Parent reviews for Batman (1966)

Batman (1966) Poster Image

I only rated this 12 and up because kids younger might not be able to laugh at the corniness of the show, they will just think it’s boring. It is funny and random but good educational messages from Batman and robin that are good but funny because they are so random. Like the time they are in the batmobile chasing a villain and Batman spends like 2 minutes explaining the importance of a seatbelt. Funny and educational and fun if your 12 and over but boring if your younger. Actually I guess 11 or 10 would be fine depends on the kid. The only thing wrong is that there is a low view of women and some parts are rather sexist. There are also skintight costumes. Despite that it is a good show and Funny!

Hilarious despite the low view of women

Hilarious! We laughed with my 12 year old pretty much throughout the movie, with some golden cheese moments, it was great. Definitely has a less-than-honoring view of women throughout the movie. Such as 50 women in bathing suits randomly jumping around on the top of a building (in the first 10min of the film), catwoman's leather-clad legs propped up on a wall prominently filling the screen in many scenes, not to mention the seduction of batman - with the only woman in the film being a seductress as her main role. (This is what I tagged as "too much sex" - although not nearly as overt as a modern film, it's definitely present in these ways.) Also couples making out in random spots - I think as a humor gag. If you're ok with talking to your kid about how dumb that treatment of women is - in addition to the ridiculousness of exploding octopus, cheesy effects etc - then this would be ok. The movie was definitely hilarious, combinations of intentional and unintentional (who knows?) - we enjoyed it! Certainly consider watching if you've ever seen the infamous opening exploding-shark scene: https://youtu.be/QnFOs7QlJSI

Admittedly as the main review says, it will probably depend on the kid. I knew when I was young I dismissed the show as "corny", but learned to appreciate it as an adult for its camp value. Although granted this is from the late 60's so there are some "product of its time" aspects not so much the drinking and smoking (especially since they're framed as bad things and Batman is actually a teetotaler) ,but more outdated values such as how the show treats women even if you get the occasional episode that still holds up socially today (the "sex" stuff I did tag is abit milder)

Fcvg

This movie has some violence but nothing to intense at the start of the movie batman is bitten by a shark but it’s actually a fake shark the riddler shots missiles but their only riddles and when characters fight their punches don’t connect when Batman goes on a date with a girl and the bad guys come and capture Batman Batman escapes and runs on a roof robin thinks that Batman has blown up the bad guys use stinky gas to nock out people and a weapon to make people disappear their boat shacks there’s a fight on a boat and characters are pushed into the water

Action for kids, comedy for adults.

Great for kids, and many laughs for adults. Excellent camp and a wonderful adaptation of the contemporaneous comic.

Batman for the ages

It's silly and colorful. My kids roared with laughter at the shark repellent scene. And lines like, "Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb" still work. My only complaint is Cesar Romero doesn't get to chew up the scenery the way he would in a typical Batman episode. But that's a quibble.

The Best way to introduce kids to Batman

Great movie I recommend it

Not 8+ because of violence, but too boring and confusing for little ones.

A classic!

A Classic Batman Movie is not the greatist

The 60's Batman movie is not the greatest film. It is too silly than most superhero adaptions. Adam West plays a funny batman in this film. Although Catwoman and Alfred are the only characters that have not changed by a lot here. Not The Greatest but I recommend you watch this.

Its batman loosen up!

Its batman fighting those goons and robbers like a normal batman!