All member reviews for Sonic Colors

Fast (too fast?), exciting chapter in this hedgehog story.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheHonestTruth March 8, 2011

This game went a notch up from what I was expecting. I'm not a big fan of the sonic fanchise but I gave this game a shot and ended up renting it. One concern I have is of how short it is. I played it over the weekend and finished it in four hours although some of the levels were hard and took me a few tries. The bosses were easier that the level and probably the easiest bosses in a video game.
The only violence is when sonic hits a robot or machine it give of a cartoonish explosion.
Overall it was just okay for me the cutscenes voice acting and music were all pluses. Yeah I'd say it's worth playing. It's a great game for younger kids. It's filled with both quirky humor and epicness.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEclipes December 19, 2010

game beater

i love that game i eat the hole game in 2 days and got super sonic in 1 day

Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki April 17, 2011

A HUGE, HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the past few Sonic games.

I'm a 14 year old Sonic fan.

Sonic and the Secret Rings was not too easy to control, but it did try its best to get me into the game.

Sonic Unleashed was the worst out of all three failed Sonic games I've played. The plot was extremely stupid for a 14 year old like me. The Werehog? DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED.

Sonic and the Black Knight was boring, too. All it was, was the story of King Arthur, with Sonic the Hedgehog plastered all over it.

Sonic Colours at least has some replay value to me. The game has improved controls, so I think SEGA's getting ready for the Wii's best technology, and maybe the DS, too. The fact there are helpers in this game that do certain things really makes me happy as all of them have problem-solving abilities that aren't beat-em-up like Sonic the Werecrap.

Worth a buy unless your child DOES NOT LIKE SONIC AT ALL.

Parent Written byobnoxiousm May 6, 2011

Best 3D Sonic Game; Nightmare Fuel for Adult Players

Sonic Colors is probably the best Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It's not my favorite, but it is the best. It has a wonderful, whimsical, hilarious plot, beautiful scenery, challenging gameplay with a steep but manageable difficulty spike, and a nuanced, subtle look at the Sonic-Tails friendship.

I could tell you guys all about the gameplay, the lovely music, the beautiful scenery. You don't care about that.

You care about whether it's ok for your kids.

If your kids are old enough to understand what is actually happening to the wisps, it will probably frighten them on some level. I think this hits older, adult players harder. Some of the robots are so cartoony that it isn't clear they're not organic, and some of the robots have feelings. I don't think the whole "sonic smash robots, robots are safe targets" thing works for this game. It's just too ambiguous; kids younger than 6 might try to copy Sonic's moves without thinking it through, and older kids might not realize that hitting normal people is not ok, since Orbot and Cubut are both robots and speaking characters.

One of the highlights of this game is Sonic and Tails. They banter, and at at least one point they bicker, but in the end their friendship and devotion to each other triumphs over their petty conflict. Yacker, too, proves a loyal friend and a wonderful roll model. The wisps in general are generous and kind, and Sonic is able to blend a sort of complete self-direction as a tourist with saving innocent people without a second thought as a hero. The perfect picture of an American hero in a Japanese game.

The theme park itself is actually somewhat educational, satirizing and deconstructing the consumerism in amusement parks. It's really funny and really well-done.

The game as a whole also introduces the idea of ulterior motive to very young players. Something you'll want to talk about with them.

One big concern I have is that playing with the wiimote and nunchuk can be painful for people with joint problems. If you have any history of wrist or arm injuries, use the Gamecube or Classic controller, please.

Teen, 15 years old Written byreviewerdudeguy November 23, 2010

Fun for kids and platforming veterans alike

Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv November 22, 2010

Great Sonic game

This Sonic game is the perfect way to start the new generation of Sonic games! The animation is bright and imaginative, the plot, while silly, will have kids laughing, and the gameplay is pretty amazing. Also: no bad camera angles!

Teen, 15 years old Written byreviewerdudeguy2 November 23, 2010

Whether your a kid or hardcore platformer, sonic colors is sure to please. Lets review the games areas:
Graphics:A+
Sonic colors shows some of the best graphics youll see on the wii, matched only by Mario.
Sound:A+
The soundtrack is great showing modern music technology, plus new voice actors have been hired so tails no longer sounds like justin bieber.
Gameplay:A
Controls are mostly easy allowing players to use the wii mote, classic and gamecube controllers, plus the nunchuck. Aside from some areas of difficulty with cheap deaths, the levels are great.
2 player mode: A-
While sonic colors provides a two player mode it is not the greatest ever made. Because of the speed of both hedgehogs the one screen is not nearly enough and youll keep dying if you go to fast
Replay Value: A+
If you play a level for the first time, it might seem very short, but once you unlock more wisps, it gets much better

Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 23, 2010

8 and up.

Sonic Colors is a perfect game for your young kids to enjoy and parents the only thing you need to worry is the mild cartoon violence in this game but overall there's a little message in this game it's about characters who are kind, helpful, and brave are the ones you're supposed to like and relate with and the role model is that sonic is a clear-cut hero who does what he needs to in order to rescue aliens in need.

Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2010

love it. thogh it is a bit hard.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylarlar327 August 16, 2011

Great game!

It's a good game in my perspective. Just manage the amount of jokes in the Wii version! It's a bit too short. This was the best Sonic game since sonic adventure 2! Not much violence, just explosions...

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Sonic Gets Cocky

Though the game has minor violence throughout, there is no bad content portrayed in the game other than cocky behavior from Sonic himself.

Kid, 11 years old Written bykkkarkarsis February 19, 2011

Fun to play with people!!

1st off I LOVE TO PLAY ANY SONIC GAME!!!!! It's the best out of all (so far! ;D) My bff Jordyn and I video tape us playing the game lol. It's so fun!!! The Sonic Simulater is 2 player. Wich is reaaallllyy FUN!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byromneysgirlfriend November 1, 2012

Not as good as they say...at least for DS

I don't know about the Wii version, but for the DS it is a waste of time. I'm at the end of the game now, and it was NOT, let me tell you, worth buying the week after it was released for $30. Take it from me, too. Because I am a Sonic fan.

Kid, 11 years old Written bySecretlyHappyHippo August 6, 2012

SONIC IS FAST

SONIC IS REALLY FAST HE MUST HAVE DRANK A LOT OF COFFEE!

Kid, 12 years old Written bysilvonadux January 23, 2013

silvonadux

This is one of my personal favorites that I like to call: Sonic Colors! There are 8 worlds to dash through while trying to save little alien guys called "wisps" from the evil clutches of doctor Eggman. There is also a world for one AND two player gameplay at Eggman's Sonic Simulater where you can play as sonic androids (blue, red, green, pink, and black) or your mii to win chaos emeralds to become super sonic. But you DO have to find red rings in the story mode to unlock more levels in the sonic simulater.

Kid, 12 years old Written byJayrises May 14, 2013

Reach for the Stars

this game is fantasticly awesome with *puts on sunglasses* COLLLLOOORRRSSS!!! with amazing music andepicly fast gameplay