All member reviews for Ballet Shoes

Sisters learn value of love, work, and sacrifice.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover1 March 24, 2010

good

love it

Kid, 11 years old Written byCommonSense101 October 23, 2011

Ballet Shoes 101

Ballet shoes is a really great movie! I thought it was going to be boring, but found it very inspirational and emotional. ( which I love! ) Emma Watson was AMAZING in this movie! ( not that she isn't amazing in Harry Potter ) She had her part down perfect! The other sisters were very good actors too. This movie offers many positive messages and every woman in this movie is a great role model. Thanks for reading! :)

Kid, 12 years old Written byKarluveva13 December 22, 2009

I love this movie!!

Kid, 11 years old Written byoniongirl November 8, 2008

quite good on the whole

i was a little unsure when i rented this, but was pleasantly surprised. emma watson is pretty good, and the story was very sweet and inspiring.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySmaltby December 1, 2010

bareable

really bad representation of the awesome book... the ending is completly changed and some of my favourite parts have been cut out or produced really poorly.
Still good if you don't know the book so well.

Kid, 11 years old Written by♥UndeadRainbows♥™ September 27, 2009

Mature kids

I really enjoyed this movie actually! I found it very sweet and emotional unlike the cliched, boring, 8+ movies out there! So this was pretty good!

Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 23, 2011

Fantastic movie

I loved this movie! Do not let the historic setting scare you off; it's a great movie with many positive messages about hard work.

Teen, 13 years old Written byskyrebel August 23, 2010

Beautiful

Movie is great. The role models are good, very well know actors (Emma Watson-Harry Potter Yasmine Paige-Sarah Jane Adventures). And some you don't know. The movie is a very good adaptation of the book. Nearly word for word. It has some good family values

Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byVloveland February 16, 2009

Wonderful!!

The title doesn't really indicate the depth in this story. My boys ended up watching it on accident, since my daughter and I were watching it. The Cast is top-notch. Yasmin Page's performance is brilliant!!

There is some smoking in it. This didn't bother me, as anyone who has had to suffer around cigarette smoke, must realize how awful it is! However, I grew up in a smoking household and do not see it as glamorous or cool. I felt the director was very true to the period. My kids ended up giving me this for Christmas:)

Teen, 13 years old Written bymegan094eva June 27, 2009

Really great

This is a great family film, particularly for little ambitious girls, but basically female could watch it and enjoy it.

Parent Written byMummy Roo January 20, 2014

No Positive Role Models Here

This has no real positive message aside rom the sacrifice the 'foster mother' and other adults make.

The girls who play are the ballet dancer and actress, are spoilt, obnoxious brats only interested in themselves and their own ambitious strivings. Jealousy rules.

My 11 yr old daughter hated it and said she thought they were horrible characters.

It could have been a great story, with a bit more sacrifice and generosity on behalf of the young girls.

Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug November 4, 2012

Ballet Shoes

The sisters care for eachother throught the movie but sometimes get a little self-centered. One thing that happens that common sense didnt mention during the sexy colum was that two girls (the sisters) are in a bath together but you dont see anything but their necks. I like this movie but it is sad sometimes.

Adult Written bySunnyZim January 4, 2014

Bratty, selfish children show no character development and achieve their dreams

Honestly, I did not see any love or sacrifice in this movie, certainly not from the sisters. What I did see were 2 really bratty, conceited, selfish girls (Pauline and Posy) whose truly awful and self-absorbed behaviour was apparently rewarded with the fulfillment of their dreams. I did not see any character growth whatsoever. In fact, (spoiler) the youngest girl runs off, leaving her family distraught and anxious as to her whereabouts and when she returns makes no apology for her behaviour. Petrova was the only likeable sister from what I saw. Truly not worth showing to your children as it does not have a good or helpful message and the characters are not good role models.

Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2013