All member reviews for Evil Genius

Complex tale of a criminal prodigy is engrossing but dark.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCasper April 9, 2008

Ooo...impressed, I didn't think it was going to be so...engrossing

I mean, the flap calls it "an engrossing thriller", which had me kind of raising my eyebrows in disbelief...And also, I have some strange fascination with child prodigies and aliens...But I read this and was very impressed at how deep some parts of it were. Overall, it is a very excellent read, though it does have some cussing and sexual references...Actually, it has a whole paragraph about Cadel being intrigued about sex. The violence isn't much, and I couldn't put the book down at all. I'm not joking. I read it nearly all throughout two days.

Kid, 11 years old Written byelgreggo April 9, 2008

Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written byMJB in TC November 19, 2010

A good read for me, NOT OK for under 16

No Way is this appropriate for 12 a year old. If you think the "bit of swearing' in this book is OK for your 12-15 year old, you need higher standards. I enjoyed the book.

Teen, 13 years old Written byphantom1412 April 9, 2008

Great book,

Most people would be to disturbed by the language in this book, so if your wondering should u let ur kids ready just make sure there mature enough. The title says a lot about the book. Word like bitch and S--t do come up but nothing a normal 13 yr old would hear every day in the lunch room. One thing is that this whole book is about criminal acts.

Its a great story for any teen that is bored with the good hero and wants to read about the kid that is not so strong but is devilishly smart in any way, if ur like me ull et a little devilish smile through this book.

Parent of a 11, 15, and 18 year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byHugeReader123 November 23, 2011

Okay Book.

1st off, there's a bit of cussing, a LOT of innuendo, such as: This girl and her boyfriend come back from a party with his shirt un zipped and she has a rose in her hair. Cadel looks at adult magazines, he thinks it's a good idea to have sex, just so he can be more experienced. The girl he likes thinks he's gay. Twins say that they want to take Cadel up to their room but can't cause he's off limits. The narrator says that the twins have very distinct eyes and breasts. One boy calls the twins a sl-t, b--ch, and so on. As for the violence, fingers are blown off, faces cut, heads cracked open, suicide, etc. The language consists of fifty uses of: p-ss off, da-m, god-amn, they use Jesus's name as a cuss word a lot. Cadel dresses up like a girl on several occasions, using make up and everything. not really any posotive messages. Cadel is told to never admit to anything, always lie, no matter who or what gets hurt. He makes the SAT tests fail everybody, and all of them are extremely depressed. I think one person commits suicide because they are so stressed over the topic.
But besides that, it's an okay book. :P

Teen, 14 years old Written byBel-chan March 5, 2010

Not a fan

Frankly, I found this book boring and slow-paced. Though I can normally become easily engrossed in my reading, it did not appeal to me or seem particularly interesting. The plot does not flow together and none of the characters are particularly likable.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

YUCK

This book had so much swearing I couldn't even get through the first chapter. I do not recommend this book at all.

Teen, 15 years old Written bystarcatcher April 9, 2008

loved it!

I loved this book! I thought it was fun, it was interesting, and the characters feel real, even if the situations are not. I know some people might not like it, because they don't like this kind of book. But, if you liked Artemis Fowl or other fantasy/adventure/kid power books, you'll like this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byb00kread3r9 July 9, 2010

Simply amazing for teens and tweens

It is a very good book. It completely sucked me in and is a very good piece of literature. However, there were swears that are lower on the "totem pole", and one bad word against women.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byfdsgsdfgfdggfdf... September 28, 2010

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the best book
summary:Cadel Piggot, a boy genius, and his adoptive parents arrive at the psychology office of Thaddeus Roth after a suggestion from the police who really are assigned by Cadel’s real father, an international crime orchestrator named Phineas Darkkon. Thaddeus is actually an agent working for Cadel’s real father. Thaddeus encourages Cadel to do things like causing major delays on freeways. They talk to Phineas (referred to as Dr. Darkkon) via a DNA-wired videophone, which prompts Cadel to want a DNA-wired pocket computer phone (now known as a smartphone). His dad agrees, and Cadel (who made the blueprints for the phone) uses it to start a dating site called Partner Post. But instead of matching people to other people, Cadel simply creates a fake “perfect match” profile every time someone signs up. Thaddeus wants Cadel to go to the Axis Institute for World Domination, but Cadel soon finds that he is under constant surveillance and engineers the downfall of the Institute by causing the breakup of social relationships between the teachers. One of Cadel?s teachers at the Institute falsely believes that Cadel and Thaddeus are going to fire him and kidnaps Cadel. Cadel breaks out by starting a fire with his pillow and mattress, and is rescued by Wilfreda, Thaddeus’ receptionist. He is taken to Thaddeus’ mansion, where Cadel learns that is his real father. Cadel goes to his old house to “get his stuff” but plans a escape. As he escapes, the police get him. They them him that Thaddeus’ real name is Prosper English. Cadel also tells them where the Thaddeus’ mansion is. Cade escapes from the police, but is “rescued” by Wilfreda when he tries to leave in a taxi. The police show up at Thaddeus’ front door and arrest everyone. Cadel is taken into a secret society of people dismantling Dr. Darkkon”s empire but still doesn’t know who his real parents are.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybooker29 August 18, 2010

Age 11 and up

Amazing book. I read it for my school summer reading list and as always it was amazing. One of my fav. books now and if you love action and a little sorrow, this is the book for you. Lots of crimes and fighting.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywootwo May 1, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bypizzavince May 29, 2010

Violent, but Amazing

I thought this was a really good book. However, it is extremely violent. It's a rapid page-turner, and the storyline may be confusing to younger readers. An awesome book!

Kid, 12 years old Written byKeeril January 29, 2012

BAD BAD BAD!!!!

SERIOUSLY!??? this book is so violent and scary with references. HAVE YOU GUYS EVEN READ THE BOOK!!??

death suicide drugs smoking...