All member reviews for AdventureQuest

A simple but fun fantasy RPG for young teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byzapper1234566 March 14, 2009

AMAZING!!!

the game is easy fune and slightly wierd but is pretty staight fowrd travel around do quest side with who seems right save people and the world of lore countless times, and have a cute yet evil charecter named zorbak. so in conclusion fun,easy, AMAZING!!! even for a n00b

Teen, 13 years old Written byteen_sk8r July 26, 2011

Decent Game

Adventure Quest is a good game, but i would like it if it was like a mmorpg so you could talk to other players while fighting and you could fight battles with them. I used to play this game and sometimes will still get on it is kind of violent but it's a fighting game so you have to expect that. Some features are also for guardians only where you have to pay so i don't like that feature. Another thing i would like to be added to the game would be a pvp system, i think they'd get more people to play then.

Kid, 11 years old Written byparry 8 September 15, 2009

The best

This is my favorite RPG on the web. I'm level 73 and an x-guardian. I payed a small amount of money and it was sooooo worth it! This game is endless so you can play it forever without getting bored. I love this game. The creators, Artix Entertainment, are the best. awesome

Teen, 14 years old Written byCypruss11 December 28, 2009

good all good but...

there is a problem with language, for some younger kids, its mostly A-OK though

Kid, 12 years old Written byMeteoriteBlade June 19, 2011

AwesomeGame

This is one of the best online games there is. The only things I would be concerned about is that the player is asked to buy Guardian (membership) to unlock different aspects of the game (its worth it, though), and that on the forums, other players can be...interesting. The main character is fighting the evil there is in the world, so they're good. There is extremely little blood, and only some when you defeat a certain kind of monster, and even then it's mild.

Kid, 10 years old Written byCoral reef November 18, 2009

ADVENTURE QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game!
It is my favorite RPG ever! Im a level 45 x-guardian!
The x-guardian deal is sooooo worth it! It only cost 20 dollars for life! And you get better weapons, shields, magic, armor, and pets. You also have a chance to fight cooler monsters!

Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 24, 2011

A very good RPG, just a little iffy stuff

CONCERNS

Violence: It's a fighting game, so obviously there is violence. However, there is no blood. But there is a defeat animation where the monster smashes himself with two glass pieces.
Sex: There are some scantily clad female monsters.
Language: The word "hell" is used in some places, but that's it as far as language goes.
Consumerism: Whenever an adventurer logs in, s/he gets a message to upgrade to a Guardian, which requires payment. Some equipment also requires Z-Tokens, which also requires payment.
Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Not an issue.
Negative Messages: Not an issue.
Safety Issues: Some players use very easy-to-guess login information, but that happens everywhere.

HIGHLIGHTS

Educational: Players can learn some educational stuff from AdventureQuest.
Positive Messages: AdventureQuest encourages players to help the good and defeat the bad.
Easy to Play: Fighting is extremely easy-- it's all about pressing buttons. There are some puzzles that require more than that, but not a lot.
Safety Issues: Players are constantly reminded not to give out their login information.

Kid, 5 years old April 9, 2008

Im not old enough to play it should be younger based game

Kid, 12 years old Written bysomebody August 28, 2010

OK, but always too simple or too hard.

Me and my friends were really into it, but we started hating it soon. It actually is pretty fun, but its really hard to grow levels at about 20, and it has a bit of violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykingmonkey September 1, 2009

Best game ever.

I love this game as you level up the game gets better and better. I level 79 and I still play(although monsters get harder.) I love all the long quests The devourer quest line was like 30 quests or something. I am a guardian and the pay was completely worth it. I even have the blade of Awe which took me like half a year to get. This game is better than most of those online Rps. I have just became a warp Guardian on its sequel warp force its the same but the second one is in space. If your smart your play this game. If you don't like it you get a coursed to a lifetime of screamer videos.

Kid, 9 years old April 15, 2011

Kinda fun.

The game was kinda fun, but I prefer AQWorlds (what I originally got this mixed up with).

