean daily "talk show" featuring games, taste tests, and the like hosted by two fathers and best friends. The show is meant for all ages, not just kids, so the main concern is that many innuendos slip under the radar. However, most of these will go over a kid's head -- they are very subtle, but teens and adults may get a kick out of them. Swear words are very rarely used but censored when they are. Merch is available, but not very in-your-face promoted.
Adult Written bySmyle4mee July 28, 2019

Humorous, original, and downright entertaining

My kids know every song.... and have my husband and I glued to each episode. They are funny, uniquely clever, and just beyond entertaining to watch.... I will say, we got stuck on watching GMM to the point I cancelled my directv after 15yrs. There was no point in having it even 90% of the time we are watching gmm, gmmore, eat biscuits and so on.

Adult Written byn7shepard March 1, 2019

Good for older kids (but sometimes best under parental guidance)

Rhett and Link are insanely entertaining and for the most are good, family-friendly fun. The earlier seasons are a lot more younger-kid friendly and a bit less gross-out/stunt humor. Lots of goofy sketches, dad jokes, family/childhood stories, silly stunts, and educational episodes.

With the latter seasons, they have become a bit more edgy with content that may go over younger kids' heads, but are still frequent.
A few of the newer episodes had included some questionable content including: vasectomies (on-camera, but no nudity shown), Valentine's night innuendos and edible panties, condom brand jokes, butt-slapping contest, and dangerous stunts. One most notably is an episode featuring Jack Black which gets rather racy in the main episode and Good Mythical More.

They don't frequently or predominately use bad language except for a few rare utterances of 'damn', 'ass', 'balls', 'ejaculation', 'dick', 'penis', 'booty/butt', 'vaginal/vagina', 'semen/sperm', or 'a-hole'.

As far as dangerous stunts, they always fore-warn not to try stunts at home. It is generally best for parents to sit and explain this as well for younger audiences.

Good Mythical More is a little bit more for the parents than the kids and can hold the more debatable content.

Overall, Good Mythical Morning is a great show for families to enjoy with older kids!

Adult Written byRulesdon'tapply... December 22, 2018
Adult Written byCynder960 October 29, 2018

Adult Written byVincent P. October 23, 2018

Mostly harmless but... be careful

Rhett and link have a hilarious channel but lately in there videos, I have be noticing lots of innuendos. Like in a recent episode called "Whats Going on Under the Blanket" well it started out harmless but.... Over all I think gmm is incredible and if you have a mature child in middle school gmm should be fine for him/her.

Adult Written byBlade3 October 1, 2018

Not over the top bad at first but still pretty bad

I hate this channel the first seasons were okay, then the started putting innuendo in there video's I personally felt gross when watching this,also they swear yes the beep out the f-word but you can tell what the said. I WOULD not recommend this for child.

Adult Written byhelloloona September 1, 2018

Great for nearly all ages

Rhett and Link make family friendly content that is entertaining to most age groups. Often educational on some level but mostly humorous content.

Parent Written byAgitatedSmile July 17, 2018

Family friendly

They never use swear words. They teach you things. They make you laugh. They open discussions. If there WAS something suggestive in any of their videos, a child 1) would not get it at all and 2) has heard way worse in the real world, I promise. They are very respective and sweet. Totally harmless. If your child can not handle this channel, it is your fault, not Rhett and Link's fault.

Parent of a 8 and 13-year-old Written byrobellyro September 2, 2017

Mostly Fun and Kooky

I have watched this You Tube show several times with and without my children. While my 8 year old has seen it (with me), there have been a few moments that I felt were not appropriate for him. These were mostly for suggestive remarks or language. For the most part these two guys are joking around and being funny around a theme for the day. The theme is often a product or idea they have seen onthe internet. They will test products and make each other try stuff that may be gross. They two guys have a good time with each other and are usually clean. The messages are nothing high brow, but they do demonstrate a fun way to challenge without danger or going to far. The production value is high for this type of genre as they have a set and crew.
Because they review products there is consumerism, but they don't flat out promote things just because they are giving free stuff.