Parent reviews for Constantine

Constantine Poster Image

Not too scary

Watched with my 14 and 12 year old. It has a few jump scares and demons. Nothings sexual. A lot of swearing and smoking. It’s not scary and fine for 12+

Symbolism galore

There is not much brightness or happiness in this film...in fact, there are no feel good moments really. It is dark, intense, visual, and there is so much symbolism that a child will not understand how to properly interpret. I have to ask you, why would you want your child to watch something so dark and complex? They'll be old enough in a few years. I do not recommend for children under 15, strictly for psychological reasons.

A intense comicbook action with religious themes

The main character is a smoker and a drink who been diagnosed with lung cancer. My rating PG-13: intense action violence, some disturbing scenes, Heavy Smoking and Drinking, brief language, thematic elements

Constantine

Great film. Keanu Reeves was perfect for this movie and played his part nicely.

Wow, they carded me... O.o;

Wow, they carded me before seeing this movie. They carded me! >D Erm, anyway, what to say? Lots of violence. Lots of Biblical truth. Lots of demonology. It helps to understand the "mythology" before going into the theater. I'm not sure why they rated it "R." I think the majority of people going into the theater were hoping for a horror flick, and it's not. It's really heavy. Especially when the Lance of Longinus (AKA "Spear of Destiny") is involved. Is it common knowledge that Hitler was rumored to have it? Not sure, but they mentioned it as if everyone knew about it. They didn't even explain the Lance. And why Gabriel was a manly woman? Angels have no gender, people. The thing is, if you wanna see this movie, study either the Bible or a book on angels and demons or something. This movie is not for those clueless on the nature of religion.

Superior Comic Book Adaptation

Well, I've never read the bible, never been to church & don't believe in your god or anyone else's, but still managed to follow the movie. It's based on a comic book after all, albeit a superior, intelligent one. It is dark & disturbing but shouldn't be seen as anything other than the entertainment it sets out to be. Keanu is Keanu & still couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. This is miscasting of the first degree & he's just too nice to play Constantine (who should be British by the way... & blonde). Ms Weisz is excellent as usual. The film is a sylish noir with a violent storyline & themes... suicide, demons etc. I'd rather my kid not see it yet but I'd rather him see this than The Waltons. It's not a Shiny Haapy movie so don't take the kiddies unless you want sleepless nights but if you want a dumb night out with friends you can do a lot worse!