Adult Written byTrojianmaru July 14, 2009

I've played this game for years and the best thing about it is you will never finish it. It is constently updated with new content, new quests, new stories. In the past, before I joined, there was a big story with some fire war, quite recently there was another big story line with a war against "the devourer" (Which would take too much time to get into) the characters are easy to relate to and get attached to. It's easy to get into and not much skill needed till much later on. You can play forever as a free player but when you upgrade your account with a 1 time payment, that compared to subscription fees of games like World of Warcraft is barely noticable, the game truly opens up. As I said, you don't need much skill to play it so any age can play, but it's so much fun that it dosen't have a age limit. I'm 20 and I still play, and when I was in college, it was the faveourite game of my IT class (between the ages of 16-18).

And if you get boted of AdventureQuest, it has many other games set in the same world you could fall for, like Dragonfable, a prequel to AdventureQuest, or Mechquest, a kind of prequel or sequel to adventurequest. (all 3 with different gameplay styles but still turn based) and quite recently, AQWorlds, a kind of MMORPG, or Warpforce, set at the same time as Adventurequest, just in space. This is a great game for kids of any age, and adults too.

Kid, 10 years old Written bywzorek1 February 6, 2009

roy

i like this game

Kid, 12 years old Written byzorba April 9, 2008

Yawn...

This game is very boring. It is monotonous and fights take forever. From the appropriateness standpoint it is non-graphic and okay for 8+

Teen, 13 years old Written byJadeemmy128 May 5, 2012

Best RPG Game EVA!!!

Adventure Quest is the best game EVA!! I have been playing it myself since I was eight or nine. The only problem is about the free membership. After a week or so of playing as an Adventurer (or free member) you have the logon servers, and you can never get on
That is why I got the Guardianship a year after I signed up. It is very cheap (only $20!) so it's easily affordable. And, you can access the whole game! When you're a freee member, you can only get about 30% of the game. With being a Guardian, you can access all weapons, shields, spells, armor, all levels on classes, places, monsters, houses, quests, wars, NPCs etc
And, now there is a new game by Artix Entertainment called Adventure Quest 3D, which is only in the alpha stage, and the only players that can reserve their names now are Guardians!! And, when the beta release comes, they can earn Alpha Points while playing,!
Gameplay 10/10
It's simple yet fun. It is a turn on turn based game where you encounter random monsters (unless if you're on a quest) and you press buttons to attack. There is no blood or gore, so it's safe for young children. It takes a long time to level after you get past level 20, so the game teaches patience and persistence. There are also a lot of classes, like Pirate, Ninga, Dragslayer, Asssasin, Fighter, Mage, Ranger etc.
Storyline 9/10
Adventure Quest has a magnificent storyline. There is one main one and hundreds of side ones on quests.
Educational Value 9/10
All quests prompt players to read to get the whole jist, so it has some educational values
Graphics 7/10
The graphics are okay, since it is an old game, but they are getting better and better
Overall: 9/10
Overall, this game is addictive in a good way, you can never the beat the whole game, since new content comes almost every week and it is the funnest online RPG game ever!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCodemaster May 6, 2010

Great!

Well, I am an X-Guardian on this game, and am a loving fan of Artix Entertainment, whom makes this and many other games. I am a level 82, and am a total Mage. I have as many mana points as I do life points, and have a variety of powerful spells. Anyway, this game is easy and fun to play.

Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2013

Ok game, with a few concerns regarding how 'inappropriate' it is.

Violence: Because Adventure Quest is based on combat between the player and a monster, there is some violence, though no blood or gore.
Language: There is an occasional 'Shut Up' in Adventure Quest, but language doesn't get worse than that.
Consumerism: Adventure Quest, like almost any other game, consistently urges you to pay for Guardianship(their form of paid Membership) and Z-Tokens(the paid currency in the game).
Drinking, drugs & smoking: Players can drink several different potions, which have different effects on their character.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerfruity February 15, 2009