All member reviews for The Simpsons: Hit & Run

A tamer, sillier alternative to Grand Theft Auto.

Kid, 8 years old July 16, 2011

dtr5

u can kick and run over everything even the phone box and the trash cans

Kid, 10 years old Written by54together November 30, 2009

Nice, but some language "not for public".

I used to like this game. It is easy to play and is like the child friendly version of the adult game Grand Theft Auto. The game did have a few words not for public, but nothing very profane like something Grand Theft Auto would contain. When you run over people, they say a phrase, roll their arm and kick their legs, get back up again and run away! I recommend it to any Simpsons fan.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysillycomb March 23, 2011

load of fun, you got it

This is my favorite game and I own it on GameCube. Gameplay is good anywhere around age 10. The game's plot is creative. Enjoy seven detailed levels with loads of fun missions and other activities and loot. The only thing to be concerned about is language. Only Homer mildly swears.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRollacoastalex January 2, 2010

GTA Jr.

Very fun, child style GTA. Great storyline, good graphics, and the ability to free roam. Perfect. Got the gamecube version, definitely getting the xbox version...

Kid, 9 years old January 4, 2011

THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN

its fun and if you get in to much trouble then the cops will chase you. play as bart homer lisa marge and apu.

Kid, 9 years old Written byfroggy08 November 19, 2009

game is fun if you are 9 or older.

this game is so awesome.It contains mild language. no uses of f*ck or bi**h.the worst is the occasional use of dum*ss.other than that there is words like stupid,fat,i*iot and jerk.Violence is mostly from driving where you can:hit people, run over people and ocasionally cause explosions.You can also kick people.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan December 18, 2011

Hit and Run

Funny, just like the show, but some (non-bloody) violence that might concern some parents, and semi-frequent a** or d**n. Bart purchases illegal fireworks and you can beat up random people. But if you crash into too many things, or kick too many people, police will come and take 50 of your coins.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bydoper December 8, 2009

Adult Written bybaleighsdad April 9, 2008

Great game for me - questionable for pre-teens

If you love the Simpsons, you'll love Hit and Run. If you think the Simpsons is appropriate for your kids to watch, you'll probably be okay with Hit and Run.<p>H&R is task driven (drive here, pick this up, drive there, talk to this character), with the missions being fairly amusing and simple for the most part. Players can also examine the various areas of Springfield when not on missions.<p>Be aware that the characters can do things that may not be appropriate (run over characters, kick characters, destroy property). I thought these were hilarious, but might not be the best thing for pre-teens. The good part is that nobody gets hurt -characters that get knocked over get up and make a comment - it's definately Bugs Bunny type violence. <p>Some of the language can be salty - the worst is Homer uses "jerkass" quite a bit.
So YMMV.

Adult Written bygidge April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2011

ESRB Makes an Error Again

Why is The ESRB say it's for Teens when its Aimed at Tweens? I Say It's Good No F Bombs Queer that The ESRB did this. Ages 2-5 Off, Ages 6-8 Iffy, Ages 9+ On. My Rating: E10+

Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback August 8, 2009

GreaT aND sUPER aMASING gAME tO pLAY aND tO bUY

Kid, 10 years old Written bygrand February 12, 2011

it is good

I like it

Teen, 13 years old Written byshowcritic2000 December 18, 2011

Great game!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this game and it's awesome! This game was originally rated T for Teen (like in the picture), but they realized the Teen rating was harsh, so they changed it to Everyone 10+

Kid, 8 years old December 18, 2010

PLEASE GET IT

I love this game It is very very fun despite the rating T I like it alot I have a gamecube a XBOX I have it for the gamecube but I want it for the XBOX it is so FUN

Kid, 10 years old Written bydennan m January 22, 2010

not bat at all

good for me

Kid, 10 years old Written bypie or pie January 10, 2010

love it
play it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adult Written byHoward Edison December 21, 2012

great alternative to GTA

Dude I'm A older teen!and it's a pretty good game!

Teen, 17 years old Written byhypemiitrudog07 December 7, 2012

If your kids can handle the humor here maturely, they can easily handle the Simpsons

In the Simpsons hit and run, life in Springfield used to be normal. However, since a new soda has been introduced, everyone has gone insane. In level 1, we go through an easy portion in the evergreen terrace where Homer Simpson has forgotten a few things. After a slightly disturbing introduction to the level, he has to run a few errands. Unfortunately, he discovers that he is being watched, and asks his boss about it. The next level stars Bart Simpson attempting to get a violent game by skipping school. His tasks revolve around helping the local Professor complete a monster truck. Unfortunately, he gets abducted by an alien ship. Than Lisa Simpson decides she needs to set out in the next level to find him. Her missions are revolving around attempting to save Bart. Meanwhile, the next level shows Marge figuring out the cola was medicated illegally and figuring out a crop circle. Shortly after, Apu decides to help in the next level in various ways. Meanwhile, Bart tries to undermine the plans of the aliens, and succeeds. Finally, Homer saves the world. As for role models, no one changes from the show. Not much suggestive content is involved, but a few costumes up for purchase are not the best.
The language in here is a little stepped up from the show’s choice. This consists mostly of complaining, minor cursing, and than some insults. However, some lines are just intended to make us laugh. Generally, the biggest issue I have is how much characters complain.
Violence is a big issue. Plenty of the levels revolve around car chases, destroying other cars, and a few other things spout up here and there. The game allows you to hijack cars, destroy cars, destroy robotic bees, rear end other cars and characters, kick characters, and destroy other people’s property. However, this nasty, fowl, and uncalled for behavior does not go without consequences. If enough crime is committed, a hit and run is started up. A hit and run is when somebody calls the cops up, and they chase you in car or on foot, and if they manage to stop you themselves, you are fined 50 coins. If you manage to escape without starting up another calamity, you get off scotch free.
Meanwhile, another concern I have is about a cola being chucked directly into an evil plan. Aliens have drugged the colas and when Krusty the Clown (Springfield’s local celebrity) says he is endorsing it, he says it’s not dangerous to anyone (and played for humor, a sped up disclaimer voice says “that we know of”), which is deceptive advertising. The reason it is drugged is so that the aliens’ reality show “foolish earthlings” gets better ratings and makes people act stupid.

The only other concern I have is how rude the mayor acts to the situation. Since the bees are filming everyone, the mayor understands that they are filming private places in public areas, and he wants the footage just for his need of suggestive content to be fulfilled.
However, if your kids want to start watching the Simpsons, this game is perfect. If they can handle this humor, they can handle the Simpsons. Also, the quality of the game is amazing! I recommend this game turned off for kids 10 and younger, pause for kids 11, on for kids 13 years old! Have fun saving Springfield with the Simpsons & and then watch the Simpsons (on fox, Hulu, or the movie)!

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 10, 2012

simpsons hit run

Families can talk about marketing to children. Do you think the parents in the game have valid concerns about the game they're protesting? Should game developers be held responsible for promoting controversial games to children, or is the responsibility of families to exercise good judgment?