Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Ryan Toys Review

Popular unboxing vids are heavy on the commercialism.

Adult Written bymamapantalones June 21, 2018

Incredibly annoying

While my 3 year old loves this channel, my husband and I can't stand it. There's really no purpose to it, and the mother's voice is so extremely loud and obnoxious even when we have it set to the lowest volume on his tablet it is still extremely loud.

Adult Written byVidya R. May 15, 2018

Waste of time

Its just a video to make lot of money with those kids by their parents. My kid is watching it non stop just to waste his time, knowledge and skill. I'm just finding out ways to block those videos. ill be helpful if someone can suggest the way to block those completely from my gadgets.
Adult Written byDaniMcDD June 23, 2018

Terrible

The mother's voice is very annoying, they have so many channels on youtube, and now ryans toys review, ryans family review, the auntie have a toy, a channel where ryan and his father play roblox ( roblox is full of paedos) I wonder if they really think we are fools to think that child isn't being exploited! not to mention that the parents always happy playing with the child make other parents look miserable. it is about time they close that channel enjoy their life and get out of my telly!

Adult Written byAstarisborn October 6, 2018

I hate this channel

Everything about it. Ok, no, mostly the mom. Seriously awful. Its a giant commercial (which they don't hide) and are ALWAYS talking about freakin McDonalds. It is all so iritating. For anyone wondering how to block it, you have to log in to your youtube account or your google account. If you are on a cell phone app, you can block individual videos by clicking on the 3 verticle dots and selecting "block video". If you want to block the channel (in the app), use the search function, using the title Ryans ToyReview, and the first result will be the channel. Again, click on the 3 dots and click "block channel." You are welcome.

Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bySusana V. November 21, 2017

Addictive for my kids

I don't what's up with this channel but my kids always want to watch it. It has no educational value. The family behind this channel shares with you every trip, holiday, birthday, etc - with their 2 kids now (Ryan an his baby sister) opening presents. If you Google Ryan's Toys Reviews you'll see that it is a very profitable channel. Commercialism pure and simple. Don't partake.

Parent Written bysylver71 August 30, 2017

It's not mindless, it's insidious

Nothing more than a tool for marketing to very young children. Zero value to kids.

Adult Written byBrianPatrick03 August 27, 2018

Targeting your toddlers like cigarette companies....

This channel is not only non educational, and inappropriate for its target audience it’s strait up dangerous and should be blocked by most parents. Let me say , I used to really enjoy when this channel was new and they were a family having fun playing and reviewing common toys. Somewhere along the way the mother has let greed take control of her . As a father , I can tell you there is no way a 4-5 year old kid wants to push out a YouTube video every 4 hrs. Every 4 hours! These videos are keyworded and tagged creatively to specifically target your children and appear in the related searches of other videos they watch . They are literally TARGETING YOUR CHILDREN. ( Reminds me of old cigarette company tactics) Some of these videos are completely inappropriate. I found my son looking for household chemicals to mix because he saw it on Ryan’s Toy reviews and wanted to know what other things did when they mix. (His mom used to be a science teacher so she encourages toddlers to do experiments) Another is pitching “Cozmo” .... a $300 robot toy built for adults for in the office.... Or how about when they pretend it’s the first day of school and treat it like Bart Simpson and show kids how NOT to behave, the wrong way to act.... the whole show is misinforming kids. Young kids ... the ages that don’t know any better. They also coincidentally disable all comments on videos. They have now added a new channel called Ryan’s Family Reviews where they again use keywords and tags with related video feeds to target your children. This is why they have millions of views but not a lot of “likes”. They have also been accused of buying views and likes. They’re frauds and again they are targeting kids. They should be shut down imo, but there is no one to complain to. It’s a mess.

Parent of a 3, 6, and 10 year old Written byJfkhloe September 8, 2018

Terrible example for children

Young brains are impressionable and this is completely not what I want my child to witness as “fun”. I have deleted YouTube kids from my child’s device because he was beginning to think that all families live like this - $1000’s worth of new toys every week, parents who play with them 24/7, hours at arcades, Disney, etc. This family is manipulating a very cute, smart kid for financial gain. The mother’s voice is probably the most annoying sound I’ve heard come out of an iPad. She dominates every video and screams and giggles a shrill sound nonstop. Torture. The dad is tolerable. Now I let him occasionally use my device to watch Blippy, songs, etc. otherwise, YouTube is now gone for him, thanks to Ryan.

Parent Written bypapa r. June 7, 2018

plastic worshipping revenue machine kids creator

garbage, pure garbage. just another way to manipulate kids to make money for this tipe of parents

Adult Written byMarniemoo September 16, 2018

Entertaining

My little girl loves watching Ryan, as for everyone saying it's exploitation and non educational then obviously you do not watch it with your child... there is alot of educational things they do and not everything is playing with expensive toys. Showing kids how to make things from cardboard boxes etc. Seen a few comments also saying ryan is "bratty", I've never once in the hundreds of times I have watched this with my daughter, saw him act spoilt or ungrateful. This all started because ryan wanted to be like his friend in school and do YouTube videos of him playing with his own toys his parents bought for him, then toy chains via YouTube got in touch as he was getting so many views... if this happened to me I would quit my job too as getting paid to spend time with your child recording playing toys etc seems like an amazing thing, your not missing out anything and can share it with the world. Jealousy gets you nowhere leave him be, the kids love it!

