Kid reviews for It's JoJo Siwa

Super high-energy teen's channel packed with self-promotion.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChill_Bill May 18, 2018

Jojo with the Bow Bow

SO MUCH CONSUMERISM! She is always promoting herself, and her lifestyle is unrealistic and downright idiotic. Her parents are wrapped around her finger, and ALL THE CLICKBATE! Every little girl at my school sports "jojo bows" and they look hideous- no offense- but I am not really a fan of young girls idolizing a 15 year olf who wears 8-year-old clothes and promotes her millionaire-lifestyle. Sure, she has a good message and all, but Jojo is rude to fans, often clickbaiting and denying photos with them. Jojo is a dissapointment to girls around the world, and is just another prim pageant girl with peroxide blonde hair.

Teen, 17 years old Written byWjiet July 25, 2019

If this ain't jojo's bizarre adventure I don't care

Watch jojo's bizarre adventure instead
Teen, 15 years old Written byDonut N. May 26, 2018

JOJO IS BAD

Jojo got her fame from dance moms. I personally believe she isn’t a good role model, however, you can’t protect your kids from everything. Some of the songs on “lip sync shorties” May have inappropriate lyrics, and even though they replace them, you can kinda tell which lyrics are which. (Ex - im gonna do ya, etc)

Jojo advertises CONSTANTLY. She tells fans to buy her merch and do other stuff. Believe me, I have seen kids begging for her stuff at Christmas. All she does is advertise to buy her “bows” or whatever, and her socks, etc.

Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2018

Not such a good choice...

Please don't hate on me, I'm just going to voice out my opinion. Alright, let me just get straight to the point here: I do not like Jojo Siwa whatsoever. It promotes stereotypes that girls should wear bows and dress in bright colours, and dance, etc. Jojo Siwa herself is rather bratty and throws tantrums from time to time, and I do not think this is suitable for young children to watch.

She also does act way younger than her age, wearing a large bow on her head at age 15 is acceptable, while whining and being a brat is not. I find it odd and sort of disgusting that people would watch and promote content such as this, since it is an overload of consumerism, and she is rude, especially in Dance Moms, particularly to the other girls, her own mom, other mothers on the show, Abby (I don't blame Jojo for being rude to her, though), and more.

Jojo has also bragged to the other dancers and underestimated some of their skills and talent.

All in all, these shows promote anti-feminism and depict girls as those who should wear pink, wear bows, and more. I don't think they are good role models, even if it all actually is scripted.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychrisshanaz March 13, 2020

Wth is this? This isn’t jojo bizzare adventures

Teen, 13 years old Written byaverage-teen January 13, 2020

AVOID AT ALL COSTS - read why

Jojo Siwa's channel promotes fame, consumerism, rudeness, selfishness, brattiness and being dumb. Jojo Siwa is all about how famous she is, how much money she has and how much stuff she has. She doesn't care about anything else.

She brainwashes kids into thinking that the only way to be "happy, like her " is to become famous, be on dumb shows and act like you are a 3 year old in front of the whole world.

Jojo Siwa has no class or respect. She screams instead of talking except it's 100x faster. It's like watching a video on volume 100 sped up to speed 100. She cant focus on one thing for more that 5 seconds, she jumps and changes what she is saying so fast that you can't even understand her.

She lies to the world by making up a fake life that is overly full of drama in order to gain an audience and ends up brainwashing everyone into thinking that their lives should be like that. She is a " dancer " when she cant dance very well. She's also a "singer" when she can't sing!!!!! She screams instead of actually singing. This lowers kids standards by A LOT.

My friends watched Jojo when they were 10 , they were OBSESSED with her. I instantly realised why they where so obnoxious and into themselves. They were trying to become Jojo Siwa. Even I became a bit into her videos, even though I knew she acted dumb. I was brainwashed for a bit. People watching her start forcing themselves to dance when they know that is not what they like and start to do acting, when they know that is not what they enjoy. I even know someone who asked If they could do modelling because of her. Let your kids know that they can have have interests that are not 'becoming famous' and that you can be happy without being famous.

So do NOT let your kids watch Jojo Siwa!!! Let them be their non-obnoxious selves.
Here are some alternate YouTube channels that are much better than hers:

hijosh
hijosh is a funny youtube account that is COMPLETELY appropriate for kids and funny for all ages.

Georgia Productions
Georgia productions is a hilarious comedian from Australia.
She is for ages 9+

I hope that you make the right decision,
average-teen

Kid, 10 years old August 11, 2018

Too much.

First, I would just like to say, she is acting like she is 5, she is like 15! Okay, I personally dislike her, always promoting her dolls and bows. Trying to remember her on Dance Moms is a lot better than thinking of her on YouTube.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybluepickle April 17, 2020

nope

heh. she thinks she's soooo funny.
Also-- too much advertising her MeRcH

Teen, 13 years old Written bygabby313923 July 20, 2018

Consumerism and she's also really annoying

Don't bother. Jojo Siwa is constantly promoting herself and she's so excited about everything it's fake. She wears her hair up in a tight ponytail with her precious bow bow. She's like the same age as me and she acts like she's 2. Her bows are also hideous and you see them everywhere.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGalaxy03 December 21, 2018

Stop Harrasing!

I’m not a big fan of Jojo Siwa and yes she seems that she has the power to get whatever she wants, yes she can be annoying, and yes she is going overboard with her merchandise. But at least she sends out positive messages from her songs and she supports anti-bullying. And besides everyone has their own issues that they may not know.

Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2018

Cheesy and always wanting to sell merchandise.

Wants to sell merchandise and tells fans all the time to buy it. Her videos are cheesy and annoying.

Teen, 14 years old Written byflower-power July 12, 2020

Too self centered

She always talks about herself in a baby way. I wish she was more mature and more of an influence to teens

Teen, 14 years old Written byKaeTheCat August 15, 2019

Why

She just seems like a bad influence (being bratty and spoiled) and the way she acts like she's 8 just baffles me and not to mention how much she boasts about how rich and successful she is.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolGirlClaire July 11, 2019

JoJo is a great, positive role model!

JoJo Siwa is a great role model for girls everywhere. She promotes kindness which is great because not enough people do that lately. JoJo is a down the earth, nice girl who believes you should be nice to everyone which is also great! Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition And Dance Moms might of potrayed her as bratty but that’s on the producers. Yes, JoJo can be loud sometimes but that’s just her personality. She does dress in sparkles and hair bows which is different from the typical teen style but it’s great she’s being herself. All of her songs also have a positive message. I recommend her channel to anyone looking for a fun channel to watch!

Teen, 13 years old Written byJimbo1 November 2, 2018

Stupid

She is super annoying and sold out to Nickelodeon.
P.S. She sounds like a smoker; I can’t believe she ever sang
P.S.S. I would say no hate but... lots of hate

Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2018

JoJo Siwa

Ok, Jojo Siwa is very accracting to little kids. She has a very positive vibe and she is always surrounded by fun bright colors. She is very high on consumerism and has a line of dolls and bows. Little kids love her.
But older kids would most likely think she is annoying and fake. I personally think she is just a little over enthusiastic and just hard to watch.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNinjaKiwiFan July 6, 2018

The Consumerism is big

Can I just say how annoying this girl is? She basically advertises anything AND everything! Glad my sister grew out of the Jojo phase...

Teen, 13 years old Written byItz meh February 6, 2020

Seriously???

No matter how many people think she is a good role model, she's not. She is quite full of herself. She also tries to market her merch in her videos. She has a car with her face ALL OVER IT! I don't think she is any kind of role model.

Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplerain December 17, 2019

Not really a kids channel?

I know she is targeting kids, and I haven’t watched many of her videos, but as a whole person, her influence doesn’t seem too positive for kids? Yes, she likes to spread “positivity” but I mostly just see her yelling into the camera at a thousand miles an hour, with her hair in her iconic “JoJo bow” which she mentions many times throughout her videos, and often shows other JoJo merchandise there is available to buy on her channel. It’s great teaching confidence e.c.t in her songs and videos, but buying a car with your face on it... seems questionable. and her “boomerang song” seems like a great comeback for bullies but most teens have mocked it, and I agree that she doesn’t really reinforce a lot of positivity? Or maybe i’m just not seeing the videos where she does.

Teen, 16 years old Written byVivi_1213 November 20, 2019

WHY JOJO SIWA IS NOT MEANT FOR KIDS

So, this is my honest opinion: JoJo Siwa is not meant for kids. At first I thought she was okay. I even allowed my daughter to watch her music videos. However, one day, I came across an interview of her. Of course, she was just a kid back then, but you could see her pretense and arrogance! She stated, "I'm a princess! Duh!" Her manner, even now as a teen, is just simply RUDE. This is just my view, but JoJo Siwa is a bad influence on children. Secondly, she is a vain and self centered person. She acted like SHE deserved to get everything she wanted in various interviews that I watched after coming across the first one. Her vain and arrogant behavior will cause children to imitate her so once again : JOJO SIWA IS NOT MEANT FOR KIDS.