All member reviews for August Rush

Pleasant, emotional, fable-like family drama.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviestar511 February 16, 2010

Great movie, family movie

I loved the movie. It was great and had a great ending to it. I advise anyone to see it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 September 4, 2009

This is my favorite movie!

Amazing movie! Gives me chills every time I watch it! Music can really move you.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygeckogirl May 13, 2010

It was ok

It was an ok movie... actually, it was pretty good... but a little uncomfortable if you wanted to watch it with little kids...

Kid, 12 years old Written byKarluveva13 December 20, 2009

This movie is all about music which is cool because I LOVE music.It shows what happens when a boy goes to find his mother and father but he doesn't know he has a gift.

Kid, 11 years old Written byRachelB. June 8, 2009

An Amazing Movie. Some iffy stuff in though. Not for kids under 8

Adult Written bymominthenow June 21, 2010

Loved it when we saw it in the theatre- bought it on dvd as part of Father's Day gift, and will watch it for the second time with our girls- ages 8 and 10 (both very mature)- this week...

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 2, 2010

true love?

August's parents meet, start kissing after exchanging just a few sentences, come together in a one night stand, never forget each other, and eventually find each other, reunited in true love after 11 long years.

There's only a little kissing shown on screen, so the images are not a problem.

The more troubling issue: what constitutes true love? What forms the foundation of a durable, lasting love relationship that produces a stable marriage? Is it looking into each other's eyes on a moonlit night and sharing a mystical connection through music? I want my kids to be exposed to stories about what true love really looks like. I don't want to fill their imaginations with romantic but flimsy models of what it's like to meet 'the one'. This one's not worth seeing for a number of reasons. That particular message is most troubling to me.

Parent of a 9 year old Written bymumu April 9, 2008

Only for kids who know how babies are made

This story begins with a pregnancy growing out of a one night stand. My 8 year old who does not yet know the birds and the bees found this confusing and wanted an explanation. So don't show this to your 8 year old if they don't understand how babies are made and you don't yet want to tell them. The fact that the lead characters have sex within hours of meeting each other is also inconsistent with our families values, so keep this in mind too if you are planning to show it too your kids. All that aside, my daughter loved it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoBro_Fan_7 February 4, 2011

Wonderful Movie

I started whaching it in choir, then ended up renting it to finish. It was a very beautiful movie, and I wish it had gotten better reviews from critics. Then again, I'm a band geek, and the music in this flim is phenominal.

Kid, 12 years old Written byHenryRedJeanz January 7, 2010

Beautiful, moving, family film, nothing innapropriate, see it. NOW!

THIS IS A FANTASTIC FAMILY MOVIE, I think it is appropriate for everyone, and the themes and subject can probably relate to everyone, I don't think there is anything remotely innapropriate for kids, its got great messages and role models, and its just a really moving, beautiful film which I HIGHLY reccomend for families and kids.

Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written byleah.k December 6, 2009

Not just a chick flick...

I think it would be better for 13 & up mainly because younger kids wouldn't catch on to all the flash backs, and duel life scenes. There's a few disturbing scenes where boy get bullied but thats life in a boys home and its good for our kids to know that.

This is a good movie to talk to the kids about the things money can't buy - the way music can make you feel, talent & how in the wrong hands can be wasted and of course love & soul mates even though the parents relationship is very unrealistic.

All n all a feel good movie...

Teen, 13 years old Written byBayRyder759 August 2, 2010

Amazing story. Inspiring.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 June 1, 2011

August Rush Is the Rush

This is a great music film with lots of music and messages

Teen, 15 years old Written bywebkinzlover April 11, 2011

more for teens

this movie is ok

Teen, 17 years old Written byconfetti13 March 17, 2010

Good for mature kids

I thought this movie was very touching, especially the ending. I would recommend this for pretty much all 9+ but you may want your kids to leave the room when the couple is on the roof talking which soon leads to a passionate scene.

Teen, 15 years old Written byshanno15 April 30, 2011

Musically Amazing movie has heart

My favorite movie, made beautifully, has a great message and the music is amazing! A must see movie

Kid, 10 years old Written byEmme8 April 3, 2010

Good movie

This movie was good. Not the best though. The boy (Evan) was annoying. I am a musician so you probably thought I would like this movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBellaCullen1120 September 12, 2009

Great Movie

i personally luv this movie at first i thought it was stupid i didn't want to c it but then i saw it on hbo and it was just amazing it actually moved me

Kid, 10 years old Written bypawprints666666 July 17, 2009

PARENTS MUST READ THAT...

it's very sad story- there is bad language and all of that stuff- but the here are the two things that really hit me:

VIOLENCE

There is a man capturing kids for money, and it has at least 1 scary scene of the man threatening August.

SEX

A couple is making out on the stair way... yikes! A couple sleeps together, but not naked, just cuddling a lot- but it's a little explicit.

It's a good movie, but parents better watch out!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 August 2, 2009