All member reviews for Changeling

Suspenseful, overlong drama isn't meant for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for more great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byshanno15 November 20, 2011

Great drama from the mind of Clint Eastwood (based on true story)

This movie really pulls on your heart strings from beginning to end. Based on a true, tragic story this movie is a great drama but very graphic so best seen ages 16 and up.

Kid, 11 years old Written byzasderfght March 7, 2009

Changeling is one of the best movies I've seen

Since, I've posted my reviews on other movie websites I'll just get straight to the point. This was a touching, moving, and entertaining film. One of the best movies I've ever seen and that is saying a lot. For sexual content, there is brief discussion of circumcision. A woman is hosed down fully nude, we however only see a brief glimpse of her buttocks. For violence and gore, we see several depictions of children being murdered with an axe, sometimes seen with blood effects, but the murders are committed off-screen. For profanity, there are several uses of the f word, some scatological and anatomical terms, some religious exclamations and profanities.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLdude407 January 9, 2010

Great movie!

This is a amazing movie! It does show a disturbing part of children getting beaten to death, which is horrible. But it just shows the mans face doing it, not the boys getting beaten. There is some language but not that used often. All in all you have to see this!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 July 27, 2009

Parent of a 7 year old Written byjflynn22 February 21, 2009

I turned this off half way thru...

From what I saw, Angelina Jolie's main lines were "That's not my son" and "I want my son back!" (over and over again...) Best Actress nominee? Whatever. However, I was still interested in the story. That is, until I saw the scenes with the serial killer. These scenes were so disturbing and upsetting, I felt physically sick. That's when I turned off the movie. If you have kids yourself, you may feel the same way. I'm not a fan a movies like that in general, but especially if kids are involved.

Kid, 12 years old Written byawesomegurl12 August 11, 2009

very sad

this movie was so sad! it was heartbreaking with very disturbing scenes, but it was very good and well layed out. and it was based on a ture story which makes it sadder. the worst and scariest scene was the one in the chicken coop with the kids and the guy.

but this movie was good, despite those scenes.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydragongleem November 27, 2011

MA please (nightmears)

i did not see the full thing only snipits i was kicked out of the room atually but I still had nightmears for weeks afterwards. The movie was not right a lot of violence not good for kids at all. the thought will scare some kids. the one boy who helped the man was a good role model because he came to the police and told every thing thought he knew what would happen. Overall good movie for MATURE ADIANCE. make sure you now your self and if you could take bad thoughts. it is based on a true story too.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTildenMom August 30, 2010

for older teens because of mature subject matter

I loved it! It had some disturbing parts but it really moved me and made me cry for the bad parts and the good parts.i think they had good role models because the mother never stoped searching for her son and had a lot of hope.i love that she wouldnt stand for the police saying that was her son! i think she was very brave.the bad role models are the police because the mother had clear evidence that the boy that she was given was not her son.They completely ignored her and was selfish of just thinking about how it would ruin they're reputation.Over all it was a very moving inspirational movie about how far a mother will go for her son.its really touching and full of determination
,hope,and faith!

Parent Written bySpeedemon0202 November 29, 2011

Steer clear if you have young children

This has the most disturbing scene I have ever witnessed in a movie. It's not gruesome, but with the four little boys huddled in the corner and they are saying "No no no no, please, no, no, no, please" while the light is swinging back and forth, casting them into shadows, it totally, absolutely and irrevocably broke my heart. I just couldn't stop thinking about my own little guy who is two.

I am having an extremely difficult time getting that scene out of my head. I know that scene was put in place to elicit hatred for the antagonist, and it serves its purpose well, but I think it looked way too real. WAY too real.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCotty August 17, 2010

Great movie but not for younger kids

When we think Angelina Jolie we automatically think-Tomb Raiders, Mr, and Mrs. Smith, Wanted, all movies were she plays a kick butt character. This movie was different. Jolie's character wasn't an emotionless stone cold killer. Who was invinsible. She played a loving mother who would do anything to find her son. And do anything for justice. While this movie is a don't miss for adult you are going to have to be careful with the kids. One of the side characters to this movie is a serial killer. It never shows the entire view of the murders, but it leaves little to the imagination, and could be quite frightening to younger kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 May 31, 2010

I saw it when I was 13, it was a little disturbing

It was disturbing and dark, especially the ax-murders. Too disturbing for anyone under 13.

Teen, 13 years old Written byemmamegan July 22, 2009

Heartbreaking and moving, but absolutely terrifying and disturbing

A very good movie! However, though it isn't one, I was scared enough as if it were a horror film! A disturbing true tale of a serial killer is portrayed. You see blood spattered on his face as he axe murders a child, his soon to be victims (all children) are hudled in a chicken coop, awaiting their grisley death, a young boy associated with the murders is forced to dig up the remains of the children and bones turn up, women, disturbed and sane, are abused in an asylum, and there is a prolonged, graphic hanging, but of the serial
killer. However there is a determined female character (Jolie) and a strong message of the power of the government an how it can be abused in order for them to appear capable. Also a very strong sense of love between mother and child.

Teen, 13 years old Written byalpha1014 August 29, 2009

Must See

Great movie!!!
Very moving and interesting.

Parent of a 17 year old Written bybloodymary April 18, 2010

12 and up

it was so sad awsome i loved it it was disturbimg when kids were getting murdered weldone movie

Adult Written bycrackerjack5 January 21, 2010

Dark, depressing, and extremely interesting.

This movie is not a happy film, by any means. And it's definately not a kid's flick. The acting is excellent, and the drama is compelling, especially when you know it was based on a true story.
There is some language, including the f-word three or four times. And the violence isn't really shown, but it is heavily implied. *Spoiler* You see the killer swinging the axe and covered in blood, but you don't actually see the deaths.

Kid, 8 years old Written bybenjamenbutton April 17, 2009

It was a good movie. But it was a little disturbing in some parts,and this is coming from an eight year old! It would probaly be a little frustating for people with a temper. (Because she gets put in a psych ward for no reason)

Adult Written bywonder dove July 2, 2009

Wow. This film will never die.

Amazing true story told well. It is shocking to know that Christine had to go through such torture just to find her son! This woman was amazing and strong willed in all aspects. One good message told here is that you should never, ever give up. Like Christine, she kept going. She had such hope that her son was still alive and waiting for her, despite what anyone tried to tell her. She loved her son so much, he was her life!

Very emotional and heartbreaking, make sure you have some tissue at hand, this one will make you cry!

5/5 for a wonderful work of art, and Angelina Jolie is just perfect.

Kid, 8 years old Written bythe crazy one May 2, 2009

cool

its cool

Teen, 15 years old Written bytd11 May 16, 2009

Amazing but heartbreaking!

Was disturbing at parts, but has an amazing story. Some images were hard to watch also, and I'm 15 and pretty mature.I wouldn't recomend for anyone under 15.
Heartbreaking and you really feel for the lady. I really liked to story behind all of the intence images.