Adult Written bybreanac1986 August 16, 2018

Not Good For kid behavior

while I let my daughter watch this when she was 2 and 3 I just cant let her watch it anymore. I understand that it is supposed to be toy reviews, and when it was that it was fine. but now he is hawking his own toy line at us and I wont give him more money. The parents are obnoxious and film everything, I never see him diciplined when he is acting bratty. I think it is one of the reasons my daughter thinks it's ok to whine. I stopped letting her watch this a week ago and the behavior is 100 percent better. I don't know what it is about this show but it just feels dirty.

Adult Written byLisaDa August 27, 2018

Exploitation

The fact that the parents quit their jobs and are living off of Ryan is disgusting. Worse yet more of the family members are going on his show. (Princess T is the mothers sister) The mother is annoying and the father can get nasty sometimes. I don't think Ryan has any real friends, They don't teach children anything, which is odd since the mother WAS a teacher. Its a waste of time.

Adult Written bykelseyr89 September 7, 2018

Spoiled brats

In one episode I watched this kid literally pull out A few hundred dollars of toys from this stupid superman egg!!! Are you kidding me? Not to mention so far I have counted this kid has AT LEAST 5 power wheel . Buying your kid(s) that many toys is outrageous! How do you ever come up with Christmas/birthday presents? When this kid gets hundreds of toys a week!!!???? There is nothing educational about these videos and I think it makes less fortunate families look bad cause it leaves kids wanting everything this Ryan kid has!!!!! My child won't be watching Ryan's videos that is for sure!!!!
Parent Written byChristine F. August 20, 2018

Waste of time!

My 3 yrs old loves watching his videos and I can’t stand it anymore. He throws tantrums when I won’t let him watch his videos. I wish YouTube have an option to block certain channels. It’s getting out of control. He’s just wasting his time with on this nonsense. He’s not learning anything good from this it’s just teaching kids to become more materialistic.

Adult Written byDgreatestest September 28, 2018

Spoiled children

My daughter loves watching Ryan's toy review, I myself cannot stand his channel. I do not like his parents voices and I think they are extremely greedy individuals .I cannot find where, or if even donates his toys to needy children. What kid needs that many toys and donations when they already met their expectations on becomming rich? There are many kids without, so why does this child need anything more, I am with success and am not a hater, but when I see people forking their money out to a boy who isn't struggling and has it all, doesn't make any sense to me. Children out there are starving and also would love to just own 1 toy. As parents we would do anything for our children,but asking for more money so your son can sit there and play with a 1000 toys... What kind of ppl are you? I don't care if the kids like his channel, I dont. Why do u think he has so many viewers? Because those kids don't have everything he does. Or they'd be playing with their own DAMN toys.

Adult Written byKariB_86 September 18, 2018

No purpose & Mother’s Voice Super Annoying!

I cannot stand this show. There is absolutely no point to it and the mother’s voice is super annoying. I feel bad for Ryan that his family are using him to make some cash

Adult Written byMomof4usa October 25, 2018

Ryan's Toy review only promotes Greed and Vanity

The youtube channel Ryan's toy reviews does not offer any valuable information on any products they promote. Nor is there any constructive description about the toys they discard afterwards. Their channel is not only a waste of time for the viewer but encourages a child to disregard the value of a meaningful gift. when it comes to their games they let Ryan win without challenging him to follow rules or learn to loose. Every toy gets tossed aside and forgotten after a few seconds only to open another . The entire channel devotes all their time and efforts to flaunt Materialistic ideals. Anyone who truly appreciates what they have wouldn't expect a new toy to fill the void in their lives. The whole promotion of material wealth is sickening and teaches nothing more than Greed and Vanity" Therefore loosing any purpose to review weather or not the item actually lasts more than one second. Overall the construction of each Item is as unstable and cheaply made as the family's perspective on what is important.
Adult Written byB Price September 9, 2018

Family Teamwork

I see the parents spend a lot of times with their kids. They are learning and bonding at the same time. Very close family!

Adult Written byPeaceonearth August 4, 2018

It's called Ryan toy review for a reason.

My son loves to watch Ryan and he's family. Since this channel isn't educational I limit the amount of time he watches. This is a toy review channel not meant to educate...

Adult Written byYoutubeMoneyGrab555 September 6, 2018

It is a plague STEER CLEAR

I wish it had never come up on auto play! It started with a good ol fashioned episode of paw patrol on YouTube. Apparently YouTube's algorithm lumps him in with legit cartoons. All it is, is a money grab for the obnoxious mother. She dumped all of her money into advertising and paying for paid time on YouTube then quit her job to receive free toys from companies that couldn't be bothered to donate to toys for tots much less donate to a charity. The poor boy seems on the verge of a meltdown when mommy won't buy toys ie: their paid trips to disneyland. (there's no need because SHE is sponsored from every toy company imaginable) Her husband seemed to genuinely enjoy it until she turned it into a greed fest. Now he just seems so forced. And tired, not physically but mentally beaten by her fake smile and negligence to her 2 daughters who didn't become important until she could sell them for views too. They went to Wal-Mart where they sell "Ryans" clothes and toys and they bought not 1 but 10 items. (Which means they get that money back to instead of taking any of the free products you KNOW they have. ) Odd that with ALLLLL the power wheels and money they have, she hasn't even given it a second thought to donate the toys he's out grown. Hoard, hoard, hoard. Or spent money on a gym membership or anything to care for herself better. It's been sad to see her inflate along with her money. I guess when you never want for basic things like food that's not something you worry about. I look forward to the day she can no longer cash in on her children and actually has to work again. It will be hilarious trying to explain "I quit my job to play with my sons toys for him because he want doing it right to get me enough views. " When youtube allows to block a channel from showing up on your feed (because right now it's like herpes, one time and its on there forever) it will be a glorious day.