All member reviews for Eight Below

Inspiring story about brave sled dogs.

Teen, 16 years old Written bychicanfrance April 9, 2008

I Cried!

This was an amazing movie, it was so sad. There were a lot of tearjerker parts in this movie. I think that this movie should have been rated G.

Kid, 10 years old Written bymaximillionaire... April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS MOVIE

I saw this movie last night with my best friend.We both cried when two dogs died.we both have dogs,(i have a shetland sheepdog, and she has a labradoodle)so it was really sad for us.We we're both suprised when the seal popped out of the whale.I would see this movie one million times.If you havn't seen it SEE IT!!!!!!I give it two thumbs up!

Teen, 14 years old Written bypotato April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymrblech April 9, 2008

Cold temperatures, warm emotions

Your basic Disney film about a likable guy, his likable friends, and some very furry heroes. Gratuitous profanity is a silly but minor drawback - it almost should be a "G" movie. There's something for everyone in the family: beautiful nature scenes, some tearjerker moments, some suspense, comic relief, and even a bit of violence (thanks to Mother Nature).

Adult Written bynavy62 April 9, 2008

A real nail biter!

What a great movie! My husband and I took our 2 kids to see this movie. (They are 8 and 10.) It was action packed almost the entire time. The dogs are adorable and it was hard to see them in peril. It was good to see the dogs work together to get out of tough situations. Being an animal lover, it was hard to watch Jerry leave his dogs! He does eventually get back to them, but it takes quite a while. That is a great moment! I would recommend this movie for kids 8 and up. It might be too involved for kids any younger. It definitely isn't your typical 'kid' movie.

Adult Written byEverydayJoe April 9, 2008

A Very Enjoyable Flick

It's been a long time since I've seen a film I didn't have to mentally filter out some of the language, graphic scenes, or sexual content. This show is a winner. It strongly supports the virtues of loyalty and sacrifice too. It made my wife teary-eyed too.

Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 February 7, 2011

love it

gooood movie!!! one use of (H)

Teen, 14 years old Written byDerrickRose1 June 30, 2010

My Favorite Movie

The best movie i have ever seen dont listen to common sense it is not at all violent 100 times more inspiring than violent if u have a pet u just think if this happened to your dogs and u got them back

Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Parent Written byfunnky face September 26, 2011

the good movie ever

i think it is a good movie

Adult Written bymomrowley April 9, 2008

Adult Written byfireech April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i cried

My kids love it with those's pretty dogs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEragonopotter June 9, 2011

Very good movie!

know your child because there is scary moments. My brothers watched the movie with me and it thy are both 6. One of them was not even scared, but the other cried and ran away at the moment where the leopard seal suddenly attacked

Adult Written byMi3 March 8, 2011

Parent Written byMiaGirl October 8, 2011

Very Good but Sad

Great movie for dog lovers but a little sad, some moments could be scary for younger kids as the seal moment is completely unexpected. But overall a good family movie. "Look alive, stay alert."

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Surprisingly Good

I enjoyed Eight Below alot more than I thought I would, it was an interesting and cool movie. Not quite as cute as I expected, either, the leopard seal attack was very intense for a PG rated movie.
Good for kids: 9+

Kid, 10 years old Written byDOGLOVER9111 August 4, 2011

Eight Below

I really enjoy this movie. I remember the first time I watched it though the leopard seal FREAKED ME OUT! It just JUMPS out at ANY second when you're not expecting it! But a great movie! :)

Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byqtnn January 11, 2009

Adult Written byKrbbup November 20, 2008

Horrible Tear-Jerker

I purposely did not see this movie in theaters because I knew some of the animals died. My family rented it and I could only watch about thirty minutes of it before I almost cried! I have a very soft spot for animals, so if you can handle seeing mans' best friend left behind to freeze, go right ahead. The story is about a group of people who are scientists studying the weather and climate of Alaska (I think). When a business/scientist comes to the base in search of a guide, the main character sets of with his dogs and the visitor to go and study the land. A horrible accident occures, the man is injured and the main character heads back to base with him and the dogs. Bottom line: all of the people get into a helicopter (to get the injured man to a hospitail) and leaves the dogs during an ice storm. This is where I stopped, so I do not know what happens after this. I personally would NOT recommend this movie to anyone who cares about animals or who cries easily.