All member reviews for Finding Neverland

Not about Peter Pan, and not a kids' movie.

Adult Written bycagseg April 9, 2008

A Good Story

Judging by the promos, this movie looks like it might be for children but it really isn't. While I enjoyed the story, sad ending and all, this movie will be too slow and emotional for pre-teens and children. Beautiful photography and special effects. Great acting by Johnny Depp.

Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

A very touching movie!

I really enjoyed this movie. The acting is very well done, especially by Johnny Depp. I cried at the end, and some parts are a little heavy. Kids under the age of 8 would probably be confused by some parts, but for people older, I think they will probably love this movie.

Adult Written byOlivePadfoot April 9, 2008

A classic.

A brilliant movie with outstanding acting, use of color, storyline and emotion. The plot moves along graciously and effortlessly, captivating you and making this movie impossible to stop watching. I cry everytime at the end.

Note that it contains many thematic elements that younger children may not understand or like.

Adult Written byksrh99 April 9, 2008

A sophisticated movie fit for 11 and older

Finally ... a movie I can take my 12-year-old to that has more substance than drama queens and princess-wanna-bees but isn't full of inappropriate behaviors and language. A sophisticated and magical movie that makes you think. Well worth the ticket price. There is some content that may be a little too sad for those under 10. :)

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 1, 2010

A tad boring, but really sad/sweet

Aw, this made me cry! But it was so sweet, and I've always wondered who inspired Peter Pan (The real person committed suicide after a few of his brothers deaths- sad fact) The characters get you to feel along with them. I zoned in and out of the movie though, it bored me (no offence, it just did) The imagination was really strong too, which I love, I LOVE it when people use their imagination, because a lot of people today copy off of eachother and look down on personality- typical society. The ending was pretty sad, and Peter was really emotional because of the trama that happened in his life. And Barrie was there for him :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byAlexH April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Finding Neverland was a great story and many well love it.

A great film but may disapoint people in the way it was done.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

wonderful

A finely tuned film in every aspect.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymvrtr April 9, 2008

Amazing Movie!!!!

This movie was extremely well written well performed. This wonderful movie is a must-see for anybody 7 or older. There were a few sad scenes, so be prepared for any one 7 or younger to cry.
Overall, this movie was an A++++++!!

Kid, 12 years old Written bysgt nutcake March 20, 2011

very decent biopic

seen this film tree times when its been on tv and each time my mum has cried. A touching film with a great performance from johnny depp

Teen, 14 years old Written byzaneybraney12 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byAmeliaKaderWood June 29, 2009

Need to watch movie

All I can say is that this film was truly amazing. It was very touching and sad, this movie will definitely bring tears to your eyes. All thanks to the wonderful performance of talented cast. Johnny (Depp) does some superb acting (as usual) and Freddie (Highmore) was very impressive. But this film isn't about Peter Pan, it's about the author of the wonderful classic. So, don't expect any Pirates or fairies, although they do a stage play in the movie, and it has some of the characters from Neverland. Anyways, this film is really awesome, and I recommend it. But be prepared with some Tissue ;)

Kid, 11 years old Written byshtime March 12, 2009

It's so sad!

The mom dies but I don't know why! When I saw the credits, they had sad music!

Teen, 14 years old Written byshadowexile6 March 10, 2009

absolutely wonderful

In this one of a kind film johnny depp is at his best. I found it to be very well done with wonderful acting. It really is a good movie but not to much for younger kids, i only say this because they would more than likely say something like "mommy im bored" or perhaps "can we rent barney goes to space instead?" no such movie. Admittedly i cried my eyes out at the end but as i see it all good movies make us cry.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 16, 2010

Biopic exceeds expectations

This, if I recall correctly was up for Best Picture. This movie was enjoyable if you liked 2 things: 1. Depp, 2. Peter Pan. I've liked all of the Depp/Burton collabs, bu this wasn't one of them unfortunately. I'm glad "Million Dollar Baby" took it home, but this movie is entertaining so you at least get to see the fictionalized telling of Barrie's Peter Pan inspiration.

Kid, 11 years old Written byRachelB. June 9, 2009

It's the only Johnny Depp movie I like. The acting is wonderful, though it's a bit sad.

Adult Written byMom_and_Son March 1, 2009

Brilliant. A must see for Johnny Depp fans

I watched this movie on a plane when I was nine and I actually enjoyed it. Dont expect an entire Peter Pan movie. This, in a way, a behind the scenes look.

Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byironman2 September 29, 2011

Finding Neverland has made Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp look really good

This was a very inspiring movie about J.M Barrie and the four children who inspired Peter Pan. I really loved this. If your children have trouble with writing because of lack of imagination. Then this a movie full of imagination for them. It helped my son with writing because he used to have lack of imangination.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byJane Austen fan August 21, 2009

A very touching movie

This film presents a very positive message and is a lovely film, overall. However, younger children may become bored but if they are interested, I see no harm in it.