All member reviews for Fantasia

Breathtaking animation feat -- with some creepy visuals.

Parent of a 1 year old Written byhelenek April 9, 2008

Scene with dinosaurs terrified ME!

My mother told me many years ago that this was my favorite movie when I was very young -- I watch it now and wonder when my son will be able to watch it. I felt the scene with T-Rex killing the Stegasaurus (sp?) to be very disturbing.

I love the movie for the music, personally, but don't feel it's appropriate for kids until they're older.

Adult Written byDr.Pepper April 9, 2008

Must-See

A breathtaking movie that delighted me when I was young and will delight your kids too. A great way to introduce children to classical music. There is some topless women but it is in good taste.

Kid, 12 years old Written bybookworm12 April 9, 2008

Boring...

Some find this to be a masterpiece, I find it boring. All it is are orchestra songs strung together with animated scenes to go along with the beat. I took this out of the DVD player about half way through the movie.

Kid, 11 years old Written bymickeymouse April 9, 2008

Mickey rules

the Mickey part always makes me smile

Parent of a 7 and 14 year old Written bywavymouth October 5, 2009

good and thrilling too

i love this movie, except that when the dinosaurs die i get the most terrible feeling, like i'm sick.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey August 12, 2010

Not that good- Kid's WILL find this movie boring!

Three Cabeleros is better. This movie is only boring classical music. I recommend the live show, however.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 26, 2010

Wow, man

Really anyone over 7 CAN see this but I don't think they'd want to, it's more of an teen-adult thing that can understand how much work walt Disney and the orchestra and especially the artists put into this masterpiece. With that said....it's a really weird movie. Not traditional Disney fare, but sure to see anyways.

Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009

its a good movie... but i like its sequel better.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byGoopee January 13, 2011

Not for young kids

I remember this as the first movie I ever saw at a cinema. I was terrified. The wonderful music is too intense when paired with the animation. Anyone who works with music can explain in great detail. The movie came up in a discussion with audio engineers about the effect of music on emotions. I will not be getting this for my child but may get it for myself.

Parent Written bybohanfamily July 19, 2010

boring

Too boring! I fell asleep watching this movie.

Kid, 10 years old Written byreilly1239 April 9, 2008

boring

this movie is so borring

Teen, 13 years old Written bysusieboo October 7, 2010

Great!

I love this film. Too bad the sequel is pure crap. Anyway, Chernabog is a little scary, but hey, your kids could use some tougher material sometimes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Five year olds will like it

Plop a five-year-old in front of this and they'll be entranced for a while. Unfortunately, unless you have a great interest in animation and classical music, this film isn't the most interesting. There isn't really a plot and it is pretty boring. Good for distracting litte kids though.

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 4, 2010

A masterpiece when i ever see one!!!!

This is a masterpiece. It is very very good movie. It has lots of music. It is just wonderful. The brief centaurettes nudity bothers me though. i like it. I give this a austin review collector series.

Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares December 26, 2008

Disney's Masterpiece

Even today, Fantasia is ahead of it's time (and better than the remake, Fantasia 2000).

Parent Written byPlague January 28, 2010

Fantasia

A stunning and riveting movie. A definate must see for the ENTIRE family. In my honest opinion, this movie is much greater than it's sequel for sure. The "Night on Bald Mountain" with Chernabog (or Satan himself), would pose to be scary for sensivite children. Other than that, this movie is a instant classic and will be for all time.

Kid, 4 years old November 11, 2011

Beautiful and classic movie

I adore this movie. Last Christmas I remembered the Nutcracker Suite and decided to show it to my girls. It's pretty easy to simply choose which of the vignettes are appropriate for your child. I waited a yr to show them the dinosaur one and they were fine with it because we had been reading about dinos so they were aware that carnivores ate herbivores etc. The nudity isn't an issue for me because I am teaching my kids that their bodies are beautiful, not shameful. The only issue I have with the centaurettes is their primping for male centaurs is a little icky. I love that it teaches kids about classical music. I love that there is no dialogue so my kids can use their imagination more. My kids did not know it was wine Bacchus was drinking, though I told them it was, they insisted it was juice! To this day they jump on their beds and say they are making juice. Love this classic!

Kid, 12 years old Written bySmiles663 January 2, 2012

SCARY (from what I saw)

Well, I didn't see the whole thing, but our music teacher showed us the night on a bear mountain scene. I was creeped out at all the demons and devils and skeletons and ghosts-
In this scene, I remember animated pictures of naked women, which were pretty detailed. Like I said, I didn't see the whole thing (I saw 5 minutes of it), but what I did see scared me...........

Kid, 12 years old Written byTarnationcarnation February 4, 2012

Scary at the end.

It's great, but remember to have the fast forward button ready when "Night on Bald Mountain" comes up. I wasn't able to watch it until I was eight. But the rest is very family friendly. Just keep in mind this film is meant for adults.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhazerbaze March 29, 2012

Eh...

This movie is disturbing at some times. The scene with the dinosaurs is disgusting. After the T-Rex kills and eats the Stegosaurus, all the dinosaurs die of thirst. It makes me sick to watch them shrivel up and fall, to never get up again.