All member reviews for Dirty Dancing

A hip-shaking guilty pleasure.

Adult Written bymissbutty April 9, 2008

Parent of a 16 and 19 year old Written byhere2help April 7, 2009

Moronic plot, disgusting lack of moral qualms, paying for the murder of an unborn being glorified, vulgar dancing, statutory rape of main character.. barffff

Teen, 14 years old Written byandyouaskwhy November 14, 2009

loved it i miss patrick swayze rip patrick we will miss u!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPolah bear ghurl March 25, 2010

This movie has some glitches, but its a great classic! I have watched it like 5 times in the past week! The dancing is incredible and different which also makes it so interesting to watch, but remember, the dancing is dirty! I think anyone over 12 can see this! This is a very incredible movie with a little bit of humor, mixed with drama and spiced with a little bit of the 60's! One of the best movies ever! AMAZING ENDING, TOO! I miss you, Patrick Swayze!!!!!!!

Adult Written byMilt June 22, 2010

Don't forget what the movie is really all about.

The whole movie revolves around the killing of an innocent baby. One of the characters gets pregnant and at no time during the movie does anyone even consider having the baby. The only reason Baby and Johnny begin dancing together is because of this "need" for the abortion. Later in the movie a romance develops between Baby, a child and Johnny, an adult. This is commonly referred to in real life as statutory rape. But if you can ignore these two areas you will probably really enjoy the movie.

Kid, 11 years old Written byAthenaFleur October 22, 2010

Good Tween and Teen Movie

I love this movie. A great storyline with great actors.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe book dork<3 July 16, 2011

No one puts Dirty Dancing in the corner

This movie is SO amazing I can't even express it! I think the reason why it did so well was because it was modern, it meets up with our dancing now. Watch a music video and you'll see the dancing is barely any different. This movies 'sexual situations' are ridiculous. Sure, they dance suggestively, sure the characters have sex but it's a movie. We've seen worse on TV now and days. They don't show anything, younger kids don't understand the references and it's not like we're going to run into the street and yell out 'let's all dance like they did in dirty dancing!' C'mon, give kids some credit. We can handle sexy dancing and sexual gestures.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMiss6767 May 6, 2009

AMAZING!

Really good movie! other than some brief language and very sexual dancing, this movie is good for 12 and up

Kid, 12 years old Written byFashionDiva0569 April 9, 2008

GREAT MOVIE FOR GIRLS OF ANY AGE!!!

I LOVE WATCHING IT W/ MY GRANDMA,AND MOM SINCE ITZ KINDA A CHICK FLICK I HAVE SEEN THIS MOVIE SO MANY TIMES!!!
EVEN THOUGH BABY MAKES SOME BAD CHOICES SHE LEARNS FROM THEM,AND THATS THE IMPORTANT MORAL OF THIS MOVIE.REMEMBER: THERE IS SOME MATURE DIALOUGE IN THIS FILM MEANING SO,U MIGHT WANT TO SEE THIS ONE W/ YOUR KIDS IF THE AREN'T 13 OR OVER

Teen, 13 years old Written byGhostlover15 April 20, 2010

I love this movie! well for one i love Patrick Swayze! he was great!

Teen, 13 years old Written bygeeksgetthegirl3 April 9, 2008

Very well put together!!!

I love this movie!!!!it is probabley apropriate for 12+ Verrrrrrrrrrry good!!

Kid, 12 years old Written byfunawesomegirl October 13, 2010

sex, abortion and lies... but great acting

ive known wat abortion was since i was 6 and sex since i was 8 but other parents may not tel their kids so soon. For teens and not young children but great intimate acting. I LUV U SWAYZE!

Teen, 14 years old Written by369258147 April 9, 2008

really bad

Dirty Dancing was a movie for a 16 for a lot of sex scenes and fighting scenes.

Adult Written byWonderfulTonight October 17, 2009

Love The movie

I love this movie! The music is wonderful and fun, and the dancing is fantastic! It is a very very fun movie! Watch it! The sexual behavior is a bit iffy, but get over it!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySumBO October 19, 2011

13 up!

Theres one racy scene with Baby and Johnny when she sneaks out of the house to go to his... Lots of racy dancing.. language violence penny has an Abortion go wrong.. Other than that its a great movie!

Adult Written bymoviemadness December 31, 2008

Great Summer Romance (Teens+)

Baby and Patrick Swayze dance the night away in Dirty Dancing with some AWESOME dance moves! It's fun, campy, and a must-see for teens. Parents should note that all though there are no sex scenes, there are steamy, steamy dance moves and LOTS of french kissing. There is also a scary botched abortion. Bad guys, however, get their dues. 13+

Teen, 13 years old Written bytessiegirl April 9, 2008

LOVED IT

awesome movie! if you havent seen it you should. an awesome classic!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 September 5, 2011

Lots of iffy stuff.

My rating: PG-13 for sexuality including sensual/exotic dancing and partial nudity, and for some language.

Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez October 14, 2011

A Classic!

Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byMDupree August 19, 2010

Good teen movie

The amount of sexual instances and references is what bothers me the most. I watched it first around 14 and didn't understand the abortion part, but I think my kids would today.

I think it would be a god movie to watch with a young teen daughter.