Parent reviews for Ryan Toys Review

Popular unboxing vids are heavy on the commercialism.

Adult Written bymamapantalones June 21, 2018

Incredibly annoying

While my 3 year old loves this channel, my husband and I can't stand it. There's really no purpose to it, and the mother's voice is so extremely loud and obnoxious even when we have it set to the lowest volume on his tablet it is still extremely loud.

Adult Written byVidya R. May 15, 2018

Waste of time

Its just a video to make lot of money with those kids by their parents. My kid is watching it non stop just to waste his time, knowledge and skill. I'm just finding out ways to block those videos. ill be helpful if someone can suggest the way to block those completely from my gadgets.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bySusana V. November 21, 2017

Addictive for my kids

I don't what's up with this channel but my kids always want to watch it. It has no educational value. The family behind this channel shares with you every trip, holiday, birthday, etc - with their 2 kids now (Ryan an his baby sister) opening presents. If you Google Ryan's Toys Reviews you'll see that it is a very profitable channel. Commercialism pure and simple. Don't partake.

Parent Written bysylver71 August 30, 2017

It's not mindless, it's insidious

Nothing more than a tool for marketing to very young children. Zero value to kids.

Parent Written bypapa r. June 7, 2018

plastic worshipping revenue machine kids creator

garbage, pure garbage. just another way to manipulate kids to make money for this tipe of parents

Parent of a 3, 6, and 10 year old Written byJfkhloe September 8, 2018

Terrible example for children

Young brains are impressionable and this is completely not what I want my child to witness as “fun”. I have deleted YouTube kids from my child’s device because he was beginning to think that all families live like this - $1000’s worth of new toys every week, parents who play with them 24/7, hours at arcades, Disney, etc. This family is manipulating a very cute, smart kid for financial gain. The mother’s voice is probably the most annoying sound I’ve heard come out of an iPad. She dominates every video and screams and giggles a shrill sound nonstop. Torture. The dad is tolerable. Now I let him occasionally use my device to watch Blippy, songs, etc. otherwise, YouTube is now gone for him, thanks to Ryan.

Adult Written bybreanac1986 August 16, 2018

Not Good For kid behavior

while I let my daughter watch this when she was 2 and 3 I just cant let her watch it anymore. I understand that it is supposed to be toy reviews, and when it was that it was fine. but now he is hawking his own toy line at us and I wont give him more money. The parents are obnoxious and film everything, I never see him diciplined when he is acting bratty. I think it is one of the reasons my daughter thinks it's ok to whine. I stopped letting her watch this a week ago and the behavior is 100 percent better. I don't know what it is about this show but it just feels dirty.

Adult Written byBrianPatrick03 August 27, 2018

Targeting your toddlers like cigarette companies....

This channel is not only non educational, and inappropriate for its target audience it’s strait up dangerous and should be blocked by most parents. Let me say , I used to really enjoy when this channel was new and they were a family having fun playing and reviewing common toys. Somewhere along the way the mother has let greed take control of her . As a father , I can tell you there is no way a 4-5 year old kid wants to push out a YouTube video every 4 hrs. Every 4 hours! These videos are keyworded and tagged creatively to specifically target your children and appear in the related searches of other videos they watch . They are literally TARGETING YOUR CHILDREN. ( Reminds me of old cigarette company tactics) Some of these videos are completely inappropriate. I found my son looking for household chemicals to mix because he saw it on Ryan’s Toy reviews and wanted to know what other things did when they mix. (His mom used to be a science teacher so she encourages toddlers to do experiments) Another is pitching “Cozmo” .... a $300 robot toy built for adults for in the office.... Or how about when they pretend it’s the first day of school and treat it like Bart Simpson and show kids how NOT to behave, the wrong way to act.... the whole show is misinforming kids. Young kids ... the ages that don’t know any better. They also coincidentally disable all comments on videos. They have now added a new channel called Ryan’s Family Reviews where they again use keywords and tags with related video feeds to target your children. This is why they have millions of views but not a lot of “likes”. They have also been accused of buying views and likes. They’re frauds and again they are targeting kids. They should be shut down imo, but there is no one to complain to. It’s a mess.

Adult Written byLisaDa August 27, 2018

Exploitation

The fact that the parents quit their jobs and are living off of Ryan is disgusting. Worse yet more of the family members are going on his show. (Princess T is the mothers sister) The mother is annoying and the father can get nasty sometimes. I don't think Ryan has any real friends, They don't teach children anything, which is odd since the mother WAS a teacher. Its a waste of time.

