All member reviews for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Third entry in series demands strategy and force.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written bynatedogg March 6, 2009

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll

this is the best game after killzone and when you say what violent things you can do on the game. boy will want it even more and wont care what it has in it

Kid, 9 years old Written byshadowfire976 April 9, 2008

...

honestly, do you think 13 year-olds are going to run off and star killing people just because of what they see in this game? you know what you need CS? a little bit of COMMON SENSE!

Teen, 16 years old Written byunderonehalo April 9, 2008

a hard compelling game that (usually) gives u a choice kill, or don't kill.

Kid, 12 years old Written byChaoMaster1000 April 9, 2008

I LOOOOOVE to watch my brother play it!

ITS AWSUM DUDE!!!

Kid, 12 years old Written byoshuaj June 16, 2011

For a mature 12 year old...

A good game for a mature 12 year old! There is a bit of language (s***, h***, b**** and p***) but is very infrequent! Unlike the previous two splinter cells, you may notice that you now have a knife! When you stab someone there is no blood or gore, but you can here the sound of it which sometimes makes you cringe! Overall this is a hard game which encoureges stealth instead of run and gun! GET THIS GAME!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDraven844 January 18, 2011

M rating? No reason here

I personally think this is one of the best entries in the series. I see no reason it has an M rating. The only time I could think of it having any reason for that is an off-screen torture sequence in the first mission. It encourages you to not even knock others out, solve puzzles and try to be a reasonable person in the process. Needs a teen rating

Teen, 16 years old Written byjackthekat9 June 29, 2009

csm what a joke

this reveiw that csm did had to been a joke Ive finished the game without even killing 15 people. I sick and tired of seeing good games that arent that ban with no kids sticker slapped on them.

Teen, 16 years old Written byfrdcnnr36 December 13, 2010

Good for a player that understands shanking innocent people is wrong

The message that is received from this game depends completely on the player. One player may sneak by and avoid taking lives, while another player goes shanking everyone left and right. The plot is also easily ignorable, the missions are usually just go here, get that, get out. But the plot is interesting if you pay attention.

Sam Fisher is an iffy role model, a nice guy with good intentions, but he shanks people without blinking.

Teen, 15 years old Written byanarchy December 11, 2010

Kid, 11 years old Written byjavadude2012 January 1, 2012

A game that you might enjoy

This game is fun at first, but gets old after you have played it a while. There are some off screen torture, and you sometimes have the choice to kill people.

Teen, 16 years old Written bykman1092 April 9, 2008

It's your choice

I think this is one of the most fun games ever- for a certain age. there really is no big issue in any of it (violence, social behavior, etc.) it is mostly what you decide to do. You can eighther be good or be bad and the game rewards good behavior. I found the language to be kinda iffy (s-word here and there, "hell and damn" are used in the wrong way) and the violence never really got outta hand (knife cuts, gunshots, bone breakage). of course as i have mentioned, the violence is really whether you want to keep the person alive or kill them. And finally, younger kids may find this to be hard and unintersting. for teens and older.

Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Twinkster April 9, 2008

This game was fun to play. Your person is equipped with many cool gadgets to help you complete your missions. This game is very violent because its all about killing. They also swear a lot while doing it.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySam_Fisher April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byblab April 9, 2008

M?????

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory may be rated M, but that is to high of a rating. Thought Sam Fisher uses violence to get to his goals, it is never very graphic, and is not very bad. Sam swears occalisonaly, but never uses them at people. This game should be rated T!

Kid, 9 years old Written byMr.Silly April 9, 2008

pfff..

i knew it all of my favorite games have the lowest rating splinter cell is gooooodd..and apropriat for certant ages it tought me how to sneak up on my brother and go boo!

Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr WTH common sense April 9, 2013

Don't listen to common sense media, just read the adult reviews

I have never laughed as hard as I did when I read this review. "Not for kids" hahahahahahahaha. First of all, because most of the levels are set in dark places, if there is blood, you can't see it. Second, the ONE torture scene in this game is only heard, you can't see what's actually happening. And most importantly, YOU GET A HIGHER MISSION RATING IF YOU DON'T KILL ANYBODY!!!!!!!! In my opinion, this game is no worse than the original T/12 rated splinter cell. I also think that Sam Fisher is a positive role model. 10/10. Best and last of the old-school splinter cells.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCalculatrice April 19, 2010

I've recently downloaded Tom Clancey's Spilnter cell: Conviction from Steam, and have been playing and loving it for a while now. The game plays out similar to a Tom Clancey novel; Korea starts showing aggression to Japan, and you, special agent Sam Fisher, are sent in to fix things before things get hostile. This is the first Splinter cell game to be rated M for Mature, most likely because you are given a knife, which gives you the option to execute enemies using it. No blood is shown during these scenes, though small amounts can be seen when shooting an enemy. There is minimal swearing, the worst I've heard being "sh-t", but nothing stronger. The game rewards you for being stealthy and not killing people, executions leading to a lower score at the end of the mission. The game has an average difficulty, sometimes involving trial and error, but generaly stays challenging but not frustrating. I would rate it +13 years and older, though more Mature 11-12 year olds could easily handle the content.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBig Daddys Drill February 17, 2010

love the game its a lot of fun will really test your gamer skills

Adult Written bygangbanga911 April 9, 2008

Parent Written byyesssssssss February 25, 2012

Not Bad

This game is quite fun, there is shooting, but not much blood, it is not gory, let your kid play it