All parent member reviews for Flightplan

Adult Written byChristolfo April 9, 2008

Clean suspense thriller, PG-13 a good rating

All about a mom's love for a daughter. The plot leaves a little to be desired. This is one of the few suspense thrillers you can watch with a little one older than 12. No drugs (one brief reference, but not abuse), no sex, and a brief gunfight at the end, no blood. It is implied that one person dies of an explosion, but this was not graphic at all. Nice & clean.

Adult Written byrobinshaw April 9, 2008

Great story line, maybe too intense if afraid of flying

My family saw this movie together (kids ages 11 and 14), and we all liked it. It is intense, the buildup of fear when the daughter can't be found is strong. I liked that there was resolution at the end, and my 11-year-old understood the story line. She is a little nervous about flying, but this movie did not affect her in that way. The movie keeps you interested every minute.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

It's just a so-so movie

This was an okay movie. My 13-year-old daughter liked it. There were no big surprises. I figured out the bad guy in nearly the first scene. The girl was a surprise though. Jodie's facial expressions never changed. It didn't leave you feeling anything--neither good or bad. It was just a so-so movie...not awful, but not really good either.

Adult Written bytdrenth April 9, 2008

Adult Written byautumnwind April 9, 2008

Adult Written byTheBigJ April 9, 2008

Parent of a 13 year old Written byMr. Boxbox April 9, 2008

good thriller

If you want a suspensful thriller without gore and disturbing images this is a good choice.

Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

Very Good

This was a great its better to rent it.

Adult Written byGamePlayer12 April 14, 2009

Great Movie!

This movie was great I really got into it! The guy below me is right. Its not good for younger kids because it can get a little creepy at some times. I really liked this movie and got a copy to add to my collection.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion May 3, 2009

A Tense, Riveting Thriller...

FLIGHTPLAN would be a good thriller for teens and preteens who are eager to see more mature films but who aren't quite ready for the content. Jodie Foster is perfect in her role, and she makes the movie great fun to watch. Violence is the only issue in the movie. A person is scratched in the face after hitting an armrest, and another is hit in the face with a fire extinguisher. There is some blood in the resulting cuts. The overall tone of the movie is threatening and intense, but it never gets edgy or creepy; it's just enough to give the movie an edge-of-your-seat feeling. Language consists of some "godd**n"s and one or two "h*ll"s.

Adult Written bywonder dove October 25, 2013

Joy ride for teens & adults!

Excellent movie! Jodie Foster is awesome as usual, great acting and very suspenseful story. Jodie plays Kyle who is a loving mother to her little 6 year old girl, Julia. After her husband dies, Kyle transfers his body from Berlin back to New York in a huge airbus she helped to design. One night while flying, Kyle wakes up to find her daughter missing. Frantic and scared while searching for hours, Kyle is convinced by crew members that her daughter doesn't exist because there was no passport to prove it, plus, nobody remembers seeing her. She is blamed for her medication for anxiety (due to the loss of her husband). But certain clues to Julia's existence keeps Kyle from giving up and no one can stop her until she finds out the truth. Language isn't too bad but contains uses of sh*t, Godd@mn, hell, Jesus Christ. Violence includes reference to suicide, death of a loved one, explosions, a man shoots at a woman, a fire extinguisher is smashed on a guys head resulting in bloody head/ear, a man knocks a woman down and she hits her face on the arm of a chair and goes unconscious, a woman punches a woman in the face, another woman is knocked down, lots of yelling between characters, a group fight starts but no real injuries, a man falls out of a passage way and injures his leg, arm grabbing and twisting, a dead man is shown inside a casket, passengers go crazy when lights go out for a minute on the plane and emergency masks fall down, two creepy men watch a woman from her window. Sexual content has nothing except brief flirting between flight attendants. No drinking, drugs or smoking. Excellent yet gripping PG-13 movie for 13 and up!

Parent Written bySam Donder October 12, 2013

Flightpan is a great thriller, but will scare younger kids

Flightplan is a great thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat. There is very minimal violence (an explosion and a few deaths). There is also no drug content or sex. The only reason that this movie is rated PG-13 is it is tense and scary. Unless you have kids that are frightened easily, this is a great movie to watch, that has a great performance by Jodie Foster.

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

One of my favourite thrillers

This is one of my favourite thrillers, it was very well done, Jodie Foster was fantastic, and it keeps you on the very edge of your seat. There is a bit of language, but other than that, the only iffy thing is the tense situations.