Parent Written byChristine F. August 20, 2018

Waste of time!

My 3 yrs old loves watching his videos and I can’t stand it anymore. He throws tantrums when I won’t let him watch his videos. I wish YouTube have an option to block certain channels. It’s getting out of control. He’s just wasting his time with on this nonsense. He’s not learning anything good from this it’s just teaching kids to become more materialistic.

Adult Written byPeaceonearth August 4, 2018

It's called Ryan toy review for a reason.

My son loves to watch Ryan and he's family. Since this channel isn't educational I limit the amount of time he watches. This is a toy review channel not meant to educate...

Adult Written byMarniemoo September 16, 2018

Entertaining

My little girl loves watching Ryan, as for everyone saying it's exploitation and non educational then obviously you do not watch it with your child... there is alot of educational things they do and not everything is playing with expensive toys. Showing kids how to make things from cardboard boxes etc. Seen a few comments also saying ryan is "bratty", I've never once in the hundreds of times I have watched this with my daughter, saw him act spoilt or ungrateful. This all started because ryan wanted to be like his friend in school and do YouTube videos of him playing with his own toys his parents bought for him, then toy chains via YouTube got in touch as he was getting so many views... if this happened to me I would quit my job too as getting paid to spend time with your child recording playing toys etc seems like an amazing thing, your not missing out anything and can share it with the world. Jealousy gets you nowhere leave him be, the kids love it!

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byRebekah S. April 13, 2018

Fun kids channel

My children adore Ryan and his family's videos. Join Ryan as he plays with lots of toys, games, and conducts experiments with the help of his hands-on parents.

Adult Written byKariB_86 September 18, 2018

No purpose & Mother’s Voice Super Annoying!

I cannot stand this show. There is absolutely no point to it and the mother’s voice is super annoying. I feel bad for Ryan that his family are using him to make some cash

Adult Written bykelseyr89 September 7, 2018

Spoiled brats

In one episode I watched this kid literally pull out A few hundred dollars of toys from this stupid superman egg!!! Are you kidding me? Not to mention so far I have counted this kid has AT LEAST 5 power wheel . Buying your kid(s) that many toys is outrageous! How do you ever come up with Christmas/birthday presents? When this kid gets hundreds of toys a week!!!???? There is nothing educational about these videos and I think it makes less fortunate families look bad cause it leaves kids wanting everything this Ryan kid has!!!!! My child won't be watching Ryan's videos that is for sure!!!!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMissMaced September 15, 2018

Entertaining Consumerism

My son is autistic and loves watching this show. He really likes other kids and silly antics and the sound effects, so this show is perfect for him. But it is blatant consumerism. At least it's silly.

Adult Written byB Price September 9, 2018

Family Teamwork

I see the parents spend a lot of times with their kids. They are learning and bonding at the same time. Very close family!

Adult Written bylindal53 August 22, 2018

Ryan and his family

Here is a little boy interacting in a positive way with his family. This particular child is obviously loved and having fun. His parents appear to really enjoy playing with him. My grandson loves watching him when he is staying with me. In moderation there is nothing wrong with watching this kiddo. Innocent entertainment.
Adult Written byAstarisborn October 6, 2018

I hate this channel

Everything about it. Ok, no, mostly the mom. Seriously awful. Its a giant commercial (which they don't hide) and are ALWAYS talking about freakin McDonalds. It is all so iritating. For anyone wondering how to block it, you have to log in to your youtube account or your google account. If you are on a cell phone app, you can block individual videos by clicking on the 3 verticle dots and selecting "block video". If you want to block the channel (in the app), use the search function, using the title Ryans ToyReview, and the first result will be the channel. Again, click on the 3 dots and click "block channel." You are welcome.

Adult Written byDgreatestest September 28, 2018

Spoiled children

My daughter loves watching Ryan's toy review, I myself cannot stand his channel. I do not like his parents voices and I think they are extremely greedy individuals .I cannot find where, or if even donates his toys to needy children. What kid needs that many toys and donations when they already met their expectations on becomming rich? There are many kids without, so why does this child need anything more, I am with success and am not a hater, but when I see people forking their money out to a boy who isn't struggling and has it all, doesn't make any sense to me. Children out there are starving and also would love to just own 1 toy. As parents we would do anything for our children,but asking for more money so your son can sit there and play with a 1000 toys... What kind of ppl are you? I don't care if the kids like his channel, I dont. Why do u think he has so many viewers? Because those kids don't have everything he does. Or they'd be playing with their own DAMN